PNG BOOSTER CLUB WEBSITE OPEN HERE!!!!!!!

lu cards

100+ Posts
Justafan said:
lu cards said:
why would you sell booster club merchandise to non-members?i could see if were generic png gear but its booster club specific.meetings will be every monday during football season hopefully the calendar will be updated to reflect the meeting dates.per the last meeting the bugs are still being worked out.i bet in a few weeks it will be all good.

So I guess the non booster club members shouldn't be allowed in the game on Friday Nights. I do not have any kids left in school thus why I haven't joined the booster club. If the booster club doesn' want the money of the true Indian Fans I guess someone else from the outside will be getting the money they could be making.

Guess I shouldn't be allowed to buy a program on Friday Nights either since I'm not a member.
let me rephrase.to my knowledge(im not a board memeber)the only gear they have says booster member on the items.so you cant imo sell this to the general public.what they could do is offer some non-member items to the public.the issue with this was not stepping on the toes of other groups selling shirts.online makes sense because no one else is doing this.i dont speak for the booster club i just paid my money and have an opinion.i think its important to have certain perks for memberships such as decals,shirts and hats.i wasnt saying non members shouldnt have any access to merchandise but if they want booster specific they need to join.

fan

I agree that Booster club "stuff" should be for booster club members. Maybe we could sell the same shirs/hats, etc.. w/out ABC logo. I'm sure the folks at Threads would love the buisness and all would be happy.

I am member and does anyone have a suggestion on how to be more open/informative as to what's going on with regard to meetings, events etc.. It seems as though there needs to be more communication between the Board and the members

lu cards

100+ Posts
Former NDNette said:
They didn't seem to have a problem selling t-shirts with Booster Club on them at the Spring game.
they didnt say "member" on them.i think its great they sold shirts and hope they sell them when the opportunity arises(as long no other group was doing it first).

tribesman

100+ Posts
The members of the booster club are working their tails off ! It is a NEW organization and we are going through normal growing pains. There will be some really cool merchandise for sale in the future, but you also don't want to step on any toes in other organizations. There are members arriving at 6:00 PM every Friday night to work, sweat, greet people and sell programs. Come by the table and ask some questions so that we can tell you what we are all about. There was no meeting this Monday due to Labor Day. It is my understanding that there will be a meeting, with Coach Faircloth present, every Monday night in the high school cafeteria. The booster club member apparel is just that...it is for booster club PAYING members. Other items should be available at a later date. Stay tuned for much bigger and better things to come ! :)

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
tribesman said:
The members of the booster club are working their tails off ! It is a NEW organization and we are going through normal growing pains. There will be some really cool merchandise for sale in the future, but you also don't want to step on any toes in other organizations. There are members arriving at 6:00 PM every Friday night to work, sweat, greet people and sell programs. Come by the table and ask some questions so that we can tell you what we are all about. There was no meeting this Monday due to Labor Day. It is my understanding that there will be a meeting, with Coach Faircloth present, every Monday night in the high school cafeteria. The booster club member apparel is just that...it is for booster club PAYING members. Other items should be available at a later date. Stay tuned for much bigger and better things to come ! :)

+ 1 for Tribesman ... let's all remember that the PN-G Booster Club is brand new. There will be some turbulence and bumps in the road as the Booster Club, PN-GISD, school administrators, and the various student organizations all work together to ensure that the funds raised can benefit as many students as possible. When the PN-G Booster Club website has missing information, send a polite e-mail and ask them for an update. Or, if you find information that needs to be dispersed to Indian Nation, then post it here at www.pngindians.com. The owner of this website will do whatever is necessary to promote the PN-G Booster Club, PN-G students, and all of those men and women working hard to help the kids of PN-G. This website and message board is a compliment to the Booster Club site. We are all working together to promote PN-G and the good kids attending PN-G. We are all pulling the wagon in the same direction. When the merchandise is for Booster Club members, that is a benefit to those who have paid. When the Booster Club has merchandise that it can open up to the general public, I'm sure it will do so. The Booster Club has plans for a bright future. The young men working on the committees are wanting to be inclusive and they want to grow the organization. No one wants to exclude anyone in the PN-G alumni base or the outstanding PN-G fan base.

Go Indians. Peace.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Good post tribesman! Thank you for that information and we appreciate the work that the booster club is doing. Looking forward to a long relationship between the booster club and all PN-G athletics.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
This will be a great thing for PNG fans, alumni and the athletic department, lets just give it some time. We need to remember that the leaders of the booster club are doing this voluntarily while maintaining jobs and raising families. So lets not be quick to criticize. Once it gets rolling this will be an awesome institution for our community.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
I did get a confirmation from Coach Faircloth. Booster Club meeting Monday Sept. 14th at the cafeteria from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. I'm sure any who want to join are welcome.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDNband69 said:
I did get a confirmation from Coach Faircloth. Booster Club meeting Monday Sept. 14th at the cafeteria from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. I'm sure any who want to join are welcome.

That's not altogether correct. At the last meeting, it was stated my the board that from now on, the meetings are open to members only. Which makes sense, because it is, in fact, a "Booster Club Meeting".

They also said that they are considering a lower cost membership, which can be helpful in the O'Bama times.
4.gif

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
NDNband69 said:

That's not altogether correct. At the last meeting, it was stated my the board that from now on, the meetings are open to members only. Which makes sense, because it is, in fact, a "Booster Club Meeting".

They also said that they are considering a lower cost membership, which can be helpful in the O'Bama times.
4.gif

I think a lower cost membership would help a lot! Fifty dollars may not be hard for everyone but it is for some right now. Maybe to start, they could offer a discount for couples/families. For instance, if my husband and I both want to join, the fee could be $80 instead of $100, but if only one wants to join then it remains $50. I think it would encourage more people to join, just a thought!

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Does this mean if someone wanted to join before the meeting Monday....they can not do it......if that is true.....IT IS VERY WRONG.

lu cards

100+ Posts
the current dues include entire family.if your wife or husband join it includes the other.they were people signing up at the last meeting so im sure you can sign up at the next meeting.you can sign up friday night also.i saw members passing out forms last week.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
lu cards said:
the current dues include entire family.if your wife or husband join it includes the other.they were people signing up at the last meeting so im sure you can sign up at the next meeting.you can sign up friday night also.i saw members passing out forms last week.

Oh..I didn't realize that!! Well, then I think the price is very reasonable, but lowering it maybe for a couple weeks to try and drive up membership wouldn't be a bad idea.

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
I've been a supporter of PNG my entire life. I think the booster club is a great idea, but the one thing that has kept me from joining is the cost. I am single, and only have one income and money is tight as I'm sure it is for everyone else. I have to pick and choose where any extra money (which isn't alot) is going.

fan

At Bridge City it is a flat $10 and it includes a window sticker--- period. That way it encourages more people to join which means more people to help with fundraisers. Additionally, it DISCOURAGES people who think they should have an elite status because of their dollar contribution. I mean, at what point do you stop--will you be able to buy a seat in the Press Box with a $5,000 donation to watch the game? Hopefully, that is not the case now. My opinion is a flat $10 fee and if you want to contribute more make a financial donation with no strings attached.

If you want to really open it up to the mass, and not a select few, the money factor has to go away.

Proud Band Mom

100+ Posts
Tribesman,

Thank you so much for your post! All of the other organizations out here, Band Parents, Choir Parents, Project Graduation parents, PTA / PTSA parents, etc appreciate the sensitivity of the ABC with regards to what the other organizations are trying to sell. Project Graduation sells t-shirts every year so we raise enough money for Project Graduation to keep our seniors safe. PTA's sell their items and the playoff t-shirts so we have funds to help our teachers and our schools. BAC is doing the Paint the Towns Purple campaign for the concrete logos to support all Indian students K-12. Choir does a project as well. These groups have worked together for a long time to make sure that we don't sell items that the other carries, so we don't take away much needed funds from each organization.

Since we have so many established organizations who depend on "their" fundraising items, its really hard to coordinate items so we don't hurt the many groups of students who need our support. We really appreciate your words and actions! We look forward to supporting the ABC as well! Welcome to our network ;D

tribesman

100+ Posts
Proud Band Mom said:
Tribesman,

Thank you so much for your post! All of the other organizations out here, Band Parents, Choir Parents, Project Graduation parents, PTA / PTSA parents, etc appreciate the sensitivity of the ABC with regards to what the other organizations are trying to sell. Project Graduation sells t-shirts every year so we raise enough money for Project Graduation to keep our seniors safe. PTA's sell their items and the playoff t-shirts so we have funds to help our teachers and our schools. BAC is doing the Paint the Towns Purple campaign for the concrete logos to support all Indian students K-12. Choir does a project as well. These groups have worked together for a long time to make sure that we don't sell items that the other carries, so we don't take away much needed funds from each organization.

Since we have so many established organizations who depend on "their" fundraising items, its really hard to coordinate items so we don't hurt the many groups of students who need our support. We really appreciate your words and actions! We look forward to supporting the ABC as well! Welcome to our network ;D

I am not the "spokesperson" for the Booster Club, but I thank you for your words. We are in this for the student athletes and I can assure you that all organizations are considered when decisions are made. I feel that the fees associated with initial membership were neccessary to get this program " kick-started". Hopefully once the fundraisers begin, we may be able to consider lowering memberships at a later date and giving "founding members" some sort of perk. We must all work together to maximize our potential.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Not to change the subject, but no one seems to be selling jerseys fr a fundraiser. I'd love to see the booster club have jerseys for sale at the games and online (for our out if town fans) to ALL fans. Helmet replicas (desk size) would be a great idea also. They could sell rejcas of past helmets too.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores