Suspiciously Silent

bark

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Bottom line, Brandon Faicloth is a hell'uva good coach. And he is going to put people on his staff that he trusts to do the job. I hope he's here for decades to come.

Coaches are used to being second guessed. Aren't we all? ;D Just keep it fair and constructive.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You can bet Faircloth doesn't read this site and could care less what we say on here. This site is for Saturday Morning QB's (me included) I don't know of a single poster on this site that has ever coached (for a living) a single game.

If you get right down to it -none of us really has a clue as to how to evaluate games, film or talent. That's why we do what we do and they do what they do.

Looking forward to next year!

hookem14

100+ Posts
bark said:
IndianFan said:
Bottom line, Brandon Faicloth is a hell'uva good coach. And he is going to put people on his staff that he trusts to do the job. I hope he's here for decades to come.

Coaches are used to being second guessed. Aren't we all? ;D Just keep it fair and constructive.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You can bet Faircloth doesn't read this site and could care less what we say on here. This site is for Saturday Morning QB's (me included) I don't know of a single poster on this site that has ever coached (for a living) a single game.
If you get right down to it -none of us really has a clue as to how to evaluate games, film or talent. That's why we do what we do and they do what they do.

Looking forward to next year!
Wrong !!!

bark

1,000+ Posts
I have and was part of a Tapps division Kelly Bulldog State Championship team. I coached the linebackers and offensive line.
[/quote]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
thetestement - I give you credit!!

I know you lettered in 94,95 &96 (your post)

I would say you are one of the few or only that qualify.

Are you still coaching?

Thanks for your insight into the game.

hookem14

100+ Posts
Just because someone may or may not have coached “For a living” does not mean they do not know football. There are people in all walks of life that do things for a living that they are not particularly good at just as there are people in all walks of life that know plenty about certain subjects even though they may not make a living at it. Some people may have played college football and know plenty about breaking down football on film because they have done a whole lot of it. I would venture to say I have a son in middle school that probably knows as much or more about football than most adults I know and he doesn't get paid for it.

thetestament

I should also have said this: just because someone does something for a living does not make them good at it, and vice versa, just because someone does not do something for a living does not mean they are not good at it. My point is simply put as this, not all, but most of us on here a airchair qb's and coaches with our own insight. I know hookem very well and let me say this, he is a student of the game. He has taught me personally a few things about the game. When BF first came to PNG, I was probably the most skeptic person about some of his strategies. One in particular was the whole "nobody plays both ways" theory. I thought, and to some extint still do believe, we need the best talent on the field even if it means playing on both sides of the ball. I just do not think 4a schools have enough talent to manage it. Well so far I have been wrong for the most part about that. The philosophy is that if you only play one position, then you should know it like the backside of your hand. So far its working and I am adjusting my line of thinking on it. But here is the real deal, I believe that for the most part, we have some of the most intelligent fans when it comes to football, but sometimes we all make judgements about the game or strategy because all we see is the football in the air. Perfect example is when Miller threw the long pass down the field at the end of the game and everyone said what was coach thinking. Well actually, as pointed out to me by hookem, we had an underneath crossing route that was open and probably was the primary receiver and where BF wanted the ball to go. Miller saw something else and took a shot. Most people did not see this as they were following the ball, so they blamed BF for a poor play call and poor management. Miller just so happened to see something else and went for it. No one is to blame for it, not Miller, not Nelson, and surely not BF. Bottom line is this, we can all be airchair coaches and qbs, but we should all try to be more informed before spouting off about things and trashing our coaching staff or player. Just be great fans!

pngmom4

500+ Posts
thetestament said:
I should also have said this: just because someone does something for a living does not make them good at it, and vice versa, just because someone does not do something for a living does not mean they are not good at it. My point is simply put as this, not all, but most of us on here a airchair qb's and coaches with our own insight. I know hookem very well and let me say this, he is a student of the game. He has taught me personally a few things about the game. When BF first came to PNG, I was probably the most skeptic person about some of his strategies. One in particular was the whole "nobody plays both ways" theory. I thought, and to some extint still do believe, we need the best talent on the field even if it means playing on both sides of the ball. I just do not think 4a schools have enough talent to manage it. Well so far I have been wrong for the most part about that. The philosophy is that if you only play one position, then you should know it like the backside of your hand. So far its working and I am adjusting my line of thinking on it. But here is the real deal, I believe that for the most part, we have some of the most intelligent fans when it comes to football, but sometimes we all make judgements about the game or strategy because all we see is the football in the air. Perfect example is when Miller threw the long pass down the field at the end of the game and everyone said what was coach thinking. Well actually, as pointed out to me by hookem, we had an underneath crossing route that was open and probably was the primary receiver and where BF wanted the ball to go. Miller saw something else and took a shot. Most people did not see this as they were following the ball, so they blamed BF for a poor play call and poor management. Miller just so happened to see something else and went for it. No one is to blame for it, not Miller, not Nelson, and surely not BF. Bottom line is this, we can all be airchair coaches and qbs, but we should all try to be more informed before spouting off about things and trashing our coaching staff or player. Just be great fans!

he did not discuss that last play at the BC last night, and no one asked about it either. I do know, from going to the BC meeeting each week, that Miller does, in factm, have a couple of options on all plays. I am with you on this one, no one should be blamed. Coach did seem to appreciate the warm receptionn that he recieved from all members in attendence. Coach is a great person on and off the field, and I hope he is here to a long time.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
pngmom4 said:
thetestament said:

he did not discuss that last play at the BC last night, and no one asked about it either. I do know, from going to the BC meeeting each week, that Miller does, in factm, have a couple of options on all plays. I am with you on this one, no one should be blamed. Coach did seem to appreciate the warm receptionn that he recieved from all members in attendence. Coach is a great person on and off the field, and I hope he is here to a long time.

Perhaps you missed it, but that was one of the 1st things he talked about. He actually started talking about "the last series", but he explained why he opted for the deep ball. And he made the comment that the defender made a great play.

indian17

Don't know if any one has looked at this but I got to thinking about BF coaching record over last three years 26-10. Not too shabby with making the playoffs three years in a row. Also we have a home record of 14 -2 over his three seasons. The reservation under his watch has been a very difficult place to win by the opposing teams which is the way it should be.

I feel very good with our coaching staff, hopefully we will be able to keep most of them since it seems we may have some good talent coming through over the next few years.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I agree, I was at the last BC meeting as well and he did discuss the last series. Dayton's defender did make a very good play. It happened, wish we could go back and do something different but we can't. It happened and now its over. I really really do hope we get to keep all of our coaches, they are a great group of men who are dedicated to the boys and the program, they are all liked very well at school as well. I see a new playoff tradition starting with a new playoff record starting next year. I'm looking and hoping for a 4th straight playoff appearance next season. I believe the group next year will be fantastic as well. Maybe not the big names of the past few years, but I think they will make their names know. If I;m not mistaken, if the team makes the playoffs next season it will be the first time for PNG to make the playoffs 4 years in a row. Anyone know if that would be true ?

thetestament

pngfan66 said:
I agree, I was at the last BC meeting as well and he did discuss the last series. Dayton's defender did make a very good play. It happened, wish we could go back and do something different but we can't. It happened and now its over. I really really do hope we get to keep all of our coaches, they are a great group of men who are dedicated to the boys and the program, they are all liked very well at school as well. I see a new playoff tradition starting with a new playoff record starting next year. I'm looking and hoping for a 4th straight playoff appearance next season. I believe the group next year will be fantastic as well. Maybe not the big names of the past few years, but I think they will make their names know. If I;m not mistaken, if the team makes the playoffs next season it will be the first time for PNG to make the playoffs 4 years in a row. Anyone know if that would be true ?

I think they went in 74, 75, 76 and 77.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
pngmom4 said:
thetestament said:

Perhaps you missed it, but that was one of the 1st things he talked about. He actually started talking about "the last series", but he explained why he opted for the deep ball. And he made the comment that the defender made a great play.

Thanks for correcting me, I guess I just missed it.

bark

1,000+ Posts
hookem14 said:
Just because someone may or may not have coached “For a living” does not mean they do not know football. There are people in all walks of life that do things for a living that they are not particularly good at just as there are people in all walks of life that know plenty about certain subjects even though they may not make a living at it. Some people may have played college football and know plenty about breaking down football on film because they have done a whole lot of it. I would venture to say I have a son in middle school that probably knows as much or more about football than most adults I know and he doesn't get paid for it.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I concede to you and thetestement. You do not have to be a "coach" to know a sport. Even as a middle school student you can be imformed and be able to break down film etc...
Sorry if I upset anyone. No more from me on this subject!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to see that, not only are Indian fans NOT silent, many have very insightful comments. :thumbsup:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores