PNG BOOSTER CLUB WEBSITE OPEN HERE!!!!!!!

NDN79

500+ Posts
Excellent idea 93! I too would like to see some other items that all fans would have a chance to purchase. I think all of the organizations related to all of our schools do a great job of getting PN-G items out to the public.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Most established booster clubs, including the schools that Coach Faircloth worked at prior to PNG, do offer spirit merchandise online to the general public.
I would think there's a substantial opportunity there to raise funds. And a booster club with a less exclusive approach seems more inviting.

Not saying that for the sake of being critical. It's just smart to consider business models that work elsewhere.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
This was on the PNGABC site calendar late tonight about Monday's Booster Club Meeting.

What Booster Club Meeting
When Mon 14 Sep - 6:30 pm
Where PNG High School in the VMI building located directly behind the pressbox area.

fan

On page 46 of the UIL 2009-2010 Football Rules Manuel it states 1)"all meetings should be public" and 2)"minutes should be taken at each meeting and kept on file at the school

There are lots of other guidlines such as obtaining a Non-Profit status from the IRS in order to have Fund-raisers etc..

All anyone has to do is search Texas UIL then go to Football Rule Manuel (77 pages) and it is all spelled out. Booster Club rules are on pages 46-48.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
The answer to that would probably be that "should" does not mean "must." It appears as though the UIL is suggesting that meetings be public, but is not mandating it.

fan

You are right should = don't have to and will = mandatory.

The Superintendent and School Board are responsible for all UIL activities.

So, if the School Board Members want to keep the ABC meeting closed to the public they can and if they don't want the minutes of the meeting posted they can do that too. I believe the only nonnegotiable items are the Non Profit status with the IRS and any student on the field must be passing--including the youngsters with jerseys that help with the water etc...

In short, the District can do what they want as per the Boards approval. So, if you don't like what is going on, or you do like whats going, on talk to your Board member. They are usually present at the half around the concessions area.

I personally think they--Booster Club, AD and Board are doing a great job. I challenge anyone to find another District that has a Friday night experience for students, fans, parents that is bigger or better than PNG!

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
fan said:
You are right should = don't have to and will = mandatory.

The Superintendent and School Board are responsible for all UIL activities.

So, if the School Board Members want to keep the ABC meeting closed to the public they can and if they don't want the minutes of the meeting posted they can do that too. I believe the only nonnegotiable items are the Non Profit status with the IRS and any student on the field must be passing--including the youngsters with jerseys that help with the water etc...

In short, the District can do what they want as per the Boards approval. So, if you don't like what is going on, or you do like whats going, on talk to your Board member. They are usually present at the half around the concessions area.

I personally think they--Booster Club, AD and Board are doing a great job. I challenge anyone to find another District that has a Friday night experience for students, fans, parents that is bigger or better than PNG!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I just joined the booster club via the web site. Anyone know if I can attend the meeting tomorrow, or will they not have the membership information in time?

Cozmo

pngfan93 said:
I just joined the booster club via the web site. Anyone know if I can attend the meeting tomorrow, or will they not have the membership information in time?

I would say yes you could go.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Hope to see you at the meeting '93. Don't forget.....it's not at the cafeteria.

Booster Club Meeting
Mon, Sep. 14 - 6:30 pm
PNG High School in the VMI building located directly behind the pressbox area.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Just a thought on this subject...do you think having the meetings open to members only is to try and prevent people from other schools coming to the meetings to get ideas for their clubs? I just heard something about another school having to close their meetings to the public because of this...just curious.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
pngfan93 said:

Yes 93. You can go. See you there.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
wynnewood estate knucklehead said:
Just going to offer my 2 cents on the membership levels. Perhaps after the PNG Booster Club gets settled they could offer a Supporting Membership at the 20 dollar level for those that don't want to go to meetings and only want a PNG sticker for their car or truck and a Junior Membership at the 10 dollar level for those still in school.

They are already proposing a $25 level. Maybe that will help.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDNband69 said:
Hope to see you at the meeting '93. Don't forget.....it's not at the cafeteria.

Booster Club Meeting
Mon, Sep. 14 - 6:30 pm
PNG High School in the VMI building located directly behind the pressbox area.

The meeting place has been moved BACK TO THE CAFETERIA. Same time 6:30

NDN79

500+ Posts
Could someone give us a report on tonight's booster meeting -- unfortunately some of us can't make it or have to work tonight. Thanks!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
First, Coach Faircloth showed a few highlights from both the Crosby and TC games. Praised his asst. coaches and players, as he should. Then Pres. Brad Bailey gave reports on membership (115 or so) money, selling programs, the upcoming golf tourney, volleyball, cross country and Groves Pecan Festival. A few ideas were thrown around from the members and then adjourned.

Oh yeah, then me an png93 went up and told him what he was doing wrong. haha now that would be funny right thar!

However, I did ask him about the misting fans, and he replied that he really has no answer as to why they haven't been being used. He wasn't even sure if there was electrical power on the sidelines after the renovations. He did say that he would check into it, and I believe he will. He liked the idea behind dropping the temp 30 degrees for the players.

THERE YA GO!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG Proud said:
First, Coach Faircloth showed a few highlights from both the Crosby and TC games. Praised his asst. coaches and players, as he should. Then Pres. Brad Bailey gave reports on membership (115 or so) money, selling programs, the upcoming golf tourney, volleyball, cross country and Groves Pecan Festival. A few ideas were thrown around from the members and then adjourned.

Oh yeah, then me an png93 went up and told him what he was doing wrong. haha now that would be funny right thar!

However, I did ask him about the misting fans, and he replied that he really has no answer as to why they haven't been being used. He wasn't even sure if there was electrical power on the sidelines after the renovations. He did say that he would check into it, and I believe he will. He liked the idea behind dropping the temp 30 degrees for the players.

THERE YA GO!

Only 1 fan was purchased but it was a good one.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores