PN-GISD vows to keep coach applicants secret

Gumbeaux

NDNTIME....I love that post.....

As long as we know a "pure" committee has been formed to make the decisions...Then let them make it...

Its almost like people think a conspiracy has been formed to hire someone..I think someone posted on another thread how nobody gets "amped" up when a new math or science teacher gets hired, but hammer officials over a ball coach....

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost.

Thomas Jefferson

I am all for the FOI request.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Xcrystalbeachbum said:
Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost.

Thomas Jefferson

I am all for the FOI request.

I doubt T.J. would be very concerned with a school district hiring a football coach.

kfdmcoop

100+ Posts
We always ask for them and it's never been a problem until now.

LC-M releases applicants; PN-G not so fast
By Chad Cooper, Sports Editor
The Examiner

Port Arthur Memorial, Port Neches-Groves and Little Cypress-Mauriceville will have a new football coach in place before the school year is over. Memorial is in the process of accepting applications as is LC-M, whose deadline was today. LC-M has released their list that included 51 applicants.

Of those, some names of interest are Randy Crouch (WO-S offensive coordinator; former LC-M assistant), Jeff Harrell (Texas High assistant athletic director/offensive line; former LC-M assistant), Josh Rankin (FW Haltom HS, former LC-M grad/assistant) and Mike Stewart (Orangefield offensive coordinator/ LC-M grad/assistant).

The district is also seeking input from their community by taking a 15 question survey regarding the new coaching search at www.lcmcisd.org. The new coach will make $68,026-$80,596.

PN-G on the other hand is keeping quiet. Despite deadline for entry on Jan. 9 and a slew of Freedom of Information requests, superintendent Lani Randall was quoted in the Port Arthur News saying the district would likely seek an opinion from the Texas Attorney General.

The Freedom of Information states information sought must be promptly released according to the availability or, if not available, they have 10 days to do so. The Texas Attorney General’s office released in ruling 2000-0035 that a public school could not keep secret the applications of coaches. An opinion from the Texas Attorney General would take a minimum of 45 days, well beyond Feb. 10, which is the date they district wants to recommend a name to the board.

PN-G School Board President Rusty Brittain was also quoted in The News and mentioned what happened to coach Jeff Jagodzinksi at Boston College. It was announced that Jagodizinksi, the head coach at BC, had applied for the same job for the NFL’s New York Jets but was fired by Boston College for doing so.

Applying for a job at the high school level is nowhere near the level of applying for a position from a school in the ACC to the NFL.

The public and most importantly, the tax payers of the PN-G school district deserve to know who they applicants are for the job.

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
images

Media buzzards win. The people who have a vested interest in this decision potentially lose.

kfdmcoop, correct me if I am wrong, but I think he just called you a buzzard :angry:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
As a "taxpayer", I don't have the need to know, especially if the Super. feels that it's in the best interest of the district, and the welfare of the coaches. I guess I'm not as impatient as some.
What's everyone gonna complain about with PNG after they DO give up the names? I guess they'll have to come up with something else.

akifan94

500+ Posts
Xcrystalbeachbum said:
PNG Proud said:
What's everyone gonna complain about with PNG after they DO give up the names? I guess they'll have to come up with something else.

We are working on it as I speak......

Here is one for you.... ;D.....Why would the school design a new gym and huge press box with pinkish colored brick, then try to throw in some flair with a white pattern that looks like a big "T"? Why not throw in a few more white bricks and make them "I"'s for Indians. Is that too much to ask. Jeez. ;D

bandkid

Staff member
akifan94 said:
Xcrystalbeachbum said:
PNG Proud said:

Here is one for you.... ;D.....Why would the school design a new gym and huge press box with pinkish colored brick, then try to throw in some flair with a white pattern that looks like a big "T"? Why not throw in a few more white bricks and make them "I"'s for Indians. Is that too much to ask. Jeez. ;D

You wont have that to complain about for too much longer. Theyre putting up some big indian seal sorta thing on the back of the pressbox. I guess they want downtown Beaumont to know which stadium is the Reservation.

akifan94

500+ Posts
bandkid said:
akifan94 said:
Xcrystalbeachbum said:
PNG Proud said:

You wont have that to complain about for too much longer. Theyre putting up some big indian seal sorta thing on the back of the pressbox. I guess they want downtown Beaumont to know which stadium is the Reservation.

Anyone got a plan "B"? ;)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The seal should add a nice touch.

My Dad visited PN for the first time in years and was amazed by the height of the press box. He mentioned that it was the tallest structure around. One of these days I'll make it back to see it firsthand.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
As a "taxpayer", I don't have the need to know, especially if the Super. feels that it's in the best interest of the district, and the welfare of the coaches. I guess I'm not as impatient as some.
Proud, you know that I respect you, but I have to respectfully disagree. Read this morning's Bmt Enterprise Opinions section. The infamous three (Brittain, McCutcheon, and Green) and our superientendent are going to cost us taxpayer money for no reason. What makes them think we don't have to follow the law? They are making us look "elitist" and stupid to people in other districts around the area. I sincerely hope that the citizens realize that it is not the entire board but a select few who is causing these problems and vote accordingly. IMHO, I think this is childish. What more are they hiding? Release the list and get on with business. Before you blast me, be sure you've read the Bmt Enterprise opinion article, please.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores