PN-GISD School Board Elections

Torino

500+ Posts
mdog is totally wrong.
But, I wish the election had sparked as much interest on this message board before yesterday as today. Perhaps more than 10% of the voters would have participated.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
IndianFan said:
NDNbyChoice said:
IndianFan said:
What a shame if a vendetta against Coach Faircloth is even remotely supported by a former coach, or for any politically motivated reason. No honor in that and, unfortunately, a sure way to brand PN-G as a backwards place where good head coaches might not want to come in the future.
You don't live around here anymore, do you? ;)

All you have to do is look at what happened in Kirbyville.They killed a great football system. Now they have a coach who does not require his players to work out. He believes that they should choose to do it on their on time not during practice

Sure don't. That doesn't change the statement at all. There are other towns where local politics have resulted in ridiculous decisions and actions that impacted very good coaches.

prepballfan

Staff member
newschool said:
Karma......it comes back to you. You need to be mindful of how you treat others and what you do to others because Karma comes back and sometimes with a vengeance. It happened today with the results of this election. :)

Sounds like this person is verifying that Leforte has a vendetta against Faircloth. I hope not I know a lot of folks who voted for him that wont again if that's the case

Indian99

500+ Posts
prepballfan said:
IndianFan said:
NDNbyChoice said:
IndianFan said:
What a shame if a vendetta against Coach Faircloth is even remotely supported by a former coach, or for any politically motivated reason. No honor in that and, unfortunately, a sure way to brand PN-G as a backwards place where good head coaches might not want to come in the future.
You don't live around here anymore, do you? ;)

All you have to do is look at what happened in Kirbyville.They killed a great football system. Now they have a coach who does not require his players to work out. He believes that they should choose to do it on their on time not during practice

Sure don't. That doesn't change the statement at all. There are other towns where local politics have resulted in ridiculous decisions and actions that impacted very good coaches.
This isn't Kirbyville bro...

prepballfan

Staff member
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
Kind of hard to run off a HC that has made Png football fun again. Just my opinion.

Let me give you another like

mdog

Torino, you have just shown that you have no idea what you are talking about. If you were so in the know, you would not make the accusation that I'm wrong.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
mdog - I could careless what you see or what you think about me being informed. I know enough to understand why a majority of those coaches were not retained by Coach Faircloth. You are wrong, but you are entitled to your opinion. It was Coach Faircloth and the assistants that he brought in for 2009 that turned around the 2-8 squad "held together" by those assistant coaches in 2008. Where are all of those great assistant coaches at now? In the past eight or nine years, why haven't they moved up the ranks in Texas high school football and become head coaches? And, again, I could careless what you think.

Go Indians. Peace.

Torino

500+ Posts
mdog said:
Torino, you have just shown that you have no idea what you are talking about. If you were so in the know, you would not make the accusation that I'm wrong.
Its sad if you think a handful of assistant coaches kept a 3-6 football team together for 2 months in the weight room so that it could be ranked #5 in the state the next year, go 11-1, and be throwing into the end zone at the end of a 21-27 loss to the state runner-up (Brenham). Give me a break.

Indian99

500+ Posts
Wasn't Lefort one of the coaches retained by Faircloth? I'm pretty sure he coached under Faircloth for at least a couple years before moving on...

mdog

You see just like a lot of people on this board, you have jumped to conclusion that I said the asst. coaches brought the knowledge that provided the path to the great system that is in place. Coach Faircloth and the asst. coaches he brought in did that. I said, there were a few coaches that were still there that kept the athletic department on tract during the time that there was not a coach in place. Some are still in the system and are performing well.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
OK, golf clap for the coaches in 2008-2009 that oversaw the off-season and PE classes during the transition to Coach Faircloth.

Go Indians. Peace.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
prepballfan said:
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
Kind of hard to run off a HC that has made Png football fun again. Just my opinion.

Let me give you another like
just speaking truth man, I didnt start regularly visiting The Rez until Fairchief got there, only time before then I went up to Png regularly was when my cuz ran PG for the bball team. Fairchief has brought Png football back into statewide talk, if someone wants to run him off they need to be admitted to that mental facility up in Rusk.

akifan94

500+ Posts
I don't have a dog in this fight as I live outside the district now. But,

I know Jake personally and I have never heard him speak negative about Faircloth or the football program in general. I very seriously doubt he ran in order to screw teachers over and run Faircloth off. That is just crazy talk.

Faircloth is here to win. I also highly doubt there is some football stud riding the bench because some daddy is buddies with Faircloth and the stud's parents are not.

I see a ton of accusations on this board as well as on setxsports and not once have I seen them backed up with proof.

Bottom line is Jake is one vote on the board. If he comes out with an obvious agenda that backs up people's accusations on here he can be easily voted out next election. Until then all of you slinging mud behind a screen name while never backing up your claims are doing more harm than good.

bark

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
OK, golf clap for the coaches in 2008-2009 that oversaw the off-season and PE classes during the transition to Coach Faircloth.

Go Indians. Peace.
I agree and don't forget not only did those asst. coaches help keep it together BUT thank Matt Burnett and that staff for training and preparing those players of the 2009 team that did so well. Matt and those assistants had 3 years in which to mold their talent and unite them as a team.

Faircloth did well with them only being able to coach them the spring and a couple of weeks before the season started.

akifan94

500+ Posts
One last thing. All of you wanting to point out academics are more important than football and follow that up with how you are a Burnett fan. Look at the numbers when Burnett was here versus Faircloth on how many student-athletes are recognized for their achievements on the field that helps further their education with athletic scholarships. Faircloth has done way more than Burnett ever thought about in that regard.

hookem14

100+ Posts
bark said:
1989NDN said:

Go Indians. Peace.
I agree and don't forget not only did those asst. coaches help keep it together BUT thank Matt Burnett and that staff for training and preparing those players of the 2009 team that did so well. Matt and those assistants had 3 years in which to mold their talent and unite them as a team.

Faircloth did well with them only being able to coach them the spring and a couple of weeks before the season started.
Yes...he molded their talent and united them right into a 3-6 team the previous year!

bark

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
mdog - I could careless what you see or what you think about me being informed. I know enough to understand why a majority of those coaches were not retained by Coach Faircloth. You are wrong, but you are entitled to your opinion. It was Coach Faircloth and the assistants that he brought in for 2009 that turned around the 2-8 squad "held together" by those assistant coaches in 2008. Where are all of those great assistant coaches at now? In the past eight or nine years, why haven't they moved up the ranks in Texas high school football and become head coaches? And, again, I could careless what you think.

Go Indians. Peace.
[/quote

VERY seriously, surely you agree that there is no way to forecast what may have happened? I could argue that they may have done better with MB and one could certainly argue the other side.

Still don't understand why some really hate MB but I guess as the election turned out things are starting to go that way with Faircloth - like Watson, Troy, Owens, Malone, Matt and now Faircloth

What did Bum say "two kinds of coaches them that's been fired and them that will be fired"

hookem14

100+ Posts
bark said:
1989NDN said:

Go Indians. Peace.
[/quote

VERY seriously, surely you agree that there is no way to forecast what may have happened? I could argue that they may have done better with MB and one could certainly argue the other side.

Still don't understand why some really hate MB but I guess as the election turned out things are starting to go that way with Faircloth - like Watson, Troy, Owens, Malone, Matt and now Faircloth

What did Bum say "two kinds of coaches them that's been fired and them that will be fired"
Why do you think anyone hates MB? I think that is the absolute furthest thing from the truth. I don't know of ANYONE that hates MB. He's an Awesome Person and I believe is universally thought of as such...People were simply tired of mediocre results!

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
Here's what i think, i think both Burnett and Faircloth are great coaches. I think people were upset at losing Burnett in 2008 and then upset with Faircloth by not beating Nederland several years in a row. I think all of that has passed now...but someone keeps trying to stir it up...think about who you heard the rumors from...were they grasping at straws ? and lets all just agree that we want all of our Indians to do well in everything! :)

hookem14

100+ Posts
NDN fan 4ever said:
Here's what i think, i think both Burnett and Faircloth are great coaches. I think people were upset at losing Burnett in 2008 and then upset with Faircloth by not beating Nederland several years in a row. I think all of that has passed now...but someone keeps trying to stir it up...think about who you heard the rumors from...were they grasping at straws ? and lets all just agree that we want all of our Indians to do well in everything! :)
Yes, there is one particular poster that try’s his best to stir the pot, and what’s funny is that I think he believes no one is seeing right through him when in fact EVERYONE does!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores