PNG's Next Coach.....

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I'll throw my support behind Brandon Faircloth now. The board needs to make a move before more names are withdrawn.

Indianman

A decision soon would be most beneficial not only to next season but also will help us pick a coach before another one withdraws.

Indianman

I've got a good applicant to be the head of the tribe. Someone that won't use PNG as a stepping stone and someone who really cares about making kids work hard and playing hard-nosed football. Someone who knows what HONOR PRIDE TRADITION, that used to be posted on our original press box, means. But, in my opinion the politics and bad mouthing of this town stuffed this prideful man to the side and got the best of this hard working, successful coach. If PNG fans really cared about the program they would have complained about the weak offensive coordinator we had, not let the successful head coach take the blame and kick him out; thinking we could find someone better to come into Port Neches and coach for less pay than they already make in another district? But no need to be sour, I'm just taking all this information in perspective. We so called PNG fans ended the career of a hard nosed PNG INDIAN. I just am still in awe that our town complained so much about a coach that brought us 2 rounds into the playoffs the year before he was gone. All this happened without anyone in this town realizing how difficult it is to bring someone in and let them fill the shoes of PNG's most winningest coach that got kicked out of his job by his own town. How does a new coach now feel about that pressure to perform?

badndn

500+ Posts
Indianman, weve been over this over and over again. Most PNG fans, including myself, where in favor of Matt as the HC with a new OC, but the fact is after several years with the same issues (offensive playcalling) he didn't make the change and it just progressively got worse. I think some just finally figured it was never going to happen and now was the time for change.

I guess the question that I have concerning MB is why have we not seen his name on any other lists across the state or in our area? Maybe he really wanted out of the HC job? Maybe he will be on the LU staff next year as some predicted???

modmouse78

100+ Posts
This is from the sext sports message board in a png-stump thread from a png poster. "Look for some contact from either side on the Stump situation today. I don't believe anyone at this point is begging! I believe that you should always look before you leap!! In this case even a few weeks longer of a look!"

He is friends with Stump, so we will see what happens.

Gumbeaux

They better jump on Faircloth....Westlake job is opening soon with the resignation of their HC on Thursday.....The guy does have some good roots.....

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Heck right now I'd settle for Goldie Hawn to get this thing done ;)
wildcats_l.jpg

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores