Port Neches-Groves Indians @ Santa Fe Indians

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
This is not the Santa Fe Indians of the last few years.
Santa Fe 27 Fort Bend Kempner 6
Santa Fe 34 Vidor 22
Santa Fe 51 Pasadena Rayburn 13
Dayton 51 Santa Fe 27
FBM 51 Santa Fe 0
Santa Fe 41 Nederland 18
Santa Fe 33 Galena Park 21

snowbird

Sure would like to see the Indians line up in the power I and stuff it down other teams throat. Seems like running plays out of the shot gun are taking to long to develop. It was great to see we can drive the length of the field when needed. QB seems like like he is getting his feet under him a little better.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It’s great to see Santa Fe playing some good football this season. But I doubt they have the firepower to win this game.

PN-G 42, Santa Fe 21

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
We need the pistol
In my opinion the “read option” formation is brain dead we just haven’t taken it off life support. No team I see uses it very effectively
It’s time to pull the plug. It uses two backs to do what one should be able to do

Our best play this year is Roschon right Roschon left run by Adams. If I was the coach I run that play first series every down. If we go 4 and out so be it. But if we March down the field with it (as I suspect) it stays in play until they stop it. Once we get up 4 TDs then let’s get fancy.

Davidp43

100+ Posts
If done math right. A win clinches a playoff spot. Especially a win coupled with a Dayton win over TC which would make a 3 way tie for 4th assuming Ned beats GP. With Ned, TC, SF all with 3 losses and be holding tie breakers

100+ Posts
Not much discussion about this game.
I'm picking the Indians to win. :) The PNG Indians, that is.

Hopefully our offense turned a corner with that last TD drive against Dayton. It's been an emotional weekend, and week, but I think that they're focused, sort of like last season after Noah was injured. And they'd better be, because we're playing an improved SF team on their field.
Otherwise, I look for the defense to not spend so much time on the field this game. And the offense to put lots of points on the board.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the article and full recognition of the PN-G Indians. Inclusion of words do matter. They were the Indians before all of us were born, and will be the Indians from here on.

And great informational article. The type of article that I and all PN-G Indian fans pick up a sports page for and look forward to reading.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Another night of sporadically listening in on the game from Turnaround at the plant. Missing the whole season for the most part.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores