Practice Report?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Posted on: Today at 12:01:41 PM
Posted by: pngfan66
I got there about 30 mins before the JV ended. The JV team was head up with the D, scrimmage style. The JV looked awsome and the way the O system is will blow your mind. Reminds me a little of livingstons wing t offense but different. A one back O with a slot back. Recievers spread all over the place and some play action pass mixed in with the pass and run. The varsity has a hugh O line !!! lots of size. Kinda hard to say who the qb will be because I think there were 4 on the field throwing the ball around. Numerous running backs out there as well. Lots of speed, not alot of size at running back, but very fast and they run heads up with smash mouth and some of the others are very agile and have good moves. The D is smaller but very fast. Sometimes they ran a 3 man line and a 4 man line. All the drills were very good drills on both O and D ! lots of things that I didnt see from years past. Lots of technique drills !!! Hustle seemed to be the word said alot ! Lots of great coaches. Lots of praise being thrown around on the field as well. They won't let anyone loaf around either. I like what I'm seeing out there on the practice field. I think alot of folks in the district are going to be shocked when they play PNG ! I know its the first practice and it seemed that alot of it was basic plays. Can't wait to see what else they have in the cooker !!!

Overall ! Very impressed with the practice. The players stayed focused and pumped ! The coaches were just great ! Lots of new equipment on the field and sidelines. Looked like new helmets and some new possible practice jerseys. I could go on for a while but my honey do list is stacked this weekend !

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Posted on: Today at 01:23:18 PM
Posted by: ndnsrock44
In one word..WOW! It was hard to believe this was the 1st practice of the spring, much less the 1st practice with a new coach. The coaches had a fast paced, well organized practice. Not a lot of standing around waiting to do a drill. They had them constantly moving and going from one station to another. All the kids knew what they were supposed to do and seemed to be in great shape. Let me say that when you see this coaching staff and the way the kids respond to them you will be thrilled to death. The version of the spread Coach Faircloth runs can only be compared to the Stephenvilles, South Lake Carroll and Ennis's of Texas football. Nederland and Dayton look like Pop Warner compared to the routes,play action passes, screens, routes out of the backfield,etc. It seemed like every pass play we ran there was AT LEAST one receiver open. And keep in mind, this was the 1st day. A message to the school board...THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Ya'll did a wonderful job hiring this man. I heard he was only signed to a 2 or 3 year deal.. Lock him up NOW to a long term deal. I am predicting now that with any type of talent we will go 2 or 3 rounds deep every year and when we hit a cycle of talent we will make state championship runs. IndianFan..save this post in case it ever gets lost. I will stand by this statement. Everything I have been hearing about Coach Faircloth from his players is 100% true. Here is a big key.. These kids beleive that they are onto something special. Keep your weekends open in late November and December... The Indian Nation will be on the playoff warpath.

Cozmo

IndianFan said:
Posted on: Today at 01:23:18 PM
Posted by: ndnsrock44
In one word..WOW! It was hard to believe this was the 1st practice of the spring, much less the 1st practice with a new coach. The coaches had a fast paced, well organized practice. Not a lot of standing around waiting to do a drill. They had them constantly moving and going from one station to another. All the kids knew what they were supposed to do and seemed to be in great shape. Let me say that when you see this coaching staff and the way the kids respond to them you will be thrilled to death. The version of the spread Coach Faircloth runs can only be compared to the Stephenvilles, South Lake Carroll and Ennis's of Texas football. Nederland and Dayton look like Pop Warner compared to the routes,play action passes, screens, routes out of the backfield,etc. It seemed like every pass play we ran there was AT LEAST one receiver open. And keep in mind, this was the 1st day. A message to the school board...THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Ya'll did a wonderful job hiring this man. I heard he was only signed to a 2 or 3 year deal.. Lock him up NOW to a long term deal. I am predicting now that with any type of talent we will go 2 or 3 rounds deep every year and when we hit a cycle of talent we will make state championship runs. IndianFan..save this post in case it ever gets lost. I will stand by this statement. Everything I have been hearing about Coach Faircloth from his players is 100% true. Here is a big key.. These kids beleive that they are onto something special. Keep your weekends open in late November and December... The Indian Nation will be on the playoff warpath.

AMEN!! ndsnrock44, When is the last time there was this much excitement around Indian football, and week Zero is still about 4 months away. If you are not already on the band wagon you better jump on now its gonna be a fun ride!! I SECOND the Thank you to the School Board GREAT JOB hiring this guy. Keep up the good work. :woohoo: :woohoo:

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Here is the spring football practice schedule per ch. 7, page 1.
DSCF5792.jpg

akifan94

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
akifan94 said:
Indianfan, what happened to the original post?

http://boards.pngindians.com/index.php?topic=834.0;topicseen

Ok. Thanks. I was wondering if something out of line was said and some things had to be deleted. Good thing we do not have that problem here.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
I didn't see the entire practice but here are my thoughts on Monday's practice. The defense is looking pretty tough..they were laying the wood and played with a lot of energy and emotion. Some big hits out there today. The o-line and d-line continued getting after it today.I think there are some battles for starting and back-up jobs going on, so they are competing hard. Harmon looked real good during the inside drills, broke some tackles and looked quick. I am not sure where he was during team, but I did not see him on the field...hope he's not hurt. #31 came in during team and showed some quickness and power..not sure who he is. The QB's looked shaky during 7on7..they looked indecisive and were holding the ball too long and made some bad reads where they didn't throw to wide open receivers. Not sure why they were struggling..maybe working on new plays or missing the WRs that were in baseball today(deron,reynga,etc.) or maybe it was just one of those mondays. They did start looking better at the end of 7on7 and made some nice throws. Segura is looking real good at WR and Nelson(Soph next yr) made some pretty grabs. Boudoin, #82 and#34 all made some nice catches and runs after the catch. Defense worked on punt return some during practice. Once again the kids put in great effort and the coaches worked them hard. A lot of enthusiasm by players and coaches. Coach Faircloth is not shy about ripping some butt..I think the kids have gotten the hint that they better go 100% all the time and never quit on a play or they will hear it from him. The few times he came down really hard on players was not for making honest mistakes, but for them not finishing plays. Thats my 2cents for today. Hopefully someone else will give their perspective, I'm sure ya'll don't just want the ndnsrock report every day. If no one else posts, I will give my 2 cents for the practices I am able to make.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I think I may know what the problem was. Sunday afternoon late some players were on the practice field playing 7 on 7 and two players collided. One was completely knocked out. EMTs and an ambulance were called and one was put on the gurney and transported to the hospital. He had a brace around his neck and we were told that both took a severe blow to the head. I didn't get their names and would like to know how they are if anyone knows.

Cozmo

ndnsrock44 said:
I didn't see the entire practice but here are my thoughts on Monday's practice. The defense is looking pretty tough..they were laying the wood and played with a lot of energy and emotion. Some big hits out there today. The o-line and d-line continued getting after it today.I think there are some battles for starting and back-up jobs going on, so they are competing hard. Harmon looked real good during the inside drills, broke some tackles and looked quick. I am not sure where he was during team, but I did not see him on the field...hope he's not hurt. #31 came in during team and showed some quickness and power..not sure who he is. The QB's looked shaky during 7on7..they looked indecisive and were holding the ball too long and made some bad reads where they didn't throw to wide open receivers. Not sure why they were struggling..maybe working on new plays or missing the WRs that were in baseball today(deron,reynga,etc.) or maybe it was just one of those mondays. They did start looking better at the end of 7on7 and made some nice throws. Segura is looking real good at WR and Nelson(Soph next yr) made some pretty grabs. Boudoin, #82 and#34 all made some nice catches and runs after the catch. Defense worked on punt return some during practice. Once again the kids put in great effort and the coaches worked them hard. A lot of enthusiasm by players and coaches. Coach Faircloth is not shy about ripping some butt..I think the kids have gotten the hint that they better go 100% all the time and never quit on a play or they will hear it from him. The few times he came down really hard on players was not for making honest mistakes, but for them not finishing plays. Thats my 2cents for today. Hopefully someone else will give their perspective, I'm sure ya'll don't just want the ndnsrock report every day. If no one else posts, I will give my 2 cents for the practices I am able to make.
Keep up the good work Rock :woohoo:

lu cards

100+ Posts
squaw said:
I think I may know what the problem was. Sunday afternoon late some players were on the practice field playing 7 on 7 and two players collided. One was completely knocked out. EMTs and an ambulance were called and one was put on the gurney and transported to the hospital. He had a brace around his neck and we were told that both took a severe blow to the head. I didn't get their names and would like to know how they are if anyone knows.
it was two 2 8th graders that collided.the 7th and 8th graders play 7 on 7 on sundays.it probably was of the worst collisions ive seen on the football field and the kid had no pads on. luckily the kid that went to the hospital is fine.he has a severe concussion but will be back in school wednesday.scared the crude out of everyone there but 3 of the parents were nurses and knew exactly how to handle things.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
lu cards said:
squaw said:
it was two 2 8th graders that collided.the 7th and 8th graders play 7 on 7 on sundays.it probably was of the worst collisions ive seen on the football field and the kid had no pads on. luckily the kid that went to the hospital is fine.he has a severe concussion but will be back in school wednesday.scared the crude out of everyone there but 3 of the parents were nurses and knew exactly how to handle things.

Glad they are both OK. I bet that was very scary.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Whew! I am so glad they are both OK. There was a lot of responders there and we knew it looked bad. One thing I can say for sure, though, is that PN has excellent EMT's in the fire department and they get there before the ambulance people. They were instrumental in helping save my significant other's life when he had his heart attack. God is good, that's for sure.

indiankid1210

"Harmon looked real good during the inside drills, broke some tackles and looked quick. I am not sure where he was during team, but I did not see him on the field...hope he's not hurt. #31 came in during team and showed some quickness and power..not sure who he is."

Harmon some how managed to rip his brand new practice jersey. The number 31 you saw out there was Harmon with a replacement jersey. He now wears number one. Today in the scrimage he was nursing a hurt foot. He was not 100 % but will be back in no time.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores