Splendora @ PN-G (Homecoming | October 11, 2024, 7:00 p.m.)

jstonedrummer

Huntsville holds off Montgomery comeback for 33-18 win. Montgomery pulled within 8 before Hunstville scored go ahead TD with about 2 minutes left. Montgomery then stopped on downs within red zone.

I watched 4th quarter.
Montgomery does not appear to be as good as it might have seemed to be based on the Lake Creek (rivalry game) score, but they will definitely be tough. Glad we get them at hone.
Looks like we just have to worry about that qb run. We should be able to run all over their Defense though so I feel like we should beat them.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Looks like we just have to worry about that qb run. We should be able to run all over their Defense though so I feel like we should beat them.
Stopping the qb run will definitely be a top priority. However, he also appears to be a pretty good passer so their offense in not one sided in that sense. I agree that our offense should do well against their defense, which seems better than Lake Creek’s but not nearly as good as Hunstville’s.

99JBBG

I do have a general question... I've noticed this season that during the coin toss, there are two players standing about 10 yards off the sideline. I only noticed it at first because at Klein Oak, Joseph yelled at them to get in formation. I like it. I just don't know the reasoning behind it. Seems for formal and statement making reasons.

Rez

I do have a general question... I've noticed this season that during the coin toss, there are two players standing about 10 yards off the sideline. I only noticed it at first because at Klein Oak, Joseph yelled at them to get in formation. I like it. I just don't know the reasoning behind it. Seems for formal and statement making reasons.
I think those are honorary captains. Like, guys who played well in scout team, etc

pngfan316

100+ Posts
Scout Team Players of the Week.

19PNGndn68

Also prob different thread
But watching lots of college and HS games over the weekend (I have 142 college game on the DVR LOL)
I feel PUNT RETURN is obsolete
Especially with the rule changes regarding men downfield on the coverage team (they can take off before the ball is punted)
For the ONE long return
You get 50 block in the back penalties 5 successful fakes for the first down
10 roughing the kickers 30 muffs or fumbles or accidental touches and a partridge in a pear tree
The risk of punt return isn’t worth the reward nowadays

To me you run regular defense for punts normal rush as if the punter is the QB
I support your last statement. I would like see the PNG punt return defense stop the desperation “Liberty Hill” fourth down, fake punt, direct snap to a running back, for a long TD. Huntsville running back up the “open” defensive middle for a long touchdown that gets the opposing team back into the game. Huntsville watched PNG game film and executed the “LH play” when things looked bad and PNG was ready to get the ball back and go up by three scores. Expect Nederland and Montgomery to wait for the same opportunity to present itself and take advantage.
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Who are we!!!! PNG

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Yes every game I watch is practically a hold your breath hope no one touches the ball accidentally
Treat 4th down as just another down

If they’re in punt formation yes you can afford to rush more players due to the usually three guard blockers
But at that you’ve got two eligible receivers

Until they change the rules back to the 90s and before rule

Punt return is dead.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Texas High who the computer has as the #1 team and who we will likely face early in the playoffs barely beat Marshall last night. Marshall scored and instead of kicking the XP to tie it went for 2 and didn’t get it. Marshall ran all over their defense so that bodes well for the PNG offense.
I watched it
(I watch every game that’s where I graduated)

Marshall is their existing rivalry game
(Since they discontinued the over 100 year matchup with Arkansas High)
Sometimes Texas High looks unbeatable
Sometimes they look terrible.
But they beat the Arkansas State champs in 7A (largest) Fayetteville
They are chaotic at times for sure
But they have tons of potential
Have to be careful and snuff out any chance they have at optimism

19PNGndn68

Splendora...punting...PN-G blocks it. The ball rolled out of the end zone for a safety. Splendora is pitiful. No fundamentals. They simply don't block.

PN-G 22
Splendora 0

8:00 mins. 1Q

GO INDIANS!
Understand that the Splendora HC is the former Dayton HC from a year ago? Dayton team was not that disciplined last year.
The problem is...PN-G's second and third team may be better than Splendora. How do you tell second and third team players not to score or not to run up the score? Those kids on the second and third team practice hard and they want to score or make big plays. Unless we tell them to just fall down, this score will keep going up. Splendora has no fundamentals when it comes to blocking and tackling.
the only way PNG is 12-0 in recent one score games is emphasis on every player on the team regardless of starter status Doing all things the right way to the best of there ability in practice or game situations. Some of the teams ranked in AP top ten are moving up the poll by scoring 70 + points on district teams that have not won a game in over two years.
In the previous glory years as a young adult had to accept the fact that once a Doug Ethridge PNG team was up by 21-28 points that running between the tackles and ball control was the way things would finish. Did not realize at the time that The large Golden Traingle fan base that followed and supported PNG in the play off runs was because PNG did not embarrassed their team and they could wear their team colors in the playoff stands with pride.
So proud of the PNG coaching staff in their approach and execution in the recent Splendora game. Those kids will have a lifetime experience to tell their grandkids and keep the PNG tradition alive and well.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Understand that the Splendora HC is the former Dayton HC from a year ago? Dayton team was not that disciplined last year.

the only way PNG is 12-0 in recent one score games is emphasis on every player on the team regardless of starter status Doing all things the right way to the best of there ability in practice or game situations. Some of the teams ranked in AP top ten are moving up the poll by scoring 70 + points on district teams that have not won a game in over two years.
In the previous glory years as a young adult had to accept the fact that once a Doug Ethridge PNG team was up by 21-28 points that running between the tackles and ball control was the way things would finish. Did not realize at the time that The large Golden Traingle fan base that followed and supported PNG in the play off runs was because PNG did not embarrassed their team and they could wear their team colors in the playoff stands with pride.
So proud of the PNG coaching staff in their approach and execution in the recent Splendora game. Those kids will have a lifetime experience to tell their grandkids and keep the PNG tradition alive and well.
Words of wisdom.

No doubt it takes an entire team of passionate, dedicated players. From starters on ‘down’ to scout team players. To not only become champions but also maintain that winning culture from one year to the next. A team who works and practices like they aspire to play.

Those backups who played more than normal against Splendora experienced the realization of their dreams. A hunger to play was temporarily satiated but they will now be hungrier than ever before. They’ve tasted the experience of the Friday Night Lights. Enthusiasm levels will rise and they will push the players in front of them even more each week. They know that the opportunities to play are real and increase as the starters more often control the game convincingly.

With youth and inexperience it is often the mental aspect that separates one player from another. A boost of individual confidence and self belief can unleash improved play on the field. And the obvious starter becomes less clear as multiple players can contribute almost equally. That’s how you build a more capable and resilient team.

And as mentioned, it takes a great coaching staff to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of each player. How to best encourage and teach each player to grow into the winner that they can be.

A winning culture also requires both coaches and players who dream of excellence. Who wake up asking, what can I do to become better each day. Self and team. Team first.

That is the magical solution that Jeff Joseph is establishing. And his staff buys into that as well. Here’s to hoping the success and magic continues for a long time to come. In football and life.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Words of wisdom.

No doubt it takes an entire team of passionate, dedicated players. From starters on ‘down’ to scout team players. To not only become champions but also maintain that winning culture from one year to the next. A team who works and practices like they aspire to play.

Those backups who played more than normal against Splendora experienced the realization of their dreams. A hunger to play was temporarily satiated but they will now be hungrier than ever before. They’ve tasted the experience of the Friday Night Lights. Enthusiasm levels will rise and they will push the players in front of them them even more each week. They know that the opportunities to play are real and increase as the starters more often control the game convincingly.

With youth and inexperience it is often the mental aspect that separates one player from another. A boost of individual confidence and self belief can unleash improved play on the field. And the obvious starter becomes less clear as multiple players can contribute almost equally. That’s how you build a more capable and resilient team.

And as mentioned, it takes a great coaching staff to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of each player. How to best encourage and teach each player to grow into the winner that they can be.

A winning culture also requires both coaches and players who dream of excellence. Who wake up asking, what can I do to become better each day. Self and team. Team first.

That is the magical solution that Jeff Joseph is establishing. And his staff buys into that as well. Here’s to hoping the success and magic continues for a long time to come. In football and life.
Yes
The next weeks practice takes on a whole new meaning when you saw the field the Friday before

And for more than just a few off tackle right off tackle left and victory formation.

19PNGndn68

Huntsville just defeated Montgomery 33 - 18! PNG is now the lone undefeated team in the District.
5AD2 District 8 teams have a current 29-19 won lost record tied for best in state with our old District 9. Competition outside of DFW area is the best. Hear that MaxPreps. Best in the 16 Districts in 5AD2 in the state. MaxPrep dropped undefeated PNG from 3rd to 5th in rankings this week and leapfrogged Argyle DFW over PNG. Next week DFW teams Lovejoy and Melissa will move up and past an undefeated PNG and PNG will drop to 7th. Good bulletin board material.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
5AD2 District 8 teams have a current 29-19 won lost record tied for best in state with our old District 9. Competition outside of DFW area is the best. Hear that MaxPreps. Best in the 16 Districts in 5AD2 in the state. MaxPrep dropped undefeated PNG from 3rd to 5th in rankings this week and leapfrogged Argyle DFW over PNG. Next week DFW teams Lovejoy and Melissa will move up and past an undefeated PNG and PNG will drop to 7th. Good bulletin board material.
I definitely use a combination of MaxPreps and others including DCampbell to do my amateur assessments of teams
It’s a good resource but as all rankings to be taken with a grain of salt
(Not telling anyone anything new)
I honestly don’t see how MaxPreps and all those national sites do it
(I don’t see how DC covers Texas)
Seems impossible to me.

19PNGndn68

Words of wisdom.

Those backups who played more than normal against Splendora experienced the realization of their dreams. A hunger to play was temporarily satiated but they will now be hungrier than ever before. They’ve tasted the experience of the Friday Night Lights. Enthusiasm levels will rise and they will push the players in front of them them even more each week. They know that the opportunities to play are real and increase as the starters more often control the game convincingly.

I would like to offer for comment what I think would be a potential game and season changer for PNG. I have felt a void with the graduation of particularly Shea Adams and the other talented seniors. Our #9 QB is a brilliant passer but not a running threat. Nor should our #9 QB be placed in harms way as a runner.
PNG possesses the next coming of “Shea Adams” in our WR #11. #11 possesses the same physical strength, running skills, good hands, and height to peer over the line as a wildcat QB on short yardage plays to see the defensive gaps. The ability to turn the QB wide pitch out into a true multiple option run if the CB takes away the pitch to the trailing PNG RB is food for thought.
Can you imagine in the playoffs if we had Shea Adams split out as a wide receiver all the time and running wind sprints on most downs with a CB spy following him on ether side of the field.
But the story goes #11 is our only current outstanding receiver. Shea Adams our Wildcat QB was an outstanding receiver in the SOC game. We did not ask our wildcat QB to pass the ball in the playoffs he had a define set of roles which brought physicality to the offense and ball control. We have placed the entire burden on our #9 QB to be a master all things. #11 is capable of lessening #9 QB burdens and stresses like last year. Our new OC coordinator would have a successful template to follow. No need to try to come up with new schemes to increase the physicality of the current offense. I believe this can be game changer. It’s worth what you all paid for it. Who Are We!!!!! PNG

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (6-0)
vs.
West Fork Gators (2-4)

Friday, Oct. 18, 7:00PM

Randall Reed Stadium, New Caney, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores