Suspiciously Silent

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
Very sad to see a great group of boys walk off the field for the last time Saturday night. Great season for the Indians, to me they were Larger than Life out there. We had a very disciplined team this year that played with class and heart, four quarters in every game. Last night our defense did a great job...they held Dayton to 5 field goals...but who needs touchdowns when you have a kicker like that! It was very frustrating to watch the Refs blatantly ignore the holding that Dayton did on almost every play! But still we lost, even though we made it to the endzone more than they did. On "that other board" there were several posts about the great sportsmanship that the Indians displayed and how classy our team and fans have been this season! Congrats on a great season INDIANS! Good luck to all the Seniors!

On another note: Just because our season is over, there is still some great highschool football left to be watched. Lets support our 3 20-4A teams that are still making a run....and of course Port Arthur Memorial in 5A!

bark

1,000+ Posts
[No disrespect to the former staff, but these guys run this program better than most colleges and head and shoulders above the previous staff. Just ask any of the coaches who served under both, or anywhere else for that matter, how different Faircloth runs his ship.
[/quote]
I'm a BF fan BUT there is only 1 (I think) left from Burnetts staff -Arnaud?

Mighty tall statement about the best in Texas and better than most Colleges?

Difference in the game IMO is 5 FG's THREE late in the game.

Remember Burnett's 99 team went to the State Final

hookem14

100+ Posts
bark said:
[No disrespect to the former staff, but these guys run this program better than most colleges and head and shoulders above the previous staff. Just ask any of the coaches who served under both, or anywhere else for that matter, how different Faircloth runs his ship.

hookem14

100+ Posts
There are several more leftover coaches at the middle school level. I have discussed the differences regarding the two head coaches with them and you can bet they know the the value of the current regime.

bark

1,000+ Posts
hookem14 said:
There are several more leftover coaches at the middle school level. I have discussed the differences regarding the two head coaches with them and you can bet they know the the value of the current regime.
So, any idea why they left the Varsity Staff?

hookem14

100+ Posts
bark said:
hookem14 said:
Are you kidding!!! What does that have to do with anything?

thetestament

bark said:
hookem14 said:

I guarantee you it had nothing to do with the way BF runs the show. Actually, they all still participate on the varsity level to some degree. I know one for sure just moved to the Jr. High to have more time with his family. Most of those guys were Jr. High to begin with anyway. So really, what was the point in your question as I am dying to know?

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
Wow! What about turnovers and penalties? Aside from all the other tangibles Bad coaching just does not add up in this one for me. So proud of how these Indians have played. Maybe Art Briles was right winning is not enough!Boy if we could only dust off and reload. I consider the last three years winning seasons and there will be more!

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
My thoughts on Brandon Faircloth,Mike Arnaud,Joe Dale Cary,Ryan Cox,and Dustin Templin and the rest of the PNG coaching staff .......Thank you.....Thank you for seeing something in Chase, For pushing him, For given him the chance, For showing him what team work is all about, for putting that spark in him that he could go on and play college football... I know this is a open forum and is here for us to get on here and have fun, talk smack, and vent....All you see is what happens on the field you do not know what these guys do for these kids, from going in early before practice to help them with home work to just texting them and see how there summer was going,I know that Chase admires and loves these guys and that by its self is enough for me..

hookem14

100+ Posts
pngdad8420 said:
My thoughts on Brandon Faircloth,Mike Arnaud,Joe Dale Cary,Ryan Cox,and Dustin Templin and the rest of the PNG coaching staff .......Thank you.....Thank you for seeing something in Chase, For pushing him, For given him the chance, For showing him what team work is all about, for putting that spark in him that he could go on and play college football... I know this is a open forum and is here for us to get on here and have fun, talk smack, and vent....All you see is what happens on the field you do not know what these guys do for these kids, from going in early before practice to help them with home work to just texting them and see how there summer was going,I know that Chase admires and loves these guys and that by its self is enough for me..
You are 100 % correct. Some of these posters on here are absolutely clueless.

thetestament

pngdad8420 said:

Great post!
+1

75NDNDB

pngdad8420 said:
You should be very proud of Chase pngdad. He was definitely one of the best safeties in the district this year. I knew when he got moved up last year that he was a huge asset to the team. I was blessed to have started every game at cornerback on the 75 state team and sir, I tip my hat to him as well as many others that gave it there all this year. This includes the entire new coaching staff and look forward to the years ahead!

bark

1,000+ Posts
I guarantee you it had nothing to do with the way BF runs the show. Actually, they all still participate on the varsity level to some degree. I know one for sure just moved to the Jr. High to have more time with his family. Most of those guys were Jr. High to begin with anyway. So really, what was the point in your question as I am dying to know?
[/quote

******************************************************************************************
There was no point just curious as to what happened - now, thanks to all that know, I am informed of the situation.

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
75NDNDB said:
pngdad8420 said:
You should be very proud of Chase pngdad. He was definitely one of the best safeties in the district this year. I knew when he got moved up last year that he was a huge asset to the team. I was blessed to have started every game at cornerback on the 75 state team and sir, I tip my hat to him as well as many others that gave it there all this year. This includes the entire new coaching staff and look forward to the years ahead!
Then you know what he is feeling today cleaning out his locker, This thought has got a lump in my throat. I never played HS football, He told me this morning that this was going to be the hardest part...

hookem14

100+ Posts
pngdad8420 said:
75NDNDB said:
pngdad8420 said:
Then you know what he is feeling today cleaning out his locker, This thought has got a lump in my throat. I never played HS football, He told me this morning that this was going to be the hardest part...
I played and he is correct. Cleaning out the locker is very difficult. I very much enjoyed watching your son play football. I was a former defensive back so I can truly appreciate good (DB) play, and he is VERY VERY GOOD.

bark

1,000+ Posts
quote]You should be very proud of Chase pngdad. He was definitely one of the best safeties in the district this year. I knew when he got moved up last year that he was a huge asset to the team. I was blessed to have started every game at cornerback on the 75 state team and sir, I tip my hat to him as well as many others that gave it there all this year. This includes the entire new coaching staff and look forward to the years ahead!
[/quote]

All of us should/are proud of the way Chase played! I agree with 75NDNDB it is a hard position.

I was a Jr. letterman on that Championship team. I can appreciate your performance that year 75NDNDB!!!

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
pngdad8420 said:
75NDNDB said:
pngdad8420 said:

My husband and I both cried like babies that night because we didn't want to see it all end. This being our child's Senior year is bitter sweet. I know the next six months are going to fly by. Tell Chase thanks for all the memories. He is an awesome athlete and we enjoyed watching his this past few years.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores