PNG's Next Coach.....

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I'll put it this way: I'm not expecting a drastic turnaround right off the bat. Malone's offense wasn't as drastic a change as Faircloth's will be. Looking at Permian's offense, we will probably be going to the spread. The boys may not be ready for that. We may have some growing pains up front. All that being said, I'm not saying Faircloth can't do it all next year. I'd love it if he did.

Its great that we can all be excited about the prospect of ext year. Let's just not call for his head if he cannot meet some unrealistic expectations.

Anyone know if he runs a no huddle offense a la SLC?

badndn

500+ Posts
No he does not run the spread. He runs a multiple formation offense that does have the QB in the Shotgun 99% of the time, but it is not the spread and acording to one article it really ticks him off when peopel call it the spread.

The spread (ala Texas Tech) is a four or five WR formation with no motion. Spread offenses wait to see what the defense is doing then adjust routes (no motion) and they don't change the formations very often.

What Faircloth's offense does is sets up in a dozen or more formations and uses motion on every play to confuse the defense. What he does is makes the opposing DC work overtime all week prepairing and even then it's not enough time! Show 'em more than they can prepare for!

This is such a total contrast from what we have been doing...And I like it. I heard one local 4A coach say that the PNG week was the easiest week of prep for their defense every year. Not anymore!

Also someone mentioned the talent that Malone had when he first got here, forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't we have some of the best talent coming up that we have had in years. The biggest issue for Faircloth will be developing a QB that can throw and run and run his offense in such a quick timeframe. I would expect him to hold some serious QB workouts over the spring and there will definitely be at least one 7 on 7 team, probably multiple.

pngfan1

badndn said:
No he does not run the spread. He runs a multiple formation offense that does have the QB in the Shotgun 99% of the time, but it is not the spread and acording to one article it really ticks him off when peopel call it the spread.

The spread (ala Texas Tech) is a four or five WR formation with no motion. Spread offenses wait to see what the defense is doing then adjust routes (no motion) and they don't change the formations very often.

What Faircloth's offense does is sets up in a dozen or more formations and uses motion on every play to confuse the defense. What he does is makes the opposing DC work overtime all week prepairing and even then it's not enough time! Show 'em more than they can prepare for!

This is such a total contrast from what we have been doing...And I like it. I heard one local 4A coach say that the PNG week was the easiest week of prep for their defense every year. Not anymore!

Also someone mentioned the talent that Malone had when he first got here, forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't we have some of the best talent coming up that we have had in years. The biggest issue for Faircloth will be developing a QB that can throw and run and run his offense in such a quick timeframe. I would expect him to hold some serious QB workouts over the spring and there will definitely be at least one 7 on 7 team, probably multiple.
My post earlier was directed at the awesome talent Malone had coming in. Had nothing to do about now. Even though Faircloth's offense will be drastically different, I believe it will be a better fit for the type athletes we have coming if Faircloth can find the right QB.It sounds from what I read ,that is what has brought his success. That is being able to develop the right QB to make his offense work. I definitely think good times are ahead on the Reservation.

N

NDNPARENT

i wan a win for our first home game , since we have not won a game on our new field yet!

and got to have the win against the DOGS so he will know the IMPORTANCES of this game!

i predict we wll be 7-3 next year bases on who returning next year the only question i have is the QB postition

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Well, I for one will be glad to see the..up the middle, up the middle, pass, up the middle,...play calling GONE, HISTORY, ASTA-LAVISTA BABY...LOL!! I'm not expecting miracles, it takes time for the players to get to know a new coach, and he to get to know them and how each of them learns best, but I have no doubt that he has had this challenge before and will do a fine job in his first season with us! Heck, I'll be happy to at least win ONE game in our new stadium...and beat Nederland of course!! ;D

NONS81

NDNPARENT said:
i wan a win for our first home game , since we have not won a game on our new field yet!

and got to have the win against the DOGS so he will know the IMPORTANCES of this game!

i predict we wll be 7-3 next year bases on who returning next year the only question i have is the QB postition

These are the choices that I hear we have at QB

Benoit, Kerr and Doty(soph) - I know Kane and Christian have been utilized on defense as linebackers and we are bound to have some other players that could fill those positions in order to see where we stand with either one of these boys at QB. I know both of these kids and they are both quick thinkers (A students, also). I think they have the ability to read the defense and adjust. I don't know the Doty boy (I know his other siblings and his mom, but he is younger than my oldest and older than my middle one). What do y'all think?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I would think there are no front-runners at any position, including QB. I'm sure the new HC and the coaches he brings with him will come in and evaluate all of the players. The best thing about starting from scratch with a new HC is that ALL of the players from starters to 5th string scout team players all have an opportunity to impress the new coach and earn playing time. Exciting time for coaches, players, and fans.

Go Indians. Peace.

NONS81

1989NDN said:
I would think there are no front-runners at any position, including QB. I'm sure the new HC and the coaches he brings with him will come in and evaluate all of the players. The best thing about starting from scratch with a new HC is that ALL of the players from starters to 5th string scout team players all have an opportunity to impress the new coach and earn playing time. Exciting time for coaches, players, and fans.

Go Indians. Peace.

I guess you are probably right. It is kinda like a blank canvas at this point. And very exciting!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Justafan said:
I hope eveyone doesn't expect him to come in and go 10-0 his first yr. Its going to take some time.

I don't think anyone expects it, but guaranteed we will love it if we do.

badndn

500+ Posts
One of the things that will play into the QB position next year under Faircloth will be athleticism, not just the arm. His style will require the QB to be able to run and throw! It could be someone not mentioned here. He may also want to start with a young QB he can develop? One thing is for sure, the all important QB position will be developed through the middle schools on by BF!

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
badndn said:
One of the things that will play into the QB position next year under Faircloth will be athleticism, not just the arm. His style will require the QB to be able to run and throw! It could be someone not mentioned here. He may also want to start with a young QB he can develop? One thing is for sure, the all important QB position will be developed through the middle schools on by BF!

As it should have been all along.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
NDNPARENT said:
how long before the new HC be walking on campus?
This Tuesday he is spending the day touring the schools, facilities, community, etc. Then, that night the school board will vote on him. I feel sure that'll be a "no brainer".

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores