Port Neches-Groves Indians vs. Ozen Panthers Predictions & LIVE UPDATES

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Whodat said:
You just got bad Karma thats all.
You know what they say "the truth hurts". Bax is only stating the facts, folks! We were some of the idiots who sat through the game and I feel comfortable saying that we've had our seats since the 50's and missed maybe 5 games in all those years and this is absolutely the worst team and coaching we have ever seen. It was so bad last night that we are considering NOT going to the next game where we don't have a chance in HE## of winning.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Skipping the game will only hurt the kids (players, band, etc) and present an image to the area of PN-G fans not being very supportive.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
squaw said:
Whodat said:
You know what they say "the truth hurts". Bax is only stating the facts, folks! We were some of the idiots who sat through the game and I feel comfortable saying that we've had our seats since the 50's and missed maybe 5 games in all those years and this is absolutely the worst team and coaching we have ever seen. It was so bad last night that we are considering NOT going to the next game where we don't have a chance in HE## of winning.

I didn't go to the game, I still have one that likes to Trick or Treat, but I did listen to some of it and I was told that it appeared that if we did something good, it was if it happened by accident.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
We are going to the last game - I guess I can't be this close to the stadium and not go. Plus, my kids will want to go and I am not just dropping them off and leaving them by themselves.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I love the new stadium and will be there at least for the atmosphere. That being said, I've always trumpeted that I support the Indians win or lose. These are the times when those statements are tested. I will be there for the boys more than for the new stadium.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Ok I understand the frustration with last night's game. We could have won the game even with all the bad things that did happen. Why do I say this??? Well, with 2:25 left in the game, we got the ball and were down by 3. We also had all of our timeouts. However, we come out and throw on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down. WE HAVE 3 TIMEOUTS!!!! Ozen couldn't stop the run at all!!! They had 5 and 6 DB's in the game at the time!!!! We could have easily moved down the field playing PNG football. 2 and a half minutes is a ton of time to score in a football game!!! Did I mention we had 3 TIMEOUTS!!! We never used a TO in the 2nd half! Great clock management coaches...

pngbax20

100+ Posts
squaw said:
Whodat said:
Thanks Squaw
i try not offened people but i only speak on what i see and what is true.Sometimes we're going to have a bad season,thats the difference between HS football and college and pros.The HS teams are always changing year in and year out.College recruits the best players,as does the Pros.But im not saying anything nobody already knows.The really test will be if they can recover next year.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
NDNTime said:
Ok I understand the frustration with last night's game. We could have won the game even with all the bad things that did happen. Why do I say this??? Well, with 2:25 left in the game, we got the ball and were down by 3. We also had all of our timeouts. However, we come out and throw on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down. WE HAVE 3 TIMEOUTS!!!! Ozen couldn't stop the run at all!!! They had 5 and 6 DB's in the game at the time!!!! We could have easily moved down the field playing PNG football. 2 and a half minutes is a ton of time to score in a football game!!! Did I mention we had 3 TIMEOUTS!!! We never used a TO in the 2nd half! Great clock management coaches...

With that much time left we could have run the normal PNG offense.That just tells you what kind of season we have had this season.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
NDNTime said:

Well, didn't have Wright at that point and to put someone in that hasn't been playing both ways all night might have actually done some good (this is sarcasum, by the way). So we throw the ball - this what the fans have been wanting all season, NOT!!! We wanted it on 3rd and long not 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th downs!!!!!! WTH is wrong with these coaches, I mean really? I want to know the real reason they appear to have lost their friggin minds out there?

pngbax20

100+ Posts
MightyNDNS said:
NDNTime said:

Well, didn't have Wright at that point and to put someone in that hasn't been playing both ways all night might have actually done some good (this is sarcasum, by the way). So we throw the ball - this what the fans have been wanting all season, NOT!!! We wanted it on 3rd and long not 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th downs!!!!!! WTH is wrong with these coaches, I mean really? I want to know the real reason they appear to have lost their friggin minds out there?

Are you kidding me.Everybody has been complaining that we run,run,pass.Because most 3rd and longs are easy defensive calls.Its going to be a pass.I think i would have run on 2nd down to get some yds to where its not 3rd and long.Or if they knew they were going to go for it on 4th try to get some yds running the ball we had all 3 time outs.The passing game wasnt working last night i dont think i would have thrown all 4 times on that drive.(NO sarcasum here)Of course putting a player in there for an important drive that hasnt played all year isnt the smartest thing you could do.

P.N.G.FOREVER

squaw said:
Whodat said:

Ok Squaw….
1. I AGREE with Bax completely about the turnovers. I believe that is the truth.
2. I DO NOT AGREE that you were an idiot for sitting through the game. That is what true Indians do. You were supporting the team that although they have had only one district win they practice every afternoon just as hard as a team that could win district.
3. I DO NOT AGREE with your statement of this is the worst team and coaching we have ever seen. If you are going to separate the “team and coaching”, I will too. I normally consider it ONE, but in this case (this football season) I don’t think it is. Maybe the kids that are on the field may not be the best combination that should be playing. This is a subject that has been brought up from the beginning. Maybe some of the players on the bench can hold on to the ball better than the ones on the field. This does not mean they are the worst team; it may just not have been the winning combination that it should have been. As for the coaching…well, we all have our opinions.
4. As for you considering NOT going to the game next week, we are all entitled to say how we feel, but in my opinion for you to say “we’ve had our seats since the 50’s and missed maybe 5 games” that is NOT the HONOR, PRIDE and TRADITION that is expected from a PN-G faithful.

Whodat

Bax, you're not going to get anywhere regarding football strategy with some of these folks. It doesn't matter, if somebody says white, it's black, if somebody says cold, it's hot... I think they summed it up well when the ONLY ASK TO THROW on 3rd and long... absolutely no football savvy. Mixing it up is throwing on running downs and running on throwing downs... mixing it up and keeping the defense off balance. Saying we should only throw on 3rd and long is just silly.

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

Agreed Whodat....it's called keeping the defense off balance, keeping them on their heels. These coaches just put Tatum in situations where he cannot be successful, he was 2-17-1 for 48 yards last night, how many times did he throw on first or second down. Then when he did throw he was always in long yardage situations. He will get some real coaching at Lamar, it will be fun to watch him up there.
The Ozen coach in Friday's Port Arthur Rag said both teams have had similar seasons, regarding turnovers, one play here, one play there etc etc. He knew that we had issues hanging on the ball, I am sure that he was telling his kids during the week to tackle the ball, they will turn it over.
There QB went 13-26-1, 173 yards and ran for another 90, that is called no pressure up front, our corners and safeties are not going to stay with them for very long so the pass rush and containment has got to be there. Poor game plan by the coaches, it' time for a change.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
PNGBax20 said:
MightyNDNS said:
NDNTime said:

Are you kidding me.Everybody has been complaining that we run,run,pass.Because most 3rd and longs are easy defensive calls.Its going to be a pass.I think i would have run on 2nd down to get some yds to where its not 3rd and long.Or if they knew they were going to go for it on 4th try to get some yds running the ball we had all 3 time outs.The passing game wasnt working last night i dont think i would have thrown all 4 times on that drive.(NO sarcasum here)Of course putting a player in there for an important drive that hasnt played all year isnt the smartest thing you could do.

2nd string practises don't they? I think it might have worked out well to run with a player that hasn't played all year, they are hungry!!! I guess it was kinda - damned if you do, damned if you don't - situation...

squaw

1,000+ Posts
[/quote]

Ok Squaw….
1. I AGREE with Bax completely about the turnovers. I believe that is the truth.
2. I DO NOT AGREE that you were an idiot for sitting through the game. That is what true Indians do. You were supporting the team that although they have had only one district win they practice every afternoon just as hard as a team that could win district.
3. I DO NOT AGREE with your statement of this is the worst team and coaching we have ever seen. If you are going to separate the “team and coaching”, I will too. I normally consider it ONE, but in this case (this football season) I don’t think it is. Maybe the kids that are on the field may not be the best combination that should be playing. This is a subject that has been brought up from the beginning. Maybe some of the players on the bench can hold on to the ball better than the ones on the field. This does not mean they are the worst team; it may just not have been the winning combination that it should have been. As for the coaching…well, we all have our opinions.
4. As for you considering NOT going to the game next week, we are all entitled to say how we feel, but in my opinion for you to say “we’ve had our seats since the 50’s and missed maybe 5 games” that is NOT the HONOR, PRIDE and TRADITION that is expected from a PN-G faithful.
[/quote]
I respect your right to disagree, but am curious---were you there? We have always supported the Indians, win or lose, but when you only see maybe 3 players who gave a darn, (and them not knowing how to do what they want to do), can you blame me for being disappointed? I have never seen an Indian game like the one played Friday night. Ozen was so bad it was comical, yet we were worse. It was a comedy of errors out there.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
Whodat said:
Bax, you're not going to get anywhere regarding football strategy with some of these folks. It doesn't matter, if somebody says white, it's black, if somebody says cold, it's hot... I think they summed it up well when the ONLY ASK TO THROW on 3rd and long... absolutely no football savvy. Mixing it up is throwing on running downs and running on throwing downs... mixing it up and keeping the defense off balance. Saying we should only throw on 3rd and long is just silly.

Well you either run or throw - which one do you want to do? Maybe run a sweep, BUT NOT UP THE MIDDLE!!!! on 3rd and long!!! I would throw it on 3rd and long - you have 3 friggin people to choose from - actually 4 if you count the TE - but who am I to say what to do..you all are so much smarter than I am when it comes to football that I can't wait until you all get your teaching certificates and become coaches....

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores