PNG vs Dayton

75NDNDB

Justafan said:
Dave Campbells Projection of the game.

Port Neches-Groves vs. Dayton, 7 p.m. Saturday, Beaumont's Thomas Center
Dayton is getting fine play out of spark plug QB Andre Herrera (not to be confused with Leander QB Andres Barerra) and WR Gamal Fowler. PN-G is more of a crapshoot — you never know what you're going to get. I think we get the Indians' good side Saturday.
Travis' pick: PN-G 34, Dayton 31
Dave Campbell also picked Vidor to come in next to last in district this year. I think our offense and defense has improved tremendously since our last loss in district play. We just need to keep the pedal to the floor for 4 full quarters and not to get too conservative too early. Vidor has gotten where they are by believing in themselves, playing with heart and without fear. Cant be scared going into a fight or you will get hurt.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Dayton is not with out weapons there QB has passed for 2104 yards 16 TDs and 6picks. They have totals of 2131 passing and 1307 yards rushing on the season. They have loses to Angleton, Barbers Hill, and GCM. This is by no means the team that went to State a few years ago but still dangerous and similar to us have gotten themselves on somewhat of a roll. Go Indians!!!!!!!!! Now Im gonna be pulling for the rest of 20-4A tonight to go along with that awsome Vidor win last night 41-20 over Crosby!!!!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
pngdad8420 said:
ndnsrock44 said:
indianforever said:
i really feel we have the best defense we have had in years...i believe we will make the stops when needed and it is going to be a win for PNG with a bigger margin than people think...PNG 34 Dayton 21
Hate to disagree with you, but this year's defense isn't at the same level as our 2009 defense. They were the best defense we have had since 1999. I am not knocking this year's defense, they have definitely played well and have got better as the season has progressed. We have a solid group of them coming back next year, so hopefully we will build on this year's success.
I do not hate to disagree with you ! You can call it "dad-e ball" I really do not care! I see the heart that this D has this year ,This is the 2011 defense not the 1999, and they will do just fine! All the way to state! 44 I know you are a true fan ! Not calling you anything different !
I agree. I think they will do great Saturday night.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
I hesitated to post the last one. I in no way would want my comments to be taken as a negative to this year's defensive players. They have done a great job, improved week to week and have played their hearts out. I agree this is the 2011 defense and I look forward to them making their mark in the playoffs.
You know, I never thought you meant it in any negative way. (even though you never give me the courtesy of any doubt when I post). I believe everyone on here are good Indian fans. I love the Indians and have to believe others do, too.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores