PNG @ Bridge City Feb 22, 2011

bark

1,000+ Posts
pngmom4 said:
Maybe they should utilize the Pony field. Doesn't the school district own that land? That may help with lack of fields
City of Port Neches owns it. I bet, with proper Liability insurance, the City would allow PNG to use it during the day, I don't know about after 4p.m.

Baller

100+ Posts
I was told that the past teams have split time on the field and that depending on the particular days workout schedule a designated team had fielding practice. I am not so sure that if you use a field that is not leveled and baseball ready if you don't do as much harm as good. I think once the district season gets underway we will see a difference in the practice schedule.

png tribe

100+ Posts
The league uses that field. It would be hard for both of us to use it. Games start at 5 and people have to get field ready before then. The league is practicing on it now.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Baller said:
I was told that the past teams have split time on the field and that depending on the particular days workout schedule a designated team had fielding practice. I am not so sure that if you use a field that is not leveled and baseball ready if you don't do as much harm as good. I think once the district season gets underway we will see a difference in the practice schedule.
I did not think about the field not being regulation. You are probably correct it might do more harm than good. The fields are not propitiatory to the Little League. You can ask the Council for use. The Little League dads might not like it but the fact is, they do not own/control the fields th City does.

bark

1,000+ Posts
tj2png said:
Thanks for the positive replys on the post but I will refrain from posting again on this board. PNG Tribe you know who you are and I know who I am and we can leave it at that.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores