Sad, sad, sad

akifan94

500+ Posts
People from outside our community (so they said) stood in line, got tickets, and are now selling them for a profit. The lady who had the ad on southeasttexas.com wants 10 to 15 dollars per ticket. Are people that hard up for a little cash? Good grief. :punchingbag:

afndn

Does she think Color Me Badd will be performing at Halftime? Geez. If you can't use the tickets sell for face for give them away. Come on. :punchingbag:

akifan94

500+ Posts
afndn said:
Does she think Color Me Badd will be performing at Halftime? Geez. If you can't use the tickets sell for face for give them away. Come on. :punchingbag:

Maybe just singing the National Anthem.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
I agree. Scalping (pardon the pun) tickets for a HS game is just WRONG particulary at this time of the year.

Think of the smiles one can put on someone's face (especially one less fortunate) by blessing them with a free ticket or two. I've done that at Bulldog games in the past and the expressions of gratitude I've received were worth 100X the price of the ticket.

Oh well.. :(

miss_loudmouth_ndn

isnt ticket scalping illegal? what an idiot. :punchingbag: :thud:

is it the person from beaumont? i only saw one ad for 2 adults and one student ticket.

akifan94

500+ Posts
miss_loudmouth_ndn said:

is it the person from beaumont? i only saw one ad for 2 adults and one student ticket.

Not sure but it sounds like it. My little brothers friend ended up paying 25 dollars (2 adults 1 student) for them due to his work hours and inability to get to the ticket office.

90NDN

500+ Posts
If your in a position to need tickets and not be able to get them otherwise, it's nice. HOwever, the whole idea of scalping HS tickets is just wrong :(...if you want to sell them, then do it for face value. It's the sad state that we are in these days :(

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
akifan94 said:
miss_loudmouth_ndn said:

Not sure but it sounds like it. My little brothers friend ended up paying 25 dollars (2 adults 1 student) for them due to his work hours and inability to get to the ticket office.

I know people who have extra tickets that they are willing to sell for face value.

That is horrible but if I didn't have tickets and they were sold out I would probably be willing to pay that much for tickets. Not saying it is right because it isn't, just saying I would pay it.

akifan94

500+ Posts
Cheermom4 said:
akifan94 said:
miss_loudmouth_ndn said:

I know people who have extra tickets that they are willing to sell for face value.

That is horrible but if I didn't have tickets and they were sold out I would probably be willing to pay that much for tickets. Not saying it is right because it isn't, just saying I would pay it.

I don't think he minded paying a little extra for someone else doing the work of getting them. The initial asking price of 10 to 15 dollars per ticket is what got me.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
akifan94 said:
Cheermom4 said:
akifan94 said:
miss_loudmouth_ndn said:

I don't think he minded paying a little extra for someone else doing the work of getting them. The initial asking price of 10 to 15 dollars per ticket is what got me.

I understand ya, crazy. I know I have bought tickets just encase we needed one if my husband got off work early and we never used it. I would rather have an extra ticket than scramble to get one.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
I remember back during MCM someone had PNG tickets for sale on southeastexas.com and they wanted some crazy price for them.

rnel

I'm wondering why the admistration building didn't ID any of us before selling us our tickets? the only time I have ever been ID was for MCM. I thought they were required to ID for all games not just for MCM.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I think it would be hilarious if the cops answered the ad for inflated ticket prices and busted them.I think that you may be able to scalp tickets to professional level events(I could be wrong on this), but scalping tickets to High School events is illegal and it should be!

lu cards

100+ Posts
still 200 tickets as of 230pm today.cant see someone scalping tickets that arent sold out.after all the fuss about tickets doesnt seem to be the demand i thought.

akifan94

500+ Posts
lu cards said:
still 200 tickets as of 230pm today.cant see someone scalping tickets that arent sold out.after all the fuss about tickets doesnt seem to be the demand i thought.

I wonder if all the talk of lack of seating combined with a 60% to 80% chance of rain is scaring people off?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores