PN-G Vs Tomball

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. One loss in the books, one unfortunate injury, now on to week 3.

PN-G coaches and players will continue to strive for excellence. There is much potential there to be unlocked, beginning and ending with each player on the team

The demons of doubt and disbelief will be overcome through ramped up, focused, and dedicated preparation and effort to detail.

Offensive line will recognize and hold their blocks better. Protecting their QB as if their life depended on it.

Receivers will concentrate and hold onto to those missed catches. And run optimal routes.

Running backs will work on seeing the field better and consistently cutting to daylight.

Defensive players will go 100% on every play.

Every linebacker will go 100% until the whistle blows.

Defensive backs will learn to turn their head and look for the ball.

Fans will work on cheering their team more and not leaving in the 3rd quarter.

Tomball will be the next good prep game before district.

Good luck Indians! Keep the belief.

twrpng

100+ Posts
I have faith in the png coaches and players you have to play the cards your dealt . They will have the players that can play ready to go , next man up.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
For the record. I only left because with the delay I still got back to Houston around midnight. So I’m applying for a pass on this one. Lol.

RoschonsBigBro

https://www.texanlive.com/2018/09/port-neches-groves-vs-tomball-9-15-2018-2pm-football-tomball-isd-stadium/

This game will be streamed on texanlive

crawfish_75081

I think we all agree PN-G has a great football team and the program has a rich history of success, but let’s face up to the facts it has been 43 years since the program has brought home a state championship and it has been 18 years since the last appearance in a state championship game. In order to be a champion the team has do dig deep and win games they need to win in order to reach that lofty goal. In order to achieve that goal the team has to be better than the opponent on BOTH sides of the ball. Defense wins championships.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
The only two things that's missing with Png is: consistent good D and a dynamic special teams player (s) as in kick returner/punt returner. Png has everything else.

I know for us down here we're missing three things: 1. Gotta stay healthy. 2. Cut the boneheaded penalties. 3. Special teams. We have everything else.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
You nailed it. Playmakers.

Need someone to step up every week like Logan LeJeune did for 3 years on defense. Nichols is a playmaker on the d line. Who else will play like a beast on D?

Riggs, Sullivan, Giblin, Clark, Rose, Nelson.... a lineage of record setting receivers over the past 9 years. Which receiver will carry that torch?

Harmon, Bertrand, Halfin, Cropper, and before them Cook, Hemmings and others. All playmakers at running back. Will Deslatte be able to step up more consistently.

And all starts with that Indians O-line. Big, strong guys, but can they step up and consistently block?

Much more to this than the QB. Pieces are there. Just need to play at a different level of effort.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Grant Rogers has a terrific arm. If he can get protection in that pocket, he’ll stand tall and deliver laser strikes.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
RoschonsBigBro said:
Shug should be back by Lee and if not definitely by Crobsy.
Great to hear that. I really admire his attitude. Of course you’re brought in by the rare skill and talent, but every time I’ve ever witnessed him off the field (limited times) I can’t get over how humble, polite, etc he is for a TEENAGER much less a superstar talent. Very rare to see these days. I’m rooting for him all the way through. I’m a PNG fan first and have the privilege to see him work magic in that beautiful purple uniform.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Roschon is without a doubt a great kid and outstanding football player. A player that can make so much positive impact is rare on any team, and is a rarity. It is a blessing to have such a great player on the team. And seeing him play on my favorite college team the next 4-5 years! :texasflag: :hookem:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
In the end these are all kids busting their rears to play a part in a football legacy. Regardless of what anyone thinks about PN-G, including the irrational who hold some type of grudge, PN-G does have that legacy. PNG is not the only school that has that, but may have an extra helping of it. History speaks for itself. I hope Roschon and all the players have a great year that will be remembered.

twrpng

100+ Posts
Im with ya on RJ having a great sr year but no matter wat happens he's made his mark at png. I was fortunate to have my son catch pass's from RJ last two years it was a great honor watching RJ and riggs hook up. I hope it all ends well for his st year. I will also be keeping up with him at the next level.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores