PNG 41, TC 27: FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandkid

Staff member
PNG Proud said:
Justafan said:
Most of you who are talking smack at me were on here after last weeks loss running there moths about bring Burnett back. I am Faircloths and his coaches biggest fan. I am just stating what i've seen the past 2 weeks. We are a work in progress. We have got to stop giving up the big plays.

I wasn't at the game, but every person that I've talked to about it said the same things as you Justafan...lack of tackling. But look back at the last 2,3,4, seasons. They're all the same at this point of the season. As usual, we'll get better and we'll be fine. Justafan is just giving his summation of the game. Doesn't make him a bad guy, or a Vidor Fan, just an observant spectator.

Ditto.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
pngdad8420 said:
I am a X-dog, and I catch all kinds of hell from my friends for letting my son play for PNG, I just tell them they do not understand the HONOR PRIDE and TRADITION that has grown inside my kids over the years (which I only pretend to understand). Last night there was a older man in front of me that would not shut up :eek:ld: (LOL) and I found myself wanting to punch the guy, everything that they did on the field was wrong in his eyes, So after my wife told me to be quite and not punch the guy, I started thinking what makes this guy so nuts about PNG football ? I mean I have a kid out there and I get worked up and run down the stands to yell good job! but this guy is nuts! at the end of the game on the last D play he did not like the way the line backers were lined up he wanted a blitz! after we put there O back on the sidelines, he turned to me and said "well that proves it I do not no what I am talking about" I really did LOL ! My point is, We all have a idea of the way D and O should play,but at the end of the day, We are all FANS! WE draw more fans than some COLLEGES (saw this for myself) I would not have my son play for anyone else! Even if he is talked down on by one of our fans! GO INDIANS ! ALL THE WAY TO STATE !

SCALP-EM # 8
LOVE MY NOO #4
SCALP-EM # 20

Who has talked down about Chase?? Chase is the real deal, and gives it 150% all game!!!

Ndnpride

I don't know which game some of you attended last night but I for one saw a bunch of kids go out there on the field and give 150% on every play!!! Yes the defense did have a couple of hickups that cost us 20 points but that is it. Other than missing a couple of tackles on three plays they didn't give up much of anything else. I know that my son gives it his all on every play and it showes even today in how he is moving around the house (sore and can barley move). We have the greatest fan base in this great state of Texas and it seems like a select few just can't be satisified with any outcome. Please get behind these boy's and support them in every effort that they make. Remember that this is their time to shine and most of these boys are still just that, boys (16, 17, and 18 years old). They will make mistakes and there will be learning plays but these coaches we have are very good at making the adjustments needed and putting the boys where they need to be when they need to be there.

P.S. Sorry about the ranting but I'm getting tired of hearing about the defence not being in the game. They give it their all during practice and during the games. I listened to it all last year but I can't take it any more.

LET'S GO PNG ALL THE WAY TO STATE!!!!

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
Justafan said:
pngdad8420 said:
I am a X-dog, and I catch all kinds of hell from my friends for letting my son play for PNG, I just tell them they do not understand the HONOR PRIDE and TRADITION that has grown inside my kids over the years (which I only pretend to understand). Last night there was a older man in front of me that would not shut up :eek:ld: (LOL) and I found myself wanting to punch the guy, everything that they did on the field was wrong in his eyes, So after my wife told me to be quite and not punch the guy, I started thinking what makes this guy so nuts about PNG football ? I mean I have a kid out there and I get worked up and run down the stands to yell good job! but this guy is nuts! at the end of the game on the last D play he did not like the way the line backers were lined up he wanted a blitz! after we put there O back on the sidelines, he turned to me and said "well that proves it I do not no what I am talking about" I really did LOL ! My point is, We all have a idea of the way D and O should play,but at the end of the day, We are all FANS! WE draw more fans than some COLLEGES (saw this for myself) I would not have my son play for anyone else! Even if he is talked down on by one of our fans! GO INDIANS ! ALL THE WAY TO STATE !

SCALP-EM # 8
LOVE MY NOO #4
SCALP-EM # 20

Who has talked down about Chase?? Chase is the real deal, and gives it 150% all game!!!
Sorry not him directly, but when the topic of defense is talked down on, He views it as a direct comment at him,I guess the word TEAM means something,We have talked about this a few times, He understands that this is part of being on a great team ! People expect the win every week! I tell you the coaches are not only producing a great football team, but are putting something in them that they will carry the rest of there life.

90NDN

500+ Posts
I think we all just want a state title and know that we can't keep giving up the big plays...I'm betting that this will continue to be harped on in practice I can only assume. All we can ask as fans is that they give it their all. We are all armchair qbs LOL and we think why did they run that play. I think we are getting better every game...should be an exciting season.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I believe that if you look back on the Crosby game and compare the tackling to the TC game you will see a vast improvement in the tackling. Some were one handed tackles holding onto the jersey of the backs. You have to look at the improvement of the tackling overall. I feel if the tackling had not improved we probably would have lost. This D has picked it up and are getting better. If you go by and watch the D at practice you will see they have been doing alot of work on tackling. I feel they will continue to do so. Some changes may take place on the D or maybe not. But overall they did improve from the Crosby game. So lets all stop beating a dead horse about the D and their tackling. This team has the potential to go very deep in the playoffs. Lets start supporting their goals and not ours !

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
I believe that if you look back on the Crosby game and compare the tackling to the TC game you will see a vast improvement in the tackling. Some were one handed tackles holding onto the jersey of the backs. You have to look at the improvement of the tackling overall. I feel if the tackling had not improved we probably would have lost. This D has picked it up and are getting better. If you go by and watch the D at practice you will see they have been doing alot of work on tackling. I feel they will continue to do so. Some changes may take place on the D or maybe not. But overall they did improve from the Crosby game. So lets all stop beating a dead horse about the D and their tackling. This team has the potential to go very deep in the playoffs. Lets start supporting their goals and not ours !

How long your son out?

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Justafan said:
pngfan66 said:
We are hoping for just a few more weeks. They start rehad tomorrow. He has a good range of motion now with not much pain. Doc wants him to start the bicycle treatment and Ice. Then move up to jogging hopefully within a week. I don't want him to push it and come back before he is 100%. I know he wants to get back to it, but the trainers are not gonna let him till they and the Doc feel comfortable. He wants to be back by Livingston, but thats a 50/50. More than likely the Nederland game. The MRI showed a very moderate tear of the MCL. No ACL or Meniscus damage.

How long your son out?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
This is just my opinion on what concerned me at this game--I was very proud of the boys, but disappointed in our fans! We always stay to the very end of the game until the boys have come onto the field and had their moment of "victory or defeat". I think that is respectful of the players for the hard work and effort they put out to give us a win. I was personally devastated to see how many fans just got up and left at the end of the game, some even before it was over. In past years, this was not the case. Maybe some seniors with walkers, canes, etc., would try to leave early but all the rest of the fans waited until the game was over and the boys had their moment of glory. When they raised their helmets to the fans following this game, unfortunately not many of us were left. We are always fans, win or lose, and we never leave early. I am very disappointed.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Don't forget the shift workers that have to be back at work early in the morning. I stayed for the whole game, but the after-game is for others when I have to wake up that early the next morning. Some of those nights, I don't even make the whole game.

hookem14

100+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
Don't forget the shift workers that have to be back at work early in the morning. I stayed for the whole game, but the after-game is for others when I have to wake up that early the next morning. Some of those nights, I don't even make the whole game.
Bingo!!!!! People don't know everyones circumstances for leaving early.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Wait a darned minute! I'm not talking 10 or 15 minutes. I'm talking one or two minutes before the game was over. People would've waited that long in the parking lot. Excuses, excuses, excuses.....

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I AM a great fan. As for putting people down, I don't have to--some make themselves look stupid. One of these times you make rude comments to me, I will tell everyone exactly who and what you are.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
squaw said:
I AM a great fan. As for putting people down, I don't have to--some make themselves look stupid. One of these times you make rude comments to me, I will tell everyone exactly who and what you are.

What? Go ahead tell away!! I'm Leighton Guarnere and I live in Port Neches.. What's your point? :-*

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
My family raised two kids that went through PNISD. I have always thought PN-G was known for their fan support. I was not aware there was a time limit that needed to be attached.

Whether we stayed the entire game and saluted the players after the game prayer or we stayed through halftime after watching my sister perform with the Indianettes - we were there ---Winning, losing, playoffs or State Championships - each and every game (even after their graduation when we had no reason other than to support the school we had come to love).

IMO - I think shifting attention to anyone other than yourself and questioning someones participation, support or time they have to support the team is something as tacky as asking someone,"How much money do you make" or "How much did you pay for your house".

Quite frankly..... It's none of your business.

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
All I know is those boys and girls out there love to look up in the stands and see all that PURPLE, It is your choice to leave early, but know this, they also see that, but I am sure they get over it by the next week and they see all that PURPLE again ! and as far as fans go I think everyone on here is a die hard PNG fan, why else would we get on here and voice our opinion? I thank all of you for going to the games a rooting on all the young men and women out there given it there all ! PNG fans really are the best ! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores