PNG vs. Lumberton

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
Re: PNG vs. Lumberton Game Updates

Someone answer me this, why in the h### are we putting Wright in on defense???? It's not that he can't handle the job because he can. Playoffs are out of the question for us but several of our players are being scouted included him. Why would you run the risk of a season ending injury on one of these guys by playing them both ways with all of the others warming the bench?

BTW MightyNDNS I'll pump up your karma.

setxsports

I know NDN fan 4ever why do that to a player of that stature I really think Matt Burnett really should get fired at the next board meeting if they do not fire him let all of us dedicated Indians fans put a picket sign to protest to get him fired in front of the city hall.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts

NDN fan 4ever said:
Someone answer me this, why in the h### are we putting Wright in on defense???? It's not that he can't handle the job because he can. Playoffs are out of the question for us but several of our players are being scouted included him. Why would you run the risk of a season ending injury on one of these guys by playing them both ways with all of the others warming the bench?

Thank you NDN Fan 4ever - it's lonely at the bottom... ;D

I'm still trying to figure out why we are running on 3rd and 8 - I haven't even grasp the Wright thing yet!!!! At this point, every kid on the team should get to play - let them have some fun for the last 2 games for Pete's sake!!!

setxsports

they can't make it to the playoffs why not let all the players go out there to get some experience out there so that when they go to college to play for teams they will have some experience but you can't expect players to get experience just sitting on the bench really man.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts

14PNG said:
they can't make it to the playoffs why not let all the players go out there to get some experience out there so that when they go to college to play for teams they will have some experience but you can't expect players to get experience just sitting on the bench really man.

Jinx - you owe me a coke!!! :)

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts

MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:

I'm still trying to figure out why we are running on 3rd and 8 - I haven't even grasp the Wright thing yet!!!! At this point, every kid on the team should get to play - let them have some fun for the last 2 games for Pete's sake!!!

You know why that won't happen???? What if one of those benched kids gets out there and really shines???? MB will have some 'splainin' to do to the fans but even more especially to the team (particularly the seniors) as to why that kid's been parked. And we know why some of those kids are "parked" don't we????

setxsports

I know man that would be hillarious if that happened and I like that and I hate that diet because it has flat taste.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts

NDN fan 4ever said:
MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:

You know why that won't happen???? What if one of those benched kids gets out there and really shines???? MB will have some 'splainin' to do to the fans but even more especially to the team (particularly the seniors) as to why that kid's been parked. And we know why some of those kids are "parked" don't we????

You remember that sign language sign you just taught me - (sign) 'um all and let the "splaining" begin.....

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts

BTW, I love the fact that the topic of "voting out" current school board members has come up again due to the current football situation. As I recall, we had this same conversation last season. I wish the prior PNG forum was still up so we could review those comments. Some were priceless!!!!

Guys, we had the chance to put 3 new members on the board last year but we didn't. A lot of things could be better district wide but we chose the same dead weight as before. There are things that are so much worse in our district than the current football situation........so whose fault is it really?????

pngbax20

100+ Posts

14PNG said:

Well more then likely if they were on the bench they're not going to play college football.Even 90% of the ones that do play dont play college football.Now all we can do is play the role of spoiler.

CardiacKids 92

100+ Posts

NDN fan 4ever said:
BTW, I love the fact that the topic of "voting out" current school board members has come up again due to the current football situation. As I recall, we had this same conversation last season. I wish the prior PNG forum was still up so we could review those comments. Some were priceless!!!!

Guys, we had the chance to put 3 new members on the board last year but we didn't. A lot of things could be better district wide but we chose the same dead weight as before. There are things that are so much worse in our district than the current football situation........so whose fault is it really?????

Hey I did my part I voted for change, what did everyone else do?

BTW, THIS LOSS IS ON THE COACHES AND I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE DEFENSE. THEY DID THEIR PART! OUTSTANDING DEFENSIVE EFFORT CONSIDERING THEY WERE ON THE FIELD ALL NIGHT! ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THE OFFENSIVE PLAYCALLING IS KISS A FAT HOG! SOME OF YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALLKING ABOUT...

allstarmom

100+ Posts

I know one kid that played the whole game against Vidor because a starter is injured. Against Vidor he got a QB sack, a couple of assists on tackles, AND recovers a fumble, but apparently that wasn't good enough because he was benched all night last night. BTW he is about 6'5" and weighs about 240 so his presence alone on the field is intimidating. He played both sides of the ball on JV so he possibly could have either blocked for Tatum or opened some holes for Wright, but stood on the sidelines all night itching to go in. Well, he is a junior, so maybe next year...

mdog

Just my opinion...I believe we have some of the best coaches in the area. The coaches on the staff, except for a few, live to coach football and care for our Indians. They know what it takes to win and would love to show our fans. Only thing holding them back is the big Chief at the reservation. The coaches are not placed in a position to provide their expertise. Only one man is responsible for this. There has been good coaches leave the reservation only to coach elseware and be productive only when allowed to be in a position to offer their knowledge in which they are experienced in and their bosses listen to them. It's time for a change, but I don't think it needs to be wholesale, only a select few, that won't admit they are over their head and would be satisfied to maybe step down from their assignment for a more qualified coach to take their place. Again this is only my oppinion but I have been around coaching in general and can see these aspects. It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to see this or maybe a responsible athletic director. That is another subject and I will go into those requirements at another time.

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:

You remember that sign language sign you just taught me - (sign) 'um all and let the "splaining" begin.....

There was a post by PNCOACH last week under the Vidor game about playing more kids and what would happen if they would perform well, and really no support.
As for a new school board, it is way past time for that, but the good old boy network continues to return the same deadheads to represent the voters. When are we as voters going to learn that we run this City and ISD and not the good old boys. It is time for young, energetic blood in both the city and ISD. Just like Paul Lamoine now the PC, when was the last time we had one that young, one of us. Until the good old boy network is put on the shelf, MB will be the coach as he is a member of that club.

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts

1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:
MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:

There was a post by PNCOACH last week under the Vidor game about playing more kids and what would happen if they would perform well, and really no support.
As for a new school board, it is way past time for that, but the good old boy network continues to return the same deadheads to represent the voters. When are we as voters going to learn that we run this City and ISD and not the good old boys. It is time for young, energetic blood in both the city and ISD. Just like Paul Lamoine now the PC, when was the last time we had one that young, one of us. Until the good old boy network is put on the shelf, MB will be the coach as he is a member of that club.

1IDPURPLEMONSTER just read your post and Holy C### do you live under a rock or just drink crazy koolaid? (this is a pathetic attempt at sarcasm ;)). We the people run nothing in this town, particularly the school board. I am curious, do you live here now or somewhere else?

Matter of fact, I would like to see how many of the recent posters do live in our district.

modmouse78

100+ Posts

what is the point of that post? What are u trying to say. i know a lot of people on this board and they all live here. Are you saying that we can't change anything?

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts

NDN fan 4ever said:
1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:
MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:

1IDPURPLEMONSTER just read your post and Holy C### do you live under a rock or just drink crazy koolaid? (this is a pathetic attempt at sarcasm ;)). We the people run nothing in this town, particularly the school board. I am curious, do you live here now or somewhere else?

Matter of fact, I would like to see how many of the recent posters do live in our district.

you cannot do or say anything against the board or coaches as long as your children attend school here, unless you want them to be labelled and not allowed to participate in athletics - no matter how good they are at their sport - plain and simple truth. If you speak out against the powers that be you are "not a team player" and are trying to cause trouble - so hold your tongue or let it out on here under the aninimty of a different name or wait until your child graduates and then "GO GET THEM".

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts

modmouse78 said:
what is the point of that post? What are u trying to say. i know a lot of people on this board and they all live here. Are you saying that we can't change anything?

Try it and see what happens....do you have kids in the district? You won't like what happens to them if you buck the system...been there done that...

PM me and I will tell exactly what happened on several occasions....

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores