SHUG'S FIRST D1 OFFER

RoschonsBigBro

Roschon was offered a scholarship from Texas A&M today!!! Let's hear it Indian Nation and here's to more scholarships to come@@ :clap: :band: :band: :band: :band:

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Congratulations. Nice to hear good things happening to him. He is a leader. Proud of him...proud for him.

Go Indians. Peace.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
More offers to come. They are calling already from major schools even here of a visit from a major school today for another Indian.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
No offense to Aggie fans but A&M is a QB carousel. Every highly recruited QB has transferred out of there. And we know what happened to Dustin Long.

UT remains the flagship football program in Texas and will be hitting on all cylinders in the next few years. UT football is a sleeping giant. Dual threat, dynamic quarterbacks will thrive in Tom Herman's system.

Indian99

500+ Posts
Flagship football program in Texas?? They haven't made a bowl game in 3 years! The atmosphere in and around A&M is much better as well. It is a very community-oriented campus, much like the atmosphere around PNG.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
After the way aTm screwed Dustin Long, I wouldn't want MY kid to go there. They are letting the tail wag the dog over there.

90NDN

500+ Posts
Congrats to Roshon! He deserves it. That said, you can't hold the current coaching resume hostage over what happened to Dustin Long. Yes, he got the shaft, but that was many many many years ago. I thought strong would turn things around sooner at UT...he had some good wins, but he had some very poor losses unfortunately (losing to Kansas is just not acceptable if your a UT fan). Hopefully Roshon will make the best choice in his interests. Thankfully we still have him for another 2 years @PNG :)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Dustin Long was a while back, but there are recent examples. In the past season or two multiple big name QBs have transferred OUT of A&M. Where there's smoke, there's fire. I'd bet on Texas reaching the final four and having a shot at their 5th national championship before A&M any day.

Indian99

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Dustin Long was a while back, but there are recent examples. In the past season or two multiple big name QBs have transferred OUT of A&M. Where there's smoke, there's fire. I'd bet on Texas reaching the final four and having a shot at their 5th national championship before A&M any day.

We'll see about that. ;D

90NDN

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:

The way I see it, the more current examples have nothing to do with the coaching staff as it did the players. Kenny Hill kept getting into trouble outside of football and the other QB from Arizona imo wasn't all that...he was a highly rated recruit, but he wasn't showing it on the field in my personal opinion. At the end of the day, I feel Sumlin will play the QB who has the best chance at winning at that is what it should be based of (and that comes from practice and grasp of the offense etc). Time will tell, but Texas has several issues and QB is just one of them.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This shouldn't turn into a Texas vs A&M thread, but my last comment is that Mr. Charlie Strong cleaned house and stocked the house for Herman to quickly take that program where it needs to be. And QB is a bright spot, not an issue with the current squad.

My point is Texas is universally considered as one of the top 7 or so iconic football programs period. When they are firing on all cylinders it easily gains more attention than any other program in the state.

I say that having no vested interest or emotional attachment with either school. I'm just a long time football fan and quasi-historian.

Of course no A&M grad will ever accept that point of view, so no offense intended or taken.

90NDN

500+ Posts
@IndianFan...Agree with what Strong did (and he should have). I think he really got the a raw deal, but it is what it is. I personally did not graduate from A&M. That said, I hope Roshon makes the best decision for him personally regardless of the school he attends. Whatever that turns out to be, I will be rooting for him :)

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Tom Herman was at the Reservation today visiting Roschon Johnson

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores