Poor Fan Participation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
The game tonight was very exciting, but the win was not ours to be. I have to say that the fan participation was very poor for such an exciting nip and tuck game. Not sure what the problem was. I bet the fans showed more excitement in their living rooms watching the Texans last Sunday or the Saints last Monday. The game was tied with a little over 2 minutes left on the clock and 95% of the fans were in their seats as quite as a mouse. The band struck a short version of Cherokee and there probably weren't 50 fans standing. Before Livingston's last touchdown with the score tied and with 1 minute 10 seconds the band played Cherokee again and there may have been 25 fans standing. The fans lost tonight and got just what they deserved.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
What game were YOU at??? I thought the fans were really into the game tonight! It was a fun game that we, unfortunately lost. The area where I sit was ESTATIC!
Too bad you sit by a bunch of dead heads.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
I sit up high and everything I said was true about the fans in their seats with 2 min on the clock and the game tied up.

It seems like you are always getting on here and trashing fan participation. Some people are slightly more reserved than you and you need to learn to respect that. Some people, like myself, get so immensed in the game that I can't yell. I'm concentrating too much on the field. Because of this, I guess by your words, I got what I deserved. Give me a break.

Oldschool

I will say that it is pretty disgusting to see people walking down the steps to leave the stadium when we are about to receive a kickoff. There were 13 seconds on the clock and people had already given up. That is not PNG, that is bull. I hear a lot of talk about our fan support to other schools and how we support the boys win or lose. how about everyone finish out a stinkin game and show your support for the boys until the end and even after. They stand on the side line with their helmets up win or lose and people walking out and not clapping for cherokee are disrespecting those boys. Have some pride and support throughout the game. If you don't want to be the loudest and most rowdy fan then thats fine but at least finish the freaking game. You should be leaving after the last cherokee has played and no sooner. There is nothing else going on Friday nights that staying the ten extra minutes will hurt.

Oldschool
:eek:ld:

OldEagle

500+ Posts
So true Oldschool. My grandson (member of team) said it was embarrassing to see all our "fans" leaving. Just wanted to let you "fans" that were leaving know how it made the players feel. Even though he was thoroughly involved in the game he did noticed the "fans" leaving.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Oldschool said:
I will say that it is pretty disgusting to see people walking down the steps to leave the stadium when we are about to receive a kickoff. There were 13 seconds on the clock and people had already given up. That is not PNG, that is bull. I hear a lot of talk about our fan support to other schools and how we support the boys win or lose. how about everyone finish out a stinkin game and show your support for the boys until the end and even after. They stand on the side line with their helmets up win or lose and people walking out and not clapping for cherokee are disrespecting those boys. Have some pride and support throughout the game. If you don't want to be the loudest and most rowdy fan then thats fine but at least finish the freaking game. You should be leaving after the last cherokee has played and no sooner. There is nothing else going on Friday nights that staying the ten extra minutes will hurt.

Oldschool
:eek:ld:
AMEN !

15PNG

500+ Posts
I know the fans around the 'woo hoo lady' were into the game......... They also had mics this time to hear the crowd and band which was awesome. Unfortunately, it made the WOO HOO louder than ever before. That, combined with the train horn..... :whiteflag: Here's my take on the game:

"Joe this is a big play. The 'eeeniens' need to gain some ground here. That's right Paul. Doty in the shotgun, here's the sna....WOOOO HOOOO, WOOOOO WOOOOO WOOOO......Joe, did you see that baw?!, Doty was able to ste....WOOO HOOO WOOOO..... effort by that young man." :huh:

"Alllllllright folks, 4th and 1, Indians going for it. One man to the top, split backfield...WOOOO HOOOOO WOOOOOO WOO WOO....reverse the field of play. Yeah, that play did not look organized from .....WOOOO HOOOOO WOO WOO WOO.....on second effort that time.
" :huh: What happened????

Bob S.

15PNG said:
I know the fans around the 'woo hoo lady' were into the game......... They also had mics this time to hear the crowd and band which was awesome. Unfortunately, it made the WOO HOO louder than ever before. That, combined with the train horn..... :whiteflag: Here's my take on the game:

"Joe this is a big play. The 'eeeniens' need to gain some ground here. That's right Paul. Doty in the shotgun, here's the sna....WOOOO HOOOO, WOOOOO WOOOOO WOOOO......Joe, did you see that baw?!, Doty was able to ste....WOOO HOOO WOOOO..... effort by that young man." :huh:

"Alllllllright folks, 4th and 1, Indians going for it. One man to the top, split backfield...WOOOO HOOOOO WOOOOOO WOO WOO....reverse the field of play. Yeah, that play did not look organized from .....WOOOO HOOOOO WOO WOO WOO.....on second effort that time.

I got nothing to add to that but ... YEP !

badndn

500+ Posts
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
I sit up high and everything I said was true about the fans in their seats with 2 min on the clock and the game tied up.
I gotta say he is correct. The further away you get from the band the more reserved the fan base is. Section F I saw maybe 10 fans standing for Cherokee. And anytime the players have to prompt us to get up and make some noise for the Defense on third or crucial fourth downs, we have failed them. I see alot a social butterflies at the Reservation on Friday nights!!!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
15PNG said:

That's pretty funny right there.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
I sat in Section F, and BADNDN is sooooo right. No support down that way, except for a few. I did not like my seat, I do like to cheer, and I don't even have a kid on the field.

Oldschool, I even commented to some others that I could not believe that people were leaving with the game like it was. It was still a winnable game.

I have a suggetion. For those of you who have tickets for next week, and don't want to stand and cheer the "whole" game, why don't you sell or give them to someone who wants to.

indianforever

100+ Posts
pngmom4 said:
I sat in Section F, and BADNDN is sooooo right. No support down that way, except for a few. I did not like my seat, I do like to cheer, and I don't even have a kid on the field.

Oldschool, I even commented to some others that I could not believe that people were leaving with the game like it was. It was still a winnable game.

I have a suggetion. For those of you who have tickets for next week, and don't want to stand and cheer the "whole" game, why don't you sell or give them to someone who wants to.

i promise if i can get a ticket i will cheer the boys on :woohoo:

wacape

100+ Posts
To the WooHoo lady(or ladies)....if you're reading this...DON'T STOP!!!! Y'all crack me up and it shows great spirit. :clap: As for those leaving early...stop and think that the older folks want to leave early to beat the traffic and those with young kids probably have had enough of the hyperactivty...BUTanyone else has no excuse for leaving before the end of the game. It just blows my mind why people spend money for tickets and food,endure the heat and humidity and climb those stairs and yet don't have the loyality to sit through an entire game. :nono:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Just wondering why this same conversation comes up EVERY YEAR! Let's face it folks....SOME PEOPLE ARE GOING TO LEAVE EARLY!!! I, personally can't see how anyone could leave that game early last night, but it was their loss. Had we come back to win, which was very possible, they would have just been mad at themselves. I hate to see them leave, but it's just a fact of life. Heck, who knows, they probably even leave church early!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Every high school team has the same problem.

Too bad the band can't be positioned where the entire home side can hear them. It makes a big difference.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
Fans leave even when its a blow out and know that PNG is going to win. Thats just the way it is. The fans can get as loud as they want but the players still have to execute.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Every high school team has the same problem.

Too bad the band can't be positioned where the entire home side can hear them. It makes a big difference.

I agree with that. Maybe the school can come up with some sort of pa system so that everyone can atleast here the band, even if they can't see the band

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I had taken my little boy to the restroom right before Livingstons last touchdown, when we came out fans were pooring out of the stands, he asked me "Is the game over?" I mean, it's pretty sad when a 6 yr old notices all the fans leaving in a mad rush and thinks the game is over! I was guilty of heading for the gate early during the Central game last year, MAN did I learn a lesson!! I know the older folks try to beat the crowd and those with small children, but this was a mass exodus of biblical proportions! To each his own I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores