PN-GISD School Board Elections

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
It is that time of year again. Pay attention to the candidates running for the PN-GISD school board. Why is it important? It is important because there remains a faction wanting to get rid of Coach Faircloth or be a constant pain in his side so that he will eventually leave. Despite Coach Faircloth reviving the PN-G football program from mediocre W/L records, consistently going to the playoffs, and getting PN-G student-athletes college scholarships, there is still a group of disgruntled parents whose kids did not get to play that want to stir up community politics in hopes of creating changes. PN-GISD needs to keep Darren McCutcheon on the school board. He is a loyal friend of PN-G teachers and athletics.

Go Indians. Peace.

bark

1,000+ Posts
I agree on Darren but for his dedication to the teachers in this district not for football. I think we should worry more about academics as opposed to a football game. I understand the importance of extra curricular activities BUT we are here to educate not develop football players. We will never agree on the "proper" HC. I am a Burnett fan.

I will totally give Mr. Fairclothe credit for some amazing Qb records and finishing in the top 4 of district every year allowing us to go to the playoffs. Coupe of District titles too, so great job.

Who is the Lefort ex coach/teacher running against?

hookem14

100+ Posts
bark said:
I agree on Darren but for his dedication to the teachers in this district not for football. I think we should worry more about academics as opposed to a football game. I understand the importance of extra curricular activities BUT we are here to educate not develop football players. We will never agree on the "proper" HC. I am a Burnett fan.

I will totally give Mr. Fairclothe credit for some amazing Qb records and finishing in the top 4 of district every year allowing us to go to the playoffs. Coupe of District titles too, so great job.

Coach BF has done a lot more than set QB records and go to the playoffs, he’s won football games at a substantially higher percentage than his predecessor.
MB-59.6%
BF-66.7%
And, as 1989NDN said, Coach BF has revived the PN-G football program from mediocre W/L records, and getting PN-G student-athletes many college scholarships, whereas that was not the case with his predecessor. If not for the Mike/Dustin Long lead 1999 team, the MB tenure would not have lasted nearly as long as it did!

Whoa

bark

1,000+ Posts
respect your opinion. Don't agree.

I do recognize the different views on all coaches regimes.

Usually it is because they or their children felt slighted in playing time under the specific coach they dislike

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Jake Lefort is running against Darren McCutcheon.

VOTE FOR DARREN McCUTCHEON.

I have known Darren, his wife, and his parents for over 30+ years. Darren and his family bleed purple and white. Like many of us, Darren's family has a lot of time, talent, sweat equity, and love invested in PN-GISD. He is for academics and teachers first, he is for polices that promote economic stability and financial strength within the ISD, he has good working relationships with other school board members and city officials in Port Neches and Groves, and he is not afraid to take your phone call or have a face-to-face meeting with you about what is best for PN-GISD. Since 2008-2009, Darren has taken heat for the dismissal of Matt Burnett and hiring Brandon Faircloth. It's been almost ten years and the old faction will not let it go. Despite the wins, the playoffs, the upgrades in the program, and kids going to college, there are some that just want to complain. There have been some that push Coach Faircloth to the limits of his patience. Anyone remember the "For Sale" signs in Coach Faircloth's yard? They've tried to force him to hire certain assistant coaches, and they have complained about his record-setting teams when he refused to play a certain kid or he refused to hire an ex-coach. Contact Darren McCutcheon and get to know him and his platform.

If you don't know Darren, I will make the introduction. If you need his contact info, I can give it to you. I'm pro-Darren McCutcheon, Rusty Brittain, and Eric Sullivan. They are good men with the best interest of PN-GISD at the top of their to-do lists. They value education and athletics and they don't look for opportunities to aggravate Coach Faircloth or run him out of town. I don't know Ms. Parker, Mr. Holmes, Mr. Cropper, or Mr. Bartlett. Ms. Parker has served a long time and she seems to be a strong advocate for teachers, spending money wisely, and favoring extra-curricular activities. Those are good for PN-GISD.

Go Indians. Peace.

hookem14

100+ Posts
bark said:
respect your opinion. Don't agree. [size=10pt]Well, there is nothing to agree with on winning percentages, those are what they are (facts), nothing to disagree about! College Scholarships are also what they are, nothing to disagree about, once again, those are facts!

I do recognize the different views on all coaches regimes.

Usually it is because they or their children felt slighted in playing time under the specific coach they dislike. [size=12pt][size=10pt]In my case, neither myself nor children were slighted whatsoever by anyone. I played for MB when he was the DC, not slighted by him at all. He is one of my ALL TIME favorite people! But being a good person and being a good coach are two different things. On Friday nights under the lights, I'd take BF every time!
[/size]

BMTSoulja1

bark said:

Just because you're a Burnett fan doesn't mean you have to be a Fairclothe detractor....

You do want board members that a in place that support EVERYTHING, including academics AND athletics.

Also, I'm sure Faircloth had nothing to do with Burnett losing his job.

Personally I want the coach that does the better job..... COACHING. Rusults speak. The body of work is there. MB? Not so much. You're hired to win games. It's also a plus that MF also cares about His student athletes.

hookem14

100+ Posts
BMTSoulja1 said:
bark said:

Just because you're a Burnett fan doesn't mean you have to be a Fairclothe detractor....

You do want board members that a in place that support EVERYTHING, including academics AND athletics.

Personally I want the coach that does the better job..... COACHING. Rusults speak. The body of work is there. MB? Not so much. You're hired to win games. It's also a plus that MF also cares about His student athletes.
AGREED! BMTSoulja1...and, I think you meant BF in your last sentence.

BMTSoulja1

hookem14 said:
BMTSoulja1 said:
bark said:

AGREED! BMTSoulja1...and, I think you meant BF in your last sentence.
That's what I meant. Keyboard issues...

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
BMTSoulja1 said:
bark said:

Spot on! Sometimes it takes outside perspective to see the clear picture.

Matt Burnett will ALWAYS exemplify what a PNG Indian is about. He and his family have a pedigree and history that will NEVER be erased.

But that shouldn't minimize what Coach Faircloth brings to the table. He is an ELITE offensive coach and strategist. PNG players are on another offensive level that has rarely been seen in the 92 year history here. Difference is, it's now consistent, and now PNG football is as exciting to follow and watch as any program in the state. And we can't overlook the statewide recognition. 29 all-state selections in 8 seasons. More college offers than in previous years. And as mentioned, he's a coach with excellent moral character who is good for the kids.

Burnett deserves recognition, but that's the past. Time to move on with a great coach and program. Anyone who thinks it's ok to sabotage the current coach or program might need to stop and think.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I hate these conversations. Matt Burnett is a great man and Indian until the end. Brandon Faircloth is our coach now also a fine man and a man of high moral character. He also is carrying a 67% winning %. His teams have produced some good football players and he has PNG winning all the way down to junior high by making good hires, installing a good program. Let Coach Burnett do his thing at LCM and watch their defense grow into a good defense and let Coach Faircloth bring PNG back into the limelight in sports. Who can forget his hire of now iconic Coach Carter. BF is what this school needed after Coach Burnett left. It was a fresh change, but both Coaches will have their place in Indian lore. Noone will ever forget Coach Burnett and Coach Long marching us to State in 1999.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
1989NDN said:
It is that time of year again. Pay attention to the candidates running for the PN-GISD school board. Why is it important? It is important because there remains a faction wanting to get rid of Coach Faircloth or be a constant pain in his side so that he will eventually leave. Despite Coach Faircloth reviving the PN-G football program from mediocre W/L records, consistently going to the playoffs, and getting PN-G student-athletes college scholarships, there is still a group of disgruntled parents whose kids did not get to play that want to stir up community politics in hopes of creating changes. PN-GISD needs to keep Darren McCutcheon on the school board. He is a loyal friend of PN-G teachers and athletics.

Go Indians. Peace.

YES SIR!!!!!!!!

rodney12345678

100+ Posts
Dont know why but png always gets rid of the good coaches just look at history ethridge, malone, burnett, and now working on faircloth? Some people just dont remember the lean years after ethridge. I normally dont vote in school board elections but i will this time because of what i heard.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
rodney12345678 said:
Dont know why but png always gets rid of the good coaches just look at history ethridge, malone, burnett, and now working on faircloth? Some people just dont remember the lean years after ethridge. I normally dont vote in school board elections but i will this time because of what i heard.

I think Ethridge resigned for another position. Everyone knows the Malone controversies. Burnett was struggling and it was time for a change.

A lot of those lean years were because of the move to 5A.

These ugly, local politics are despicable. It would be better for all if those Faircloth antagonists would just leave town themselves if they don't like having an excellent head coach and leader at the helm. And a coach that is on his way to taking over that all-time win total while he develops great players.

rodney12345678

100+ Posts
yes that is what i have been hearing local politics with head coaches a winning team and they want to get rid of him, i just dont understand

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores