Prayers for whoever got sick at the game

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
the rumors im hearing arent good ones. I hope that they are just rumors.

Prayers to the family.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
What happened? We left after Centrals last touchdown and stopped outside the gate after we heard all the screaming...I saw the ambulances, but never found out what happened.

Hoping and praying for a good report.

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
NDNmom91 said:
What happened? We left after Centrals last touchdown and stopped outside the gate after we heard all the screaming...I saw the ambulances, but never found out what happened.

Hoping and praying for a good report.

rumors are heart attack during the blocked 2 point conversion. Also RUMORS that they tried to revive him in the stands to no avail. Again, these are rumors.

It definitely put a damper on the mood in the stands.

Indian99

500+ Posts
I was wondering about that, I was afraid someone may have had a heart attack on the blocked extra point...hope they are going to be ok.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
It actually happened before the extra point try maybe before the TD. They worked on him in the stands for a long time to stabilize him. When they brought him down on a back board he had an O2 mask on and I thought he was breathing at least I hope he was.

allstarmom

100+ Posts
Back at PNG after the game for the victory tunnel, I was told that he is going to be ok. Is it ok to post his name here?

ndnette81

I'm glad to hear that. We were five rows up and it didn't look too good from where we were, but I know a lot of people were working on him and many, many more around us were praying for him. I certainly hope that he is okay.

ndn78

100+ Posts
Happened right in fornt of me, they are thinking Diabetic related. Had to shock him 4 times. EMS and fans did a great job, anybody with news please let use know.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Here's the facts: Bobby Davenport had a massive heart attack in the stands. Two people around him began CPR until the EMT's arrived and took over. He was shocked back to life three times. The ER doctor told us that his heart was in ventricular fibullation which cannot sustain life. Presently, he is stable and in the ICU at St. Elizabeth's Hospital. They are keeping him sedated and time will tell. My hubby has known Bobby all his life and I've known them 40 years and feel I can speak for his family in saying that all prayers will be so appreciated and we recognize the help he received last night so very much.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Thanks for the info, squaw. I saw many people in the stands praying as I am sure everyone around who knew that someone was in trouble was doing. Makes you realize that football is just a game. Hope Bobby fully recovers.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
Squaw, thanks so very much for the information. I was only approx. 8 rows below y'all. Even though the game was important, a mans life was more important. Everyone around me was praying and I still am. I have checked on this site all day long to see if anyone had any information. I could barely sleep last night thinking about him. Let his family know he is on a very big prayer list. All Indians stick together and care about each other. Whether they know someone personally or not.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Update on Bobby Davenport: Barbara, Bobby's wife, is so tired, but she received fairly hopeful news. The ventilator had been set on 14 and now it is on 8. He is still not conscious, but he is fighting the tubes and machines so they are keeping him out. He did turn his head and look at some people, but could not talk. The doctors are optimistic and say how lucky he is that he was where he was when the attack occurred. Further testing will show the extent of damage to his heart and they will also check his brain function. So far, vitals are stable and oxygen levels are high. I heard that Larry Singleton and Allen Runte were the ones who gave CPR (if I'm wrong, please let me know) and, thankfully, this alone saved his life. I will keep everyone updated when we get more answers, etc. Keep praying.

pngmom

Thoughts and prayers from the Groves to Mr. Davenport and his family. As a nurse I can assure you that whoever did CPR saved his life. Those first minutes are so crucial to the outcome being either positive or negative.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Many prayers from my family as well! I am also a RN, and I was thinking the same thing about the people that did CPR. After reading sqaws last post, I am certain god put Allen and Larry in the right place at the right time. Allen works at Total with my husband, and they are trained in basic CPR and first aid in the event of an accident at the plant, but little did he know he would use his training to save a fellow Indians life! All I can say is thank god they were there and that they acted quickly...there are really angels among us!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores