PNG vs. Lumberton Game Updates: PN-G 39 Lumberton 6 - FINAL

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PNG played "Lights Out" defense tonight. Some SAVAGE hits on that poor qb.
We've got to work on more pass protection though. Doty had no time to throw.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
OldEagle said:
As ya'll probably know the Lumberton PA yells "And there is another Lumberton Raiders" and the crowd yells back "First Down". Well in the 3rd & 4th quarters since there wasn't too many Raiders fans left our side did the "First Down" yells.

That's because they didn't have enough opportunities to yell "ANYTHING"

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG Proud said:
PNG played "Lights Out" defense tonight. Some SAVAGE hits on that poor qb.
We've got to work on more pass protection though. Doty had no time to throw.

Even so Doty completed 76% of his passes.

Pngrick72

The PNG fans were into the game all 4 quarters, they packed the stands and were very LOUD! The INDIANS are for REAL. We ate at Catfish Cabin in Lumberton before the game and it was ALL PURPLE inside.The next few weeks are going to be exciting! We sure silenced their train horn. Everytime they blew their horn Our fans would Roar, showing them that we don't need any horns, we have vocal fans. We sure are PROUD of every player on this AMAZING TEAM!!!! What can you say about our DEFENSE!!!!! Unbelievable!!! 8-0

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Pics from the PNG vs Lumberton game.

Our huge, vocal crowd.
DSCF7923.jpg

The PNG run thru sign to start the game.
DSCF7931.jpg

Our mighty Indians!
DSCF7933.jpg

One of our fans and her sign.
DSCF7930.jpg

Our crowd was electric. More to come.

NDN79

500+ Posts
G R E A T J O B I N D I A N S ! ! ! Players and Coaches did a fantastic job! Also, great job by the band,indianettes, cheerleaders,indian spirit,g-crew,student body, fans, etc. What an awesome game to be at, with great participation from everyone!!

NDN79

500+ Posts
Addressing the question about the starting kicker--He suffered a probable knee injury. The substitute kicker hasn't kicked all season and thus had little notice to prepare. He will be fine, plus he will now get a full week of preparation and he will do a great job. I pray that D. Browning (kicker) will have a speedy and full recovery!!

bandkid

Staff member
Re: PNG vs. Lumberton Game Updates: PN-G 39 Lumberton 6 - 4Q

akifan94 said:
PNG NDN Fan said:
I heard that the starting kicker was taken out with and injury (?)

knee injury. by the brace on his knee I would think mcl or acl. the back-up kicker has plenty of leg, he just needs to straighten it out.

I saw Dylan coming out for the second half from the track. He was on crutches and had a big ice pack strapped to his knee (right, I think). Hopefully, he'll make a speedy recovery.

GO INDIANS!!!!!

NDNband69

500+ Posts
PNG vs Lumberton pics cont.

Our VOCAL crowd doing the Tomahawk Chop. Our crowd was into this game for 4 quarters.
DSCF7938.jpg

PNG run thru sign for the second half. Nice sign.
DSCF7941.jpg

Our PNG cheerleaders firing up the crowd to start the second half.
DSCF7943.jpg

A Central scout......can't bear to watch any more.
DSCF7937.jpg

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Game pics cont.

Did the Lumberton band play "The flight of the bumble bee" or was that just the noise of their fans leaving.
DSCF7947.jpg

All the PNG scoring caused the scoreboard to have a melt down......93-6.....this was a nightmare game for Lumberton.
DSCF7948.jpg

Back to reality......PNG wins 39-6.
DSCF7950.jpg

Teams meet at the 50 yard line.
DSCF7951.jpg

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
The crowd was great! I can't recall a time when so many fans chanted to Cherokee amongst other things. Im a little hoarse!

91ndn

i am happy for the win..they are looking great..i am not trying to start anything but i over heard some parents were upset that their kids didn't get to play..wonder why if that big of a lead and everyone didn' get in..

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
91ndn said:
i am happy for the win..they are looking great..i am not trying to start anything but i over heard some parents were upset that their kids didn't get to play..wonder why if that big of a lead and everyone didn' get in..

You can never please everyone...

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
91ndn said:

:nono:

I wondered how long it would take before this started......

As someone else pointed out, you can't please everyone.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I agree with everyone about this game--it was awesome and so much fun! However, I feel I need to point out how hospitable and nice the Lumberton fans and players were and how they demonstrated great sportsmanship. A little of the yelling jeers on our side was fine, but rubbing it in by chanting "39-6" was not cool. PNG is all about good sportsmanship and we don't need to rub anyone's face in it. We also ate at the Catfish Cabin and while there was some ribbing going on, it was all good, clean fun. Our fans and students are the best in the state (IMHO). I'm proud of our team and fans, but can feel Lumberton's pain, also. We've been there. Now, lets kick a_ _ the next two weeks. I want to go into the playoffs 10-0! Scalp'em, Indians!

OldEagle

500+ Posts
IMO It is not good sportsmanship to use your PA system to pull for your team. PNG doesn't and never has done that. I know colleges do but it just doesn't seem right for a high school to do that. I will however agree that the fans there generally were good sports even if their school system wasn't.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores