Poor Fan Participation

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A lot, if not most schools would be glad to have the left overs of a good PNG crowd. :cheesy:

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
PNGfan said:
Kids should be worried about playing football instead of fans. Give me a break. If I choose to bring my kids home at a decent time and the game isn't over, tough$$##. Play the dang game and quit worrying about fan support. I see a lot of teams that have way less fan support do pretty dang good in games. Quit looking for excuses. My 2 cents.

This.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
I know many schools all over Texas that would love to have 1/3 of the fans PN-G has at their home games.

I think you will always have people that will leave early to miss the traffic or whatever.

It saddens me that with all the support PN-G has, some people are still not happy and choose to make this an issue year after year. Support is support... whether you are attending a game, standing up for Cherokee, driving across the state to see the NDN's or listening to the game at home on your computer 1000 miles away.

Hats off to all the kids that participate! We DO appreciate you!

NDN79

500+ Posts
AMEN!!Great post IBLEEDPURPLE!! We have legions of fans that support the Indians in many ways, and enjoy doing it!! ;D

pngbax20

100+ Posts
NDN NATION said:
I moved my seats down and over into section C and let me tell you the ladies behind us talked during the whole game about anything but football. It is very frustrating when you are the only person in about 20 rows standing during Cheerokee oh wait my wife and kid were standing also. Well that was until the ladies behind us said they were watching the game. I was polite and didn't say anything this time but I will say something nice the next home game if it happens again. I am there to cheer on those kids on the field, the cheerleaders on the track, the indianettes and band. I think it is a shame that the kids on the side lines have to turn around and BEG for fan participation.

Ok its the kids on the sidelines asking for us to cheer,the kids out on the field could careless. I don't see the kids on the field asking for us to make noise.Those kids know whats at steak on a 3rd down or on a important 4th down. I think some people are putting too much stock into what we do or don't do.

NDNThunder

I have always been one to stand every time Cherokee is played. But as has been stated, everyone supports the team in his or her own way & I have never belittled anyone for not standing. This season, so far, has been a little different for me since I had surgery a few weeks ago. I've still been able to attend all the games except SA but I'm not able to stand up for Cherokee EVERY time it's played. Each week is better though. This brings me to my point. I feel compelled to address the statement made by PNGROW4650YRDLN, "I'll be standing the whole game so don't be offended if I'm in front of you." I commend you for your commitment & enthusiasm at every game but I sat a couple of rows behind you at the Ned. game 2 years ago. You DID stand the whole game to the dismay of everyone around you. You refused to sit, stating that, "I paid for this seat." Not everyone is capable of standing for a whole game or even able to bounce up for every play. We all paid for our seats & the right to see the game. Everyone talks about the great fans of PNG, even you, but sometimes a great fan is a considerate fan. I'm not trying to provoke you in any way or start anything ..... just some food for thought. If you're not on the top row this year, maybe you can trade seats with someone there.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Players on the field are in a mental zone. The fans and cheering are supportive, but they don't focus on the stands or the band.

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
What do we expect as a community? Win by 50 points! Fans that participate like we want them to.Doesn't seem to effect Livingston with their fan base or facilities. Winning all starts in a players heart. Players inspire themselves.As a fan I want to be in the stands cheering them on watching the development of the human spirit.

Indian99

500+ Posts
I agree that the players don't actually focus on the fans or the band. The ones that are out there on the field are more than likely "in the zone" and can hear nothing but their own breath. Maybe after a play is made or a series is over, the players will acknowledge the presence of the crowd. I would say that when a defensive stand is in need, the crowd really does come into play and pumps up the players on the field.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
pngmom4 said:
NDN79 said:
I'm sorry, but I get tired of people coming on here and bad-mouthing the fan support!! We have great fan support!! If someone doesn't stand all night,or clap for cherokee every time, or holler after every cheer, or God forbid they leave 3 minutes early---This does not make them bad fans!! People enjoy a PN-G game in many different ways and that is what makes it great. Don't try to force your ideas onto others--enjoy the game for yourself and let others do the same. We all have fun in our own ways!! IMHO!

Well, why don't you just move yours non cheering, standing til the end of the game right on down to section F. There you will find plenty of friends. You are probably one of the ones who have had tickets in the better sections for years and refuse to give them up.
:woohoo: WOOOO WHOOOO !!!! :clap:

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
I realize that not all can stand. But I saw many fans Friday night that made it up 25 rows, 30 rows, even 40 rows and they did not stand for Cherokee. Sorry, I'm just calling it like I saw it and I don't view that as fan support.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Hey row46: Why do you and pngmom disrespect the people in section F. You act like "your" lil'old section is the only one that has true fans that know how to cheer.A true fan does not disrespect another fan in any way. I'll tell you like I told her--I have been supporting PN-G football for 36 years. When I got my season tickets, my wife and I camped out in line for 3 days and nights. Yes, we have good tickets, and we will never give them up. I just feel sorry for the people around you that they must be condemned by you because only you know how to cheer the Indians on :-\
:woohoo: :clap: :clap: :woohoo: :clap: :clap: :woohoo: :clap: :clap: :woohoo:

pngfan66

500+ Posts
:stop:All right folks I think its time to stop the bashing of each other and the fans in the stands. People have a choice as to how they want to support the team. We are all Indian fans and we buy our tickets to apprecitae the players and coaches, band, Indianettes, cheerleaders etc.... I think this thread should be locked and the topic dropped. All we are doing is spreading discontent for each other. This is not a competition of who can cheer louder or longer. If people choose to not stand for cherokee that is their choice. I stand for cherokee almost every time. Not everytime but almost everytime. All thats happening in this thread is bashing of our own kind. Now we need to be adults and grow up and stop the finger pointing and whinning. Sorry but just being serious. Look back on the post and look at them all like an adult. What good is this topic going to do ? nothing good at all ! thats what ! Why don't everyone put their focus on something more important. This is just at the ridiculous point now !

pngmom4

500+ Posts
PNGFan66, that is why I did not respond back. I did not want to go back and forth.I have my opinion and he has his. It just irritates me that these same peple want to brag that we have such a following, and a lot of these same people jsut sit and not cheer. I beleive that to be the best, we need to show it. Can ya'll imagine not cheering at a UT or A&M game?

pngfan66

500+ Posts
hookem14 said:
LET IT GO
AMEN ! and as bark said "We need to start concentrating on football not fan participation." The real reason we are there is not whats in the stands but whats on the field and all the students who are involved in their activites.

bark

1,000+ Posts
When we were anticipating this season, many of us expressed the view that it's not only great play,talent,coaching, etc... but LUCK and being at the right place at the right time. This year we don't seem to be getting the breaks. We need to hold true to the staff and players - it's their team not ours.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
k...I love sitting by the band...but most of the students sit by the band...so if you are not a season ticket holder and you end up with the students then prepare to stand the whole time and still not see the game.
And to those that leave early.....I always stay till its over...The Indians are always good on the last minute comebacks...but I do understand why people leave a little early....Its grid locked out there after the games and its already after 10:00pm.
And as for fan participation...Notice some not standing for Cherokee (even students). Why do you make me make an A#% of myself when I have to say real loud "Stand for Cherokee". lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores