Poor Fan Participation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layingemdown

The fans pretty much knew what was coming with a little over 2 minutes left, maybe that has something to do with it. We should have never been in that situation (due to one poor called series). The guy next to me said "I feel like we are still losing" after Bertrand scored and made it 42 to 42....I knew exactly what he meant. As for fans leaving early, that is a fact of life. You can try to brag and bost that Indian fans have never been like that all you want, but it's not true. It's like that with us and everyone else in the football nation.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Probably a lot of those fans realized that the first team to make a D stand in the second half was going to win that game. You could see that coming.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
Personally, I don't see how anyone could have left this game early. The score continuously went back and forth. The score was tied with a little over a minute on the clock. Last year against Central the game was won with less than a 20 seconds on the clock. Some of the folks were amazed when they got home, watched the late night sports and or read their Saturday morning papers. Those folks missed the most amazing comeback of the season.

I don't have a kid in school, but when the team, band, twirlers and Indianettes take the field, they are all mine as far as I'm concerned. One time last night almost all the players on the sideline raised their helmets and hands to get the fans in the game. It worked and most everybody got up and made noise. Win or lose, the players should never have to ask for fan support.

Sometimes the truth hurts and if the shoe fits, you gotta wear it. For those that think I am trashing the fans - think what you want. I just would like to see more fan participation. The players are giving it all they got - win or lose. I think the fans should be doing the same, whether you are sitting or standing. Last night that didn't happen.

P.S. If you are going to the Nederland game, I'll be standing the whole game so don't be offended if I am in front of you.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
Just wondering why this same conversation comes up EVERY YEAR! Let's face it folks....SOME PEOPLE ARE GOING TO LEAVE EARLY!!! I, personally can't see how anyone could leave that game early last night, but it was their loss. Had we come back to win, which was very possible, they would have just been mad at themselves. I hate to see them leave, but it's just a fact of life. Heck, who knows, they probably even leave church early!

I couldn't imagine leaving a nail biting, edge of the seat sitting game like that for anything.
Heck, I was excited just following it on here!!

I probably would have left church early before leaving last nite's game early...but then again
3.gif

attakapandn

100+ Posts
1. I trade my season tickets from F to C this year and i love my seats now! next the band and indianettes , really can get into high school football!

2. with 13 sec. i told my wife, we can still win , Doty can throw at will at them and just to think if he would have connected on that last throw we be rooting in an OT game! So the fans that left would have missed a great ending! oh well their lost !

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
Personally, I don't see how anyone could have left this game early. The score continuously went back and forth. The score was tied with a little over a minute on the clock. Last year against Central the game was won with less than a 20 seconds on the clock. Some of the folks were amazed when they got home, watched the late night sports and or read their Saturday morning papers. Those folks missed the most amazing comeback of the season.

I don't have a kid in school, but when the team, band, twirlers and Indianettes take the field, they are all mine as far as I'm concerned. One time last night almost all the players on the sideline raised their helmets and hands to get the fans in the game. It worked and most everybody got up and made noise. Win or lose, the players should never have to ask for fan support.

Sometimes the truth hurts and if the shoe fits, you gotta wear it. For those that think I am trashing the fans - think what you want. I just would like to see more fan participation. The players are giving it all they got - win or lose. I think the fans should be doing the same, whether you are sitting or standing. Last night that didn't happen.

P.S. If you are going to the Nederland game, I'll be standing the whole game so don't be offended if I am in front of you.
I agree. It is disrespectful to the players, band and the rest of the fans to not stay and pray with the boys following the game.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I'm sorry, but I get tired of people coming on here and bad-mouthing the fan support!! We have great fan support!! If someone doesn't stand all night,or clap for cherokee every time, or holler after every cheer, or God forbid they leave 3 minutes early---This does not make them bad fans!! People enjoy a PN-G game in many different ways and that is what makes it great. Don't try to force your ideas onto others--enjoy the game for yourself and let others do the same. We all have fun in our own ways!! IMHO!

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
NDN79 said:
I'm sorry, but I get tired of people coming on here and bad-mouthing the fan support!! We have great fan support!! If someone doesn't stand all night,or clap for cherokee every time, or holler after every cheer, or God forbid they leave 3 minutes early---This does not make them bad fans!! People enjoy a PN-G game in many different ways and that is what makes it great. Don't try to force your ideas onto others--enjoy the game for yourself and let others do the same. We all have fun in our own ways!! IMHO!

This

pngmom4

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:

Well, why don't you just move yours non cheering, standing til the end of the game right on down to section F. There you will find plenty of friends. You are probably one of the ones who have had tickets in the better sections for years and refuse to give them up.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
I moved my seats down and over into section C and let me tell you the ladies behind us talked during the whole game about anything but football. It is very frustrating when you are the only person in about 20 rows standing during Cheerokee oh wait my wife and kid were standing also. Well that was until the ladies behind us said they were watching the game. I was polite and didn't say anything this time but I will say something nice the next home game if it happens again. I am there to cheer on those kids on the field, the cheerleaders on the track, the indianettes and band. I think it is a shame that the kids on the side lines have to turn around and BEG for fan participation.

NDN79

500+ Posts
To PNGMOM: You don'y know anything about me lady.Read my post more carefully! I NEVER said that I didn't stand up, cheer, clap, or otherwise support the team at EVERY available oppurtunity, I said that you SHOULDN'T criticize others for not doing it. Everyone of us has our own perception of what it takes to cheer for the team. For your information ,I have gladly been following and cheering for the Indians for 36 years. I do have godd seats, and me and my wife stood in line for 3 days and nights to get them--and I would proudly do it again!!

hookem14

100+ Posts
A lot of you need to ask yourself this question, did you actually see people leaving the game early or just walking out of the stands early. I walked down a few minutes before the clock expired with my family and watched along the fence line until the very last click of the clock just like HUNDREDS of other fans did. Just because people are leaving their seats, doesn’t mean they are leaving the game early.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
For the most part a PNG has turned into a social event. Most just want to be seen. Now we even have a JP candidate handing out paper fans out with his re-election on it. Told someone I was there for a football game not a election campaign. This is a high school football game and I could careless to hear about all the personal issues I have to listen to from some of the women who sit beside me. Sometimes I feel like I am listening to a episode of Oprah. Drama Drama Drama.......

OldEagle

500+ Posts
hookem14 said:
A lot of you need to ask yourself this question, did you actually see people leaving the game early or just walking out of the stands early. I walked down a few minutes before the clock expired with my family and watched along the fence line until the very last click of the clock just like HUNDREDS of other fans did. Just because people are leaving their seats, doesn’t mean they are leaving the game early.
The perception to the players and the other side when you "walk out of the stands " is that you are leaving. Besides I feel that you should remain in the stands until the band finishes Cherokee and the boys are finished with their final huddle. Also you are blocking the view of the fans remaining in the stands.
Remember perception is everything.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Move on over to section D ! come up about half way, from there on up you have the fans that stand up and yell and cheer ! Seems like the most of loudest fans are in this area. I sit in the upper 1/3 rd in the 30 ish rows.

NDN4Life

Scalp Em Indians
All I know is that if the cheerleaders have to hold up a sign to stand up for Cherokee....there's your clue. I wish they would get rid of those signs because if your going to stand your doing it already.I posted on this site a few years ago that some old man told me to sit down during a game....I told him that is was not church....the stand for Cherokee signs need to go it is an embarrassment for those who do.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
Kids should be worried about playing football instead of fans. Give me a break. If I choose to bring my kids home at a decent time and the game isn't over, tough$$##. Play the dang game and quit worring about fan support. I see alot of teams that have way less fan support do pretty dang good in games. Quit looking for excuses. My 2 cents.

Sorry for the rant, but if you've brought a 3 year old to a game, then you know that they usually don't last a whole game. You people bashing fans need to realize that there's a number of things why fans may leave early. Next time, I'll let ya'll tell my wife for me ;D

hookem14

100+ Posts
PNGfan is right. When I played I could not have told you if there were 400 or 4000 people in the stands and especially who was coming or going. We were too focused on the game and what was going on within the game. I’d be willing to bet the vast majority of former players would say the same thing. If the players today or concerned about someone walking out of the stands, that’s on them. And I am definitely not concerned with what the other side thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores