PNG vs. Crosby & Game Comments

Bob S.

Re: PNG vs. Crosby

Why is everyone calling Faircloth a great coach. He may be a great guy, good with the kids, moral, great character, and all the great personal characteristics you (as fans and taxpayers) desire. This is all great but doesn't really relate directly into coaching SUCCESS. By success I mean a winning and dominant program which I assume is what all fans desire!

The way I see it by reading all the posts here (my main source of info) Coach Faircloth is a great human being and the kids love and respect him. But a great coach wins games and championships. I don't think the coach has earned that title yet. He may. I hope he does. He comes from a championship program. He seems to have the pedigree.

As far as Coach Burnett ... that's water under the bridge. He was a great guy and went to the championship game on the shoulders of a great QB and RB with , where he was outcoached and up against a better program ... period. Pretty lackluster after that. Reminds me of Ken Watson' tenure in a lot of ways .

I am glad to see PN-G go outside their system for a new headcoach. I think it was wise. I hope the chemistry is right as we all want to see the Indians back on top. :helmet:

Scalp 'em!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts

We're calling Faircloth a great coach based on his success in reinventing Permian's offense (yes, they did need help), and based on his success with the program so far. I am basing my judgement on the Spring Game, the PAM scrimmage, and (yes) this Friday's game. This team is a far cry from where it was last year.

This team looked better in the Spring than it did at the end of last football season. And please don't disrespect last year's players by insinuating that we had no talent last year. We all know that argument was a farce.

shovelhead

100+ Posts

Bob S. said:
Why is everyone calling Faircloth a great coach. He may be a great guy, good with the kids, moral, great character, and all the great personal characteristics you (as fans and taxpayers) desire. This is all great but doesn't really relate directly into coaching SUCCESS. By success I mean a winning and dominant program which I assume is what all fans desire!

The way I see it by reading all the posts here (my main source of info) Coach Faircloth is a great human being and the kids love and respect him. But a great coach wins games and championships. I don't think the coach has earned that title yet. He may. I hope he does. He comes from a championship program. He seems to have the pedigree.

As far as Coach Burnett ... that's water under the bridge. He was a great guy and went to the championship game on the shoulders of a great QB and RB with , where he was outcoached and up against a better program ... period. Pretty lackluster after that. Reminds me of Ken Watson' tenure in a lot of ways .

I am glad to see PN-G go outside their system for a new headcoach. I think it was wise. I hope the chemistry is right as we all want to see the Indians back on top. :helmet:

Scalp 'em!
Bob, Thanks for the post. Yes, Matt Burnett is a great guy and ran a great program. The last few years have been lackluster and a change was in order. The school board hired a great coach and I'll tell you why. Coach Faricloth has come in here, set up shop and has made wholesale changes. He puts the kids first and is teaching them more than winning football. He is teaching discipline, respect and sportsmanship. This has been very evident from the spring game, scrimmages and first game. He has attended all kinds of school and community functions and has been a gentleman and a class act in every situation. Great coaching is more than getting more wins than losses. Stay tuned. I think you will see the same things I am seeing and will reach the same conclusions.

tcobb27

It looks like Crosby fell apart during the second quarter of the Ennis game by giving up 42 points. The second half Ennis played only backups. Crosby did have 264 of offense in which the quarterback was 14 of 32 for 151 yards. The problem was that Ennis had 496 yards of offense and their quarterback completed 85% of his passes. I still think that the Crosby quarterback is capable of having a big game but their defense has some problems. Crosby will without a doubt be better than Barbers Hill, and if you remember last year Crosby knocked Lumberton out of the playoffs with the same quarterback. Looks to be a high scoring game and hopefully fun to watch with an Indian Victory!

badndn

500+ Posts

tcndn91 said:
The problem was that Ennis had 496 yards of offense and their quarterback completed 85% of his passes. I still think that the Crosby quarterback is capable of having a big game but their defense has some problems. Crosby will without a doubt be better than Barbers Hill, and if you remember last year Crosby knocked Lumberton out of the playoffs with the same quarterback. Looks to be a high scoring game and hopefully fun to watch with an Indian Victory!
Crosby may be better than BH offensively because Merka is a better QB than Viverette, but I would bet that the BH defense is better than the Crosby defense. BH was quick off of the ball and quick to the ball all night. Not sure we will see that from Crosby?
As far as Crosby knocking Lumberton out of the playoffs last year, least we forget Lumberton had to go OT to beat a 3 win PNG team. Lumberton was not that good last year.

ndnmojo14

Yeah, I hear that all Crosby has is Merka the qb. They lost their best receiver to Dayton so I hear besides him on offense they don't have anything else. Not saying they are a bad team by no means, just no major standouts like him. This will be a good game and another good test for PNG, just like all our preseason games. I love how we play quality opponents in the preseason instead of scrub teams like everyone else that we can just run over. PNG will will this game definitely.

Proud Band Mom

100+ Posts

Okay! So do we have predictions on the final score?

Does anyone know what changes were made for practice yesterday?

SCALP 'EM!!!!!!!!!!!

N

NDNPARENT

for us to win this game is for our defense to contain the QB , he needs not to have lots of time to see the field and stop him from running. The last 2 games (central 09, BH) the QB had too much time and killed us taking off running. We need to assign a LB to stay with thw QB on every down.

i predit that we win due to home field advantanges by a FG of 40 ydrs in the 4th quarter.

i ask coach last night what was Browning range and he said he is consistenace from 40 to 42 yds out.

NDN79

500+ Posts

I agree with you PNG82--containing their Q.B. will be the key.Hopefully our secondary can turn in another great performance and grab a few int.'s

ndnmojo14

bigdaddyblue said:
Crosby will outscore PNG in high scoring game...PNG want be able to slow down the big QB...
i disagree.. png has the capability of outscoring anyone.. and our defense is beast.
i predict 35-21 png

bigdaddyblue

Heard Ennis had him running for his life in the backfield..Took several grounding penalties and just threw the ball away several times to keep from getting sacks...Crosby has no OL,,i don't think any returning starters up front..I don't think a LB is fast enough to put on him..At 6'4 210 and runs a 4.55.. The key is to stop him in the backfield like Ennis did before he breaks thru the line of scrimmage....

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts

I personally think that PNG is going to come out with a different style of D. I'm not saying they will chang the 3-4 front, but I do believe they won't stay in the base the entire time. Instead of running the same basic coverage scheme in the secondary, I predict that we give Merka a few different looks. Maybe some blitzes from the OLB's and CB's, as well as some press coverage along with some cover-2. I'm certain that every game in pre-district, we are going to add something new on D. Just thinking about the potential this team has gets me excited.

So, in consideration of all that I have read, I think that the score will be:
PN-G 35 and Crosby 24

badndn

500+ Posts

If you all will recall last year in Crosby our boys did not preeure him in the first half and he killed us with his arm and legs. But in the second half we sent the house at him and he did the same thing he did against Ennis. He made alot of second half mistakes and our NDNs were able to capitalize and come out with the best win of the season. Hopefully we do much of the same early this time and put it on him, because if he gets loose he is a very good football player.

PNG 31-Crosby 21

png9mon

Pressure & CONTAIN Crosby's QB.. If both are not done, we will be in trouble early!!!
PNG: 27 Crosby: 24

ndnmojo14

I think we will be in for a big surprise this friday.. a good one.. just a hunch that a I have :helmet:

squaw

1,000+ Posts

I agree with you, Justafan. Containing the qb will be crucial. I think we have a decent chance to win, but, if we don't, I will be happy as long as its a good learning experience. I just want us ready when the district games get here and I respect Coach Faircloth very much for choosing pre-district games that make us reach. BTW, agreeing with you is becoming scary! lol

OldEagle

500+ Posts

Coach Faircloth had nothing to do with scheduling these pre-district games. They were already on the schedule when he was hired.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores