PNG 41, TC 27: FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDN76

MY DOG
Great updates......now everyone let Proud get some sleep. Stay clear of the floods up there Proud, thats not a house boat ya got there...........try to get in some :fish:

L8TR

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Our defense needs ALOT of work, way too many arm tackles. Our D-line is small and are getting knocked back into our linebackers. If the running backs make a juke or a cut, they fkae our D-backs out of there shoe minus Romero, that kid is a player and is all over the field. The coaches need to make the defense carry tackling dummies around all week until they fill like there arms are going to fall off.

Our offensive play calling was very suspect the first 3 qtrs.

hookem14

100+ Posts
Justafan said:
Our defense needs ALOT of work, way too many arm tackles. Our D-line is small and are getting knocked back into our linebackers. If the running backs make a juke or a cut, they fkae our D-backs out of there shoe minus Romero, that kid is a player and is all over the field. The coaches need to make the defense carry tackling dummies around all week until they fill like there arms are going to fall off.

WOW !!!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Justafan said:

OK well we were also missing our 2 bigger D linemen last night due to injuries. This D has potential with alot of heart. I wouldn't knock em right now. They had several int last night and some sacks. So I would say they have potential. With everyone healthy and back playing we will see a better D. The good thing is that alot of players got into the game last night who don't normally start and got the experience they probably needed. These boys are playing hard and getting better every week. Practice makes perfect if you remember. We have 2 weeks before district starts. Alot of time to heal and work on what needs to be worked on.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDN76 said:
Great updates......now everyone let Proud get some sleep. Stay clear of the floods up there Proud, thats not a house boat ya got there...........try to get in some :fish:

L8TR

Thanks 76'. No houseboat. BUT, I DID bring my fishing rod...hey, ya never know! :)

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Not trying to sound negative. We looked very out of sync the first 3 quarters. We have potential to be very good, but we need to learn to tackle better. We play way to soft at times on defense and we have no intimidater on D. I saw a couple lastnight play scared at times. Go to the kfdm site and watch Vidor, those kids will hit you. I went and watched then last Saturday night.

indian17

I hear their is a open spot for new fan in Vidor, maybe you should take it Justafan. :p

I agree defense needs to work on wrapping up but the great thing is we are in postion everytime to make the play, we just aren't making them right now. All you can ask for that the coaches coach well enough to get the kids in postion to succeed but the kids have to execute the tackle (wrapping up).

Our defense WILL absolutely hit you, I saw numerous times where our linebackers put a good hit on the running back but did not hang on or even try to wrap up. I honestly believe that out defense this year is better than last year and we are 2-1. Two weeks to prepare for Livingston. Defensive line starters that missed TC game will be back and that will improve the D.

I was really impressed with the play of our secondary minus the one long pass TD. Kaleb Clark had an excellent game and is very quick. As usual Romero played superman as he does every week. There are alot of positives we have going for our team right now.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Great game by the Indians beating a good Texas City team. We didn't play perfect, made some mistakes, but got the Victory in the end and that's what counts. Our kids are not afraid to hit anybody--I think they are hitting harder than I have seen in the last few years.
The coaches made great defensive adjustments and the last 11/2 quarters were much better. We could have lost the momentum when TC stopped us deep in their territory early 4th qtr., but we didn't. They kept working hard and scored 3 T.D'S in the 4th quarter to seal the victory.
Sometimes people are critical of the coaches not making changes,corrections,trying different things, etc. They do all of those things and more. Remember, you are counting on boys 15 to 18 years old to do a good job and follow instructions (and our players do a great job of this), but we forget that they are not perfect and will make mistakes. They have lives outside of football that include issues that all teenagers face every day--struggle with grades,girl-friend breaks up with you,a parent lost their job, a loved one may be ill, and other teenage problems and pressures. It's easy to forget these things.
Let's continue to support and encourage them as only THE GREAT INDIAN NATION CAN!! Get a horse and join this purple war party because they are ready to attack each week!!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Most of you who are talking smack at me were on here after last weeks loss running there moths about bring Burnett back. I am Faircloths and his coaches biggest fan. I am just stating what i've seen the past 2 weeks. We are a work in progress. We have got to stop giving up the big plays.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Justafan said:
Most of you who are talking smack at me were on here after last weeks loss running there moths about bring Burnett back. I am Faircloths and his coaches biggest fan. I am just stating what i've seen the past 2 weeks. We are a work in progress. We have got to stop giving up the big plays.

I wasn't at the game, but every person that I've talked to about it said the same things as you Justafan...lack of tackling. But look back at the last 2,3,4, seasons. They're all the same at this point of the season. As usual, we'll get better and we'll be fine. Justafan is just giving his summation of the game. Doesn't make him a bad guy, or a Vidor Fan, just an observant spectator.

Indian99

500+ Posts
I agree with the comment of the defense not wrapping up, there were way too many arm tackles out there. Rarely did I see the defense put a hat on somebody, I was waiting for it all night. However, in the 4th quarter the team seemed to wake up and play with some emotion. They need to play the whole game like that! #8 is the best athlete on the team, hands down. #21 played a really good game too, he seems like another one to watch out there. Overall, I'm sure that the coaches will make the necessary adjustments; remember, they see what we see out there plus tons more. They know what they're doing.

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
I am a X-dog, and I catch all kinds of hell from my friends for letting my son play for PNG, I just tell them they do not understand the HONOR PRIDE and TRADITION that has grown inside my kids over the years (which I only pretend to understand). Last night there was a older man in front of me that would not shut up :eek:ld: (LOL) and I found myself wanting to punch the guy, everything that they did on the field was wrong in his eyes, So after my wife told me to be quite and not punch the guy, I started thinking what makes this guy so nuts about PNG football ? I mean I have a kid out there and I get worked up and run down the stands to yell good job! but this guy is nuts! at the end of the game on the last D play he did not like the way the line backers were lined up he wanted a blitz! after we put there O back on the sidelines, he turned to me and said "well that proves it I do not no what I am talking about" I really did LOL ! My point is, We all have a idea of the way D and O should play,but at the end of the day, We are all FANS! WE draw more fans than some COLLEGES (saw this for myself) I would not have my son play for anyone else! Even if he is talked down on by one of our fans! GO INDIANS ! ALL THE WAY TO STATE !

SCALP-EM # 8
LOVE MY NOO #4
SCALP-EM # 20

pngbax20

100+ Posts
One other thing i noticed we had a bunch of snaps hitting the ground or right at Miller's feet. With this type of offense timing is everything. This is an area that needs work as well as the arm tackling.Overall a Win is a Win.

PNGALWAYS

They commented about the low snaps constantly on the radio broadcast. Probably made a huge difference with regard to the overall effectiveness of the offense. The fact that they got it done anyway is a very positive sign, but it is still something that definitely needs fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores