Southlake Carrol Coordinator Jeff Joseph to be next PNG coach

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Coordinator and assistant selection is as mysterious as the head coach choice was. I still think the possibility of Blake Joseph at OC is intriguing but as someone else mentioned, it would possibly be a step down after being a college assistant and head coach prior to that. He is a former college QB and runs a balanced attack.

Will also be interesting to see if Woodard is retained at DC.

Other than that, expecting/hoping that Carter, Hooker and Lutrull will remain at least in their primary sport positions if not as football assistants.

bandkid

Staff member
Coordinator and assistant selection is as mysterious as the head coach choice was. I still think the possibility of Blake Joseph at OC is intriguing but as someone else mentioned, it would possibly be a step down after being a college assistant and head coach prior to that. He is a former college QB and runs a balanced attack.

Other than that, expecting/hoping that Carter, Hooker and Lutrull will remain at least in their primary sport positions if not as football assistants.

(emphasis added)

bark

1,000+ Posts

I understand Carter is teaching a class - per deim so to speak- in place of his conference period to bump his salary up for TRS retirement $. Supposed to be either illegal or against TEA regs. I don’t know but good for him if there is a loophole

BTW I read the names of the committee in the paper- could not be a better group of folks- I was wrong in my assumptions about the situation

still not sold on Dodges impact vs $$$ he’s getting. Talk is he has 45 districts he’s working with. From home. Good work if youcan get it don’t fault him for milking it. He’s worked plenty hard - aside from NTSU - to be successful.

indians87

I understand Carter is teaching a class - per deim so to speak- in place of his conference period to bump his salary up for TRS retirement $. Supposed to be either illegal or against TEA regs. I don’t know but good for him if there is a loophole

BTW I read the names of the committee in the paper- could not be a better group of folks- I was wrong in my assumptions about the situation

still not sold on Dodges impact vs $$$ he’s getting. Talk is he has 45 districts he’s working with. From home. Good work if youcan get it don’t fault him for milking it. He’s worked plenty hard - aside from NTSU - to be successful.
Teaching is their base salary. Being the head coach of baseball and soccer is a stipend. If you don’t know how it works you shouldn’t be posting about it.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Teaching is their base salary. Being the head coach of baseball and soccer is a stipend. If you don’t know how it works you shouldn’t be posting about it.
I know how it works. You misunderstood I meant they prorated his BASE TEACHING SALARY to include an additional period, I guess by increasing it 1/8th(1class) - NOT including stipends to add the his 21/22 year salary. So, follow me, base teaching salary increase by 12%(extra class) plus existing stipends already in place. BTW I’m On TRS now. Retired Teacher, coach, counselor
Thanks for bringing me up to speed Also, on the Retired Texas Teachers Association

this is what I was told by another PNG Varsity coach months ago. I hope there is a loophole I assure you every head coach out there deserves waaaay more $ than he is compensated for in salaries.
Excuse my grammar. Taught Math not English

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. Every teacher and coach deserves more money! It’s a heck of a tough job these days. Teachers are leaving the field left and right because of it and there is no rush of college students choosing education as a career. Increased teacher pay and better working conditions might be the answer. Otherwise Microsoft may see increased demand for its HoloLens technology in the classroom. That and maybe a security guy or classroom bouncer to control the rowdy, teacherless students might become a necessity in the ‘utopian’ society that some dim politicians have in mind for us. ;)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores