Port Neches-Groves Indians @ Santa Fe Indians

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I think you’re right. I listened to the first half radio broadcast while traveling and don’t recall any rushing TDs
Nope there were none. 1 for Adams 3 for Prosperie 2 for Guarnere (10) IF he’s the one who recovered the fumble for the TD (if I had to bet I believe catch by 18 recovery by 10 but that could be reversed) if so Prosperie had 4 TDs
I had said (guessed) he (10) had 150 at half I slipped on my Bluetooth headphones just in time to hear he had 145 at half via IHeart
They conspicuously didn’t say how many TDs I think because they didn’t know the rule on the fumble recovery either

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Come to think of it 5 TD passes in the second quarter which has to be a record because the only one left to right was the one Prosperie turned a quick slant into a GREAT RAC beat 3 defenders to the end zone

100+ Posts
Well, sometimes there's not much need to establish a running game. That school should be a 4a school I'm thinking, but I haven't seen Nederland or Galena Park yet I guess.
I told the check out lady at Buc-ees in Baytown, "there's a lot of purple in here tonight", and she replied "yeah and I hear there's some buses coming".

bandkid

Staff member
Well, sometimes there's not much need to establish a running game. That school should be a 4a school I'm thinking, but I haven't seen Nederland or Galena Park yet I guess.
I told the check out lady at Buc-ees in Baytown, "there's a lot of purple in here tonight", and she replied "yeah and I hear there's some buses coming".
One of the coolest experiences I’ve ever had at Buc-ee’s happened at the one in Baytown. PN-G was playing one of the Baytown schools at Stallworth. I was passing through headed the other direction, from Austin to Port Neches, about an hour or so ahead of the game. It was pure coincidence that I needed gas and was in the area at that particular time. I walked in to find myself surrounded by an ocean of purple and a whole bunch of familiar faces. It was a good night.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
One of the coolest experiences I’ve ever had at Buc-ee’s happened at the one in Baytown. PN-G was playing one of the Baytown schools at Stallworth. I was passing through headed the other direction, from Austin to Port Neches, about an hour or so ahead of the game. It was pure coincidence that I needed gas and was in the area at that particular time. I walked in to find myself surrounded by an ocean of purple and a whole bunch of familiar faces. It was a good night.
I’ll never forget my first Bucees purple takeover experience was at the one in Luling otw to San Antonio when we played in Dave Campbells HS Football Classic at The Alamodome! The employees were like… “where are y’all from and what is up with all the PURPLE cause it’s been NON STOP since midnight?!?” They were BLOWN AWAY when I told them we all were making a 4 hour road trip to support our HIGH SCHOOL Football team…lol!

100+ Posts
I was wrong about WHICH WR got the yardage credit (the original catch gets credit for ALL the yardage
Recoverer gets no yardage credit but a TD
Passer gets TD credit

The NCAA football statistician’s manualexplains it with an example in the following passage in Section 13, Article 2, A.R. 4 (on page 15):

“Team A’s ball on Team B’s 20. Adams completes a pass to Allen, who fumbles at the 10. The ball rolls into the end zone, where Adler recovers for a touchdown. Credit Adams with a pass attempt, a completion of 20 yards and a touchdown pass. Credit Allen with a reception of 20 yards. Credit Adler with no reception and zero yards, but with a touchdown by receiving. Credit Team A with a touchdown by passing and with a fumble not lost.”
I spoke about this play, and the rule, on another forum, and got a couple of interesting comments:
"... a loophole for a legal forward lateral if executed well enough."
" ... The forward fumble was our most successful play."

BTW, can someone post a video of the catch and fumble?

Anyway, per the PA News, Santa Fe gained 38 total rushing yards on 34 attempts. Wow.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I spoke about this play, and the rule, on another forum, and got a couple of interesting comments:
"... a loophole for a legal forward lateral if executed well enough."
" ... The forward fumble was our most successful play."

BTW, can someone post a video of the catch and fumble?

Anyway, per the PA News, Santa Fe gained 38 total rushing yards on 34 attempts. Wow.

bandkid

Staff member
I’ll never forget my first Bucees purple takeover experience was at the one in Luling otw to San Antonio when we played in Dave Campbells HS Football Classic at The Alamodome! The employees were like… “where are y’all from and what is up with all the PURPLE cause it’s been NON STOP since midnight?!?” They were BLOWN AWAY when I told them we all were making a 4 hour road trip to support our HIGH SCHOOL Football team…lol!
I’ve got a story about that, too. We had so many people in purple on the Riverwalk the weekend of that game, that one of the restaurant owners told one of the adults in our party to give them a heads up if PN-G ever came back to San Antonio so they could dye the river purple.

I’ll never forget getting to the Alamodome to find maybe 200 fans sitting across the field, even though Gregory-Portland only had to travel a third of the distance we did. Meanwhile, PN-G brought 7,500+ and set the all-time attendance record for that game.

Last edited:

100+ Posts
So 10 recovered his own fumble
But not possible without the awareness of 84
Yeah, at the time I really couldn't tell exactly who came up with the ball. That was a pretty wild scramble. That was a great pass, and #10 had a great night too.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The TexanLive announcer had trouble all night identifying the players and gave Guarnere credit for about 5 more receptions. Santa Fe had both TexanLive and the PNG radio crew sit amongst the visiting fans, some of which had no issue standing up in front of the camera all night.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Yeah, at the time I really couldn't tell exactly who came up with the ball. That was a pretty wild scramble. That was a great pass, and #10 had a great night too.
Yes I was under the impression it was Prosperie who came in and recovered
But it was actually #84 very heads up
He traveled 30 yards and immediately went for the ball otherwise the defender would have recovered it easily. But that pinballed it back to Guarnere
(Clarification I thought the other WR recovered and I thought it was Prosperie lol)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores