PNG vs. Lumberton

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Re: PNG vs. Lumberton Game Updates

Lumberton will power it down to FG range (chip shot) or score a TD. In high school OT (like it is in college) it is imperative that you score when you get the ball on the 25. Another good effort by the Indians. Came up just a little short. Hang in there Indians. Keep working hard.

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

akifan94 said:
Man, I hat to get down on the team but, we have 4 returning OL and cannot run block. We have a 2 year starter at kicker and can't make a FG when it counts. This bites.

A team lives and dies with the players in the trenches. The o-line has regressed from last season with the same starters.
May need to reassess the o-line coaching.

Indian99

500+ Posts

The turnovers have killed us this year for sure. Several missed opportunities this year.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member

IndianFan said:
akifan94 said:
Man, I hat to get down on the team but, we have 4 returning OL and cannot run block. We have a 2 year starter at kicker and can't make a FG when it counts. This bites.

A team lives and dies with the players in the trenches. The o-line has regressed from last season with the same starters.
May need to reassess the o-line coaching.

If only Tatum could get four seconds consistently...or at least some of the time.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts

Well, sounds like they fought hard.

I can not get my head around 4 concecutive losses (2 at home). wow..........

That has to hurt for the seniors. Well, keep your head up guys. Let's put it to the Beaumont schools!!!

Always be faithful.............

Indian99

500+ Posts

Those seniors need to know what it feels like to win a home football game in that stadium. Here's to finishing the year on a good note.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

IndianFan, you may have to delete my post but I have to get something off my chest.

The team did not lose this game, poor coaching lost this game. Our offense was on the field for only 3 plays during the 3rd quarter. We tried and and keep trying to run up the middle and everytime they stopped us. With under 2 mins left to go with the ball in Lumberton territory, what did we do?? we ran the ball. 3rd down and 8 what did we do?? We ran the ball and lost yards. The coaches did not coach to win this game. Im sorry and I hope they read this board, Burnett you need to go. Welch you need to go. I like the Defensive cord. I would like to see him coach without Burnett down his throat the whole game. It really shows Burnett is just an average coach when you run all your quality assistant coaches off, you get average assistants that become yes men and cannot make decisions. Everyone within 15 rows of me feel the same way. Most say if a change is not made they will not vote for the current board members in the next election.
I read everyone blamming the offensive line, but Tatum needs to leard how to feel the pressure and get rid of the ball.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

This board is a reflection of community thought. Posts won't be deleted. Just keep it fair and not too personal.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

I am sick at my stomach right now, It was heart breaking watching these boys give it there all and was not even given the chance to win this game.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts

Justafan said:
Most say if a change is not made they will not vote for the current board members in the next election.

The thing is that when the election comes around in March or April (whenever it is), most people will not be thinking about football. Our voter turnout for school board elections is horrible.

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS

for whatever the reason since district started this team hasnt scored in the 2nd half of ballgames. I think they scored a TD vs LCM and had a little 2nd half scoring vs Nederland but against Livingston, Vidor & now Lumberton its goose eggs after halftime. Take that for what its worth.

pngbax20

100+ Posts

ok the announcers didnt say anything but josh wright played defense tonight.He would come in on 3rd downs and play nose guard.thought it was alittle strange but he was getting into the backfield everyonce and a while.That was the first time ive scene that this year.man the last 3 teams have killed us with the run,if we would have stopped the run lumberton didnt stand a chance passing the ball.just bad karma for this years team too.

footballfan

We had a better team than this they have done well until their senior year. It is ridiculous that we have lost four games in a row but it was not our boys that lost but the coaching. It is time for the whole group to go but my son says the defensive coordinator is good and should stay, How stupid could they be is when we have 3 and 9 and they still choose to run the ball. HELLO! IF IT DIDN'T WORK THE FIRST TIME WHY DO IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Look how well we did when we passed on first down. We needed to pass more than we did. Watch Tatum he will do great but with different coaches.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts

footballfan said:
We had a better team than this they have done well until their senior year. It is ridiculous that we have lost four games in a row but it was not our boys that lost but the coaching. It is time for the whole group to go but my son says the defensive coordinator is good and should stay, How stupid could they be is when we have 3 and 9 and they still choose to run the ball. HELLO! IF IT DIDN'T WORK THE FIRST TIME WHY DO IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Look how well we did when we passed on first down. We needed to pass more than we did. Watch Tatum he will do great but with different coaches.

I want the boys to know that they fought a good fight, tonight. I too, am wondering why we kept running up the middle into that brick wall OVER and OVER AGAIN!!! That #49 was always right there!!!! Hope he is not hurt too bad.

One last thing...Very unsportsman like conduct on the Lumberton Coaches part - don't come over to our side of the field and taunt our boys by swinging your towel at them - no class.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts

IndianFan said:
akifan94 said:
Man, my karma was around 7 and now it is -1. I made someone mad! PN-G is punting 1:28 left.

I got dinged about -40 today. :) A -5 for every year I've worked to keep this site online. :eek:

Think we have some new folks on the board that are a little vindictive.

I will help you get back into the possitive if you help me...I can't imagine what I said to be a -10. Someone is playing with the Karma button....

setxsports

Hey all in favor of Mike Long coming back to PNG say I because I think the whole coaching staff except defense should be fired.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores