Splendora @ PN-G (Homecoming | October 11, 2024, 7:00 p.m.)

100+ Posts
Not sure what thread to ask this, and maybe I missed it already somewhere, but will #29 return? He ran well in the Klein game.

Reactions: Rez

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Also prob different thread
But watching lots of college and HS games over the weekend (I have 142 college game on the DVR LOL)
I feel PUNT RETURN is obsolete
Especially with the rule changes regarding men downfield on the coverage team (they can take off before the ball is punted)
For the ONE long return
You get 50 block in the back penalties 5 successful fakes for the first down
10 roughing the kickers 30 muffs or fumbles or accidental touches and a partridge in a pear tree
The risk of punt return isn’t worth the reward nowadays

To me you run regular defense for punts normal rush as if the punter is the QB

4-0-Niner

I could see this one playing out similar to Beaumont United. 1st quarter will be the "1's", 2nd quarter a mix of 1's and 2's with a few 3's in skilled positions getting some reps with the starting O-line. 3rd Quarter will be at least started by the 1's, just to qualm any adjustments the opponent may make at halftime, and then 4th quarter is all 2's, 3's and 4's. I could also see us using the time that our starters do play to iron out wrinkles and test bed any new formations or plays we have installed since Huntsville. Not to overlook them, we all know any team can be dangerous on any Friday on any field, but I really view these next 2 games as tune up games, before MCM and Montgomery. I'm all for every young man on our team getting some time to shine. They all work equally as hard. However, we can't let the sword get rusty just because we slayed a few dragons.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Don’t look now
But this season is lining up perfectly
Our toughest games over with
And projections show that other than Texas High we might avoid some of the big powers in R2

100+ Posts
What about #26, J. Jerry? He looked good in the spring game. I've been anxious to see him get some carries.
Did he wear #26 in the spring game? If so then he's likely wearing a different # on Thursday or Friday, I don't know which. I haven't seen a #26 on Friday night so far this season, but maybe he'll get some carries tomorrow night. It's too bad for #29, it's a loss for him and for the team.

Rez

Nederland still has some question marks, but they’re well-coached and believe in themselves. That’s a dangerous team. Will we be favored by most? Sure, and I think we’re likely to win. But they’re going to be ready for MCM, and more able to execute than last year. It’s a game we can lose.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (6-0)
vs.
West Fork Gators (2-4)

Friday, Oct. 18, 7:00PM

Randall Reed Stadium, New Caney, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores