PNG Open Week - Huntsville at Montgomery LC Thursday Oct 1 and Kingwood park at Montgomery Friday Oct 2

19PNGndn68

500+ Posts
Potential Bi-District Foes from 5AD2 Region 3 District 9. plan to go to these games this week only 45 minutes away. Hope karma gets Huntsville after their 80-0 “win” over Htn Sring Woods.

Brenham had a 40-0 1st Q lead against 1-4 Bastrop. Game ended 40-3. Class Coaching and depth development by Brenham. IMG_3193.png
 
Does Montgomery still have the same QB from last year?
Does Montgomery still have the same QB from last year? He was impressive.
Jack Merryman QB graduated. Passed for 1858 yds 21 TDs and rushed for 759 yds 19 TDs last year. Return Keldrid Ben RB 1560 yds rushing 18TDs. Named first team all district RB over Tyson Henry last year. Return Luke Piro WR with 651 yds receiving 10 TDs.
 
Potential Bi-District Foes from 5AD2 Region 3 District 9. plan to go to these games this week only 45 minutes away. Hope karma gets Huntsville after their 80-0 “win” over Htn Sring Woods.

Brenham had a 40-0 1st Q lead against 1-4 Bastrop. Game ended 40-3. Class Coaching and depth development by Brenham. View attachment 1997
What is the backstory on the Huntsville “karma” comment?
 
Santa Fe’s #9 would be a threat on any team. If he turns the corner he’s tough to catch.
On those two plays he was lined up deep almost 15 yds from the line of scrimmage behind the QB. PNG right OLB and CB both first steps were inside and didn’t seal the edge on either play.
 
I might check out TC at SF
Not sure
that’s a rival game behind LaMarque for TC
SF beat FB Marshall last year in 2025 but was beaten badly by TC. Same in 2024 by TC over SF.

Hoping TC is looking ahead (trap game) and is upset by SF. SF QB is going to have to step up his passing game.
 
On those two plays he was lined up deep almost 15 yds from the line of scrimmage behind the QB. PNG right OLB and CB both first steps were inside and didn’t seal the edge on either play.
That’s a failure of fundamental football. In the olden days when the option was common, depending on the formation, the DE or OLB had pitchman or QB. Offensive strategies are different now, and the I Dian’s run a 3-4 inserted of the old split 6 defense. but the same concept applies. Someone on defense did not contain. Good news is that is correctable.
 
I thought 9 was lined up in the R Flanker position on the first long TD run with legit 4.5 speed or better
I could be wrong he seemed to come out of nowhere on that play
I don’t have a great view of the field we were partially blocked by our players on the sideline
 
I thought 9 was lined up in the R Flanker position on the first long TD run with legit 4.5 speed or better
I could be wrong he seemed to come out of nowhere on that play
I don’t have a great view of the field we were partially blocked by our players on the sideline
Yes I was wrong he was 7 yds directly behind the QB and just outran everyone (not correcting anyone I’m just rewatching it for the first time)
 

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (2-3)
vs.
Texas City Stingarees (4-1)


Friday, October 9, 7:00PM

The Reservation

HOME GAME TICKETS

NDN PRESS ON YOUTUBE

Regular Season Broadcasts

RADIO

INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Huge shout out to the entire Port Neches-Groves community for the support last night! You all created an amazing atmosphere for a high school football game and brought so much energy to our team! Our Band, G Crew, Indianettes, Frontline, and Cheerleaders were awesome!  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

DISTRICT SCORES

Back
Top