Southlake Carrol Coordinator Jeff Joseph to be next PNG coach

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts
This potential New Hire has the possibility of bringing a lot of success to the Athletic Department as the Head Football Coach at PNG. He has connections to hire proven DC and OC.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PNGISD had several donors that totaled a few hundred thousand. Not nearly enough and their donation was eventually retracted when the plans were scaled down to something like a 35 yard field with no AC. The total cost years ago for a full 100 yard facility was in the millions.

The other issue is where to build it. The area at the end of the new wing seems like a 75-80 yard area. With three 100 yard grass fields on the other side of the canal, that would be prime for a 100 yard activity center. Football players would have to jog over there though. Would be a manageable problem. One can dream.

I actually doated money to for that building. I wonder what happened to my money???

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
Going to miss seeing Coach Faircloths offenses, but it will be good to see us with a defense. I'll definitely be keeping up with Sulphur Springs.

Welcome Coach Joseph!

Will we be doing 7on7?

PatsCowboy

Mom,

I'm finding this ironic that the PNG faithful are/were complaining about the defense while the Katy fans have been complaining about the OC for several years.

PatsCowboy

Just curious, how many season ticket holders does PNG have? How many seats on the West side? How thick is the football program?

PatsCowboy

$10 per seat for $5,000 seats is of course $50,000. Get them to pledge that every 2-3 months. If the school district and/or booster club can't get a chunk for naming rights, then they need to borrow the money and pay it out of the donations.

Anyone remember how Beaumont Motor Company used to park a new Chevrolet on each corner of the endzone when Etheridge was HC? I know UIL got pissed about it, just like they passed the "Wilford Moore" rule, yet now everyone does it with the modern technology.

Anyone have thoughts on a bidding war between Joe Bob Kensel and whomever owns the Philpott stores?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Another idea was selling bricks or plaques that would memorialize a loved one or just recognize a family name.

Or go for a big name donor. How about ‘The Phillips Athletic and Student Activity Center’. Name the football field for another big donor.

Naming rights, or memorials, is a big business these days.

PatsCowboy

Another idea was selling bricks or plaques that would memorialize a loved one or just recognize a family name.

Or go for a big name donor. How about ‘The Phillips Athletic and Student Activity Center’. Name the football field for another big donor.

I don't think Phillips 66 would do that since they don't have a facility in the area. I date a lady who is an executive with Phillips 66, I can ask her. If you are talking about Phillips Medical Equipment, everything they do in electronics is worse than second rate. Would you really want the complex named after a company with that reputation?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Phillips 66 would do that since they don't have a facility in the area. I date a lady who is an executive with Phillips 66, I can ask her. If you are talking about Phillips Medical Equipment, everything they do in electronics is worse than second rate. Would you really want the complex named after a company with that reputation?
Phillips as in Bum or Wade.

akifan94

500+ Posts
I am curious if all of you who bought into the accusations by posters like @IndianMama about having a coach on the hook, needing a coach and staff who likes to drink and party and even further out be involved with certain lifestyles in Lumberton, will back off all the threats made to not vote, not use businesses etc.

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts

You mean like what is being done at the entrance to the HS for former Military Veterans?

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts

Davidp43

100+ Posts
Kinda glad to see the prospect of a defense to return. Pretty sure going to bring in some good coordinators to run the O and D. Wonder what style O going to bring. Power I like Katy runs or spread like SLC. I personally like power I with mixture of some form of wing t with a passing game to keep them honest if they load the box. Best success in the school history has been with a great running game and smash mouth D

ABadndn

Kinda glad to see the prospect of a defense to return. Pretty sure going to bring in some good coordinators to run the O and D. Wonder what style O going to bring. Power I like Katy runs or spread like SLC. I personally like power I with mixture of some form of wing t with a passing game to keep them honest if they load the box. Best success in the school history has been with a great running game and smash mouth D
Power I works for Katy because they get the best linemen each year from all over the Katy ISD. This ain’t the Katy ISD. Stay the course with the offensive philosophy just need to spread the talent to both sides of the ball more.
The most interesting hire here in all this was always going to be the coordinator opposite of the HC. In this case it’s the OC.

PatsCowboy

Power I works for Katy because they get the best linemen each year from all over the Katy ISD. This ain’t the Katy ISD. Stay the course with the offensive philosophy just need to spread the talent to both sides of the ball more.
The most interesting hire here in all this was always going to be the coordinator opposite of the HC. In this case it’s the OC.

While Gary develops some really good OL, he doesn't get his pick from the district. Taylor has produced a couple of the best OL the last couple of years. Paetrow's ain't bad, and neither are Tompkins or Seven Lakes. You are correct that the Katy OL works better together as a unit than the other schools out there.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like good advice. Hopefully the offensive scheme wont change too drastically for this next season. Crippen and company are poised for a big season. There was a good balance of rushing and passing. Defense needs to learn to hit and tackle. Any player on the field that can’t or won’t hit and tackle should not be on the field. Secondary needs to learn to play the ball better. I think Coach Joseph will fix that.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores