PNG vs Port Arthur Memorial 10/13/17

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
Ok. I guess I had to get this one started. No trash talk from me this week, I think the best D wins in the end.

MHS 31
PNG 28

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
No score predictions from me. But i do like PN-G's chances in this one.

Offense: The Indians have a fast and determined arsenal of offensive weapons that will be tough to hold back. It begins, but does not end with Johnson. Memorial has the big play capabilities of Hines and Jones. Advantage: Indians.

Defense: The Titans are the defensive standard. The Indians are a bend don't break unit. Advantage: Titans.

Without going to cliches or over obvious statements, if PNG can counter the pressure on Johnson, avoid turnovers, and limit the big plays while on defense, I like their chances.

Ok, one cliche and obvious statement... football games are won and lost in the trenches. If the young PNG lines can hold their ground, Indians win. The comparison game with Lumberton is also an interesting indicator of team strengths.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Is PN-G healthy for this game? Anybody out? If the Indians are healthy and good to go, then I like our shot at a W. I hope we load up and sell-out to stop the run. If PAM beats us with their passing game, then tip your hat to them and say good game. Load up and do everything possible to contain #25. On offense, the Indians will do what they always do. Spread the field. If the run lanes are open, then run. If the Titans commit to stop the run, then throw the ball all over the field and see what happens. Here's to the young Indian OL having a strong game protecting the QB and opening some run lanes.

Go Indians. Peace.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PN-G is averaging 53 points/game (55, 42, 56, and 59). Have the Indians ever had a four game stretch where the offense has been that explosive? At the same time, the Indians are only giving up an average of 16 or 17/game. I know that means nothing against PAM, Vidor, or Nederland, but it has to give our kids some confidence going into the next five, much tougher, games.

Go Indians. Peace.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

If we cant get a passing game going it'll be a blowout, best bet for us is not to get in a track meet. Ball control offense and milk clock, minimize Png possessions, only way we can win. Causing turnovers would be a plus.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Both teams better hang onto the ball.

Last year the Indian o-line could not slow down the Titan d-line. Winning that battle, or at least playing them evenly, will be a key objective for PN-G.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
If we cant get a passing game going it'll be a blowout, best bet for us is not to get in a track meet. Ball control offense and milk clock, minimize Png possessions, only way we can win. Causing turnovers would be a plus.
Buddy you took my thought process and put it on the screen. Titans need to keep the ball away from Roschon and get a couple of turnovers.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

prepballfan said:
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
Buddy you took my thought process and put it on the screen. Titans need to keep the ball away from Roschon and get a couple of turnovers.
I was telling another Titan fan I believe we've been playing vanilla offensively to not show Png anything on film. Last yr the playbook seemed to open up Png week on thru 2nd round of the playoffs before Temple beat our m.a.s.h unit 3rd round.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PAM: Get the ball to #25 in open space. Give him the ball 25-30 times and play to your strengths. Run the ball over and over and over, play defense, and use your special teams to your advantage.

PN-G: Sell-out on defense to stop the run. Make PAM beat you by the throwing the ball. On offense, spread the field and take what the Titans give you. On offense, if the Indians can hold their own at the line of scrimmage, they should have a few shots to make plays downfield. It starts in the trenches.

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
prepballfan said:
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
I was telling another Titan fan I believe we've been playing vanilla offensively to not show Png anything on film. Last yr the playbook seemed to open up Png week on thru 2nd round of the playoffs before Temple beat our m.a.s.h unit 3rd round.

I could see that happening. The Indians probably have a few tricks up theirs sleeves too.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Its hard to be much more than vanilla when you are up by 40+ points at the half every week. The second half is trying to be kind and run out the clock.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Last time I saw MT play it was in the playoffs while in 6A different players but IME (in my experience) programs tend to foster similar mindsets over years. I think if PNG goes up early - has some turnovers/mistakes early in the game by MT it's over. In the game I saw a few years ago (playoffs) they lost their nerve after some mishaps. This also tends to happen to teams that are used to dominating opponents unless they are well prepared for the mishaps. So in summary I think the only chance MT has is to lead it wire to wire. Or at least not get down by more than a TD.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PN-G wins the toss and deferred to the second half. PAM will receive the opening kick-off. Let's go Indians. Play defense and set the tone.

Go Indians. Peace.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PAM takes the opening kick-off, uses five plays, and scores a TD through air.

PN-G 0
PAM 7

10:55 - 1Q

Indians set to receive.

PAM moved down the field with ease. Wow...that was fast.

Go Indians. Peace.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores