PNG vs VIDOR

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Re: PNG vs VIDOR predictions

Historically, Vidor has always played PN-G tough ... even during PN-G's strong years and Vidor's down years, the Pirates have always played the Indians tough. Seems like Vidor has a big and physical team in 2009. I'm not sure the Indians have seen an offense like Vidor's Wing-T or slot-T offensive sets. Vidor will pound, pound, pound, and then set up a misdirection play. But, who can go against our Indians? If the Indians play fast, play hard, play with emotion, and take care of the things they control, i.e., no turnovers, grab a few takeaways, and minimize penalties and mistakes, then we will have a chance to win the game. What more can you ask for? Throw that ball around Indians and have some fun getting to the Pirate ball carrier and then knock him down and wrap up.

Go Indians. Peace.

pngfan66

500+ Posts

1989NDN said:
Historically, Vidor has always played PN-G tough ... even during PN-G's strong years and Vidor's down years, the Pirates have always played the Indians tough. Seems like Vidor has a big and physical team in 2009. I'm not sure the Indians have seen an offense like Vidor's Wing-T or slot-T offensive sets. Vidor will pound, pound, pound, and then set up a misdirection play. But, who can go against our Indians? If the Indians play fast, play hard, play with emotion, and take care of the things they control, i.e., no turnovers, grab a few takeaways, and minimize penalties and mistakes, then we will have a chance to win the game. What more can you ask for? Throw that ball around Indians and have some fun getting to the Pirate ball carrier and then knock him down and wrap up.

Go Indians. Peace.
Livingston runs the slot t/wing t !!!!

badndn

500+ Posts

One thing that has erked me this season is the number of unsportsmanlike penalties the NDNs have received. I know some of it is about a setting a tone of intensity, but it can be a drive killer or starter if it is on defense. With Vidors line they will be trying to pancake our DLine all night, sometimes into and beyond the whistle, and I hope our guys stay level headed.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts

No score prediction from this Dog, but if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the Indians. ;D

I think this game is going to be decided in the trenches.

squaw

1,000+ Posts

AND I can't help but believe some of those unsportsmanlike conduct calls we got were the result of the referees! I think we can beat Vidor if we play ball all 4 quarters and don't get the refs we've had last week.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts

badndn said:
One thing that has erked me this season is the number of unsportsmanlike penalties the NDNs have received. I know some of it is about a setting a tone of intensity, but it can be a drive killer or starter if it is on defense. With Vidors line they will be trying to pancake our DLine all night, sometimes into and beyond the whistle, and I hope our guys stay level headed.

My husband and I were talking about all the unsportsmanlike penalties that have been called. He guessed the refs were not going with a zero tolerance this year.

warpaint101

My boss is from Vidor and he scheduled me to work Fri....someone save me a place to park and a seat..........

ndnswin

Does Vidor still have a message board? I would like to see some videos from their games this year.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member

Not that I know of. Years ago there was a Vidorpirates.com website which was very well done from the standpoint of layout,graphic design and content. Sadly, he had little participation on it from the Vidor fans and he called it quits.

ndn2006

I don't know if any of you have checked the band and indianettes thread but the band is up for band of the week again this week against vidor. Go to the site and vote.

http://www.kbmt12.com/features/contests/64016547.html

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

PNG NDN Fan said:
Not that I know of. Years ago there was a Vidorpirates.com website which was very well done from the standpoint of layout,graphic design and content. Sadly, he had little participation on it from the Vidor fans and he called it quits.

Vidorpirates.com was a great, great site. 'Use it or lose' it is the moral of that story. Vidor fans made the choice to spend their time on regional sites.

Pngrick72

I believe Coach Faircloth will have a playbook just for Vidor, so all the scouting that vidor has on PNG won't be the same team they have been seeing. We need to play all 4 quarters
in this hard fought battle and limit our mistakes and we will prevail. The fans need to be vocal on every play and make this home field advantage pump up our Team to new heights!I can't wait til friday, great football weather and hopefully another soldout game. Get there early and show our Indians how proud we are of them!!!!

NDN79

500+ Posts

I know that Indian Nation will turn out in full force for the game against Vidor. All of the fans realize that this is a special team with a lot yet to accomplish. Plus, it will be homecoming and that will bring out even more fans.This coaching staff will have them ready to play, just like the past 6 weeks.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts

NDN79 said:
I know that Indian Nation will turn out in full force for the game against Vidor. All of the fans realize that this is a special team with a lot yet to accomplish. Plus, it will be homecoming and that will bring out even more fans.This coaching staff will have them ready to play, just like the past 6 weeks.
.......PLUS 6 GRADUATING CLASSES, ARE HAVING THEIR CLASS REUNIONS THIS WEEKEND. :clap: O0

yankeedawg

500+ Posts

I think Vidor is going to be your toughest opponent to date this year, but this Dog has faith in the Indians.

Good luck and prayers for an injury free game and another PNG triumph!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores