Suspiciously Silent

thetestament

pngdad8420 said:
75NDNDB said:
pngdad8420 said:
My thoughts on Brandon Faircloth,Mike Arnaud,Joe Dale Cary,Ryan Cox,and Dustin Templin and the rest of the PNG coaching staff .......Thank you.....Thank you for seeing something in Chase, For pushing him, For given him the chance, For showing him what team work is all about, for putting that spark in him that he could go on and play college football... I know this is a open forum and is here for us to get on here and have fun, talk smack, and vent....All you see is what happens on the field you do not know what these guys do for these kids, from going in early before practice to help them with home work to just texting them and see how there summer was going,I know that Chase admires and loves these guys and that by its self is enough for me..
You should be very proud of Chase pngdad. He was definitely one of the best safeties in the district this year. I knew when he got moved up last year that he was a huge asset to the team. I was blessed to have started every game at cornerback on the 75 state team and sir, I tip my hat to him as well as many others that gave it there all this year. This includes the entire new coaching staff and look forward to the years ahead!
Then you know what he is feeling today cleaning out his locker, This thought has got a lump in my throat. I never played HS football, He told me this morning that this was going to be the hardest part...

I played on the 94, 95, and 96 teams and know all too well how hard it was cleaning out my locker. Chase is one heck of a kid and I know he comes from a great family. I go to church with his Grandfather, Denny, and I know how proud of him he is. Not that it makes today any better, but the best advice I ever recieved from a coach was from coach Cobb. He said, "always remember your football days and enjoy that part of your life, but never let that part of your life define the rest of your days. Try and go out and make people remember you for what you have to offer today and not the past." It has stuck with me ever since. So tell Chase and the rest of those guys to be proud of what they accomplished and keep their heads up because they have so much more to accomplish in life.

PurpleNDN

81alum said:
I agree with your opinions and analysis. Not sure why we went for the long pass to endzone? Plenty of time left and didn't want to leave Dayton anytime. After 3 years of the same results, I think it's time for BF to let the defense have some of the top players and not load them all up on offense. Like the old saying goes Defense wins championships. We can't outscore everybody. Got to get a handle on the stupid penalties, they were a thorn in our side all year long. With all that being said thanks to the Seniors and underclassmen start busting butt for next year!
I agree that defense wins championships, but who on the offensive side of the ball do u think should have been playing defense this year? Ive gone over each offensive person in my head and cant think of who I would like to have seen on defense... I know of a couple of players that were offensive players all thru middle school and freshman years that they put on defense. Im not trying to argue just wanted your opinion on who they should have had on def.

hookem14

100+ Posts
PurpleNDN said:
81alum said:
I agree with your opinions and analysis. Not sure why we went for the long pass to endzone? Plenty of time left and didn't want to leave Dayton anytime. After 3 years of the same results, I think it's time for BF to let the defense have some of the top players and not load them all up on offense. Like the old saying goes Defense wins championships. We can't outscore everybody. Got to get a handle on the stupid penalties, they were a thorn in our side all year long. With all that being said thanks to the Seniors and underclassmen start busting butt for next year!
I agree that defense wins championships, but who on the offensive side of the ball do u think should have been playing defense this year? Ive gone over each offensive person in my head and cant think of who I would like to have seen on defense... I know of a couple of players that were offensive players all thru middle school and freshman years that they put on defense. Im not trying to argue just wanted your opinion on who they should have had on def.
I wondered the same thing. Who ?

ndn78

100+ Posts
Well "testament" I guess I had my eye's covered while playing for Ethridge and never been to any college or pro games so you know all about me. Just because I don't see everything thru purple lenses I have to to a bad person right. I don't care if it was my coach, Troy, Malone (Who was a dang good coach and was run out by the cult), Burnett or Faircloth when you make bad choices there is nothing wrong with getting called on it. If I make a bad choice at my job I expect to be called on it. Though my kids have been gone for years I am a Booster Club member, have made every banquet and will this year and support Faircloth and the staff. I have spoken with him several times and will support him as long as he is an Indian and think he is great for the kids but he has made some terrible choices this year as far as schemes. If you don't like my post don't read them. As I said great job by all the players and I hope some of them get a chance to move on because I will continue to support them.

Go PNG!

75NDNDB

I think we need to take it easy on some of the posters that had very little football experience or no experience. Just because some had no play time doesnt mean they dont undestand the game. Im sure there are some older fans, ex band members, and I can name a few, that have watched as much or more football as I have throughout the years and understand more about different strategies than I do. We cant throw it up in their face that since we played the game, we are exactly right. I understand this is coach Faircloths first head coaching gig and he has done an outstanding job in my book. Very good offensive coordinator. Imagine being a young man walking in to this and the tremendous pressure to win that has been put upon him. I wouldn't want the job. Also its good to disagree with each other on the forum. We are ALL armchair quarterbacks and coaches right? Thats what makes it a forum. When the dust settles we are still all one tribe setting elbow to elbow, year after year. Ive said enough. Allready thinking about next year. Enjoyed all of the input on this forum and gonna miss it.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
75NDNDB said:
I think we need to take it easy on some of the posters.... We are ALL armchair quarterbacks and coaches right? Thats what makes it a forum. When the dust settles we are still all one tribe setting elbow to elbow, year after year. Ive said enough. Allready thinking about next year. Enjoyed all of the input on this forum and gonna miss it.

I paraphrased the quote from 75NDNDB. I agree. A fun ride in 2011, looking forward to 2012, and I can't wait for Spring football when we can discuss the future stars of PN-G football.

75NDNDB...stay with us here at www.pngindians.com. You won't miss a thing. Plenty to discuss between now and Spring ball. All-District candidates, PN-G basketball, PN-G winter and spring sports, and come April/May we have PN-G football. Hope you come back often and soon. We need more discussion from students, alumni, and fans all year around. I enjoy reading the opinions and thoughts of all our posters...too many to name. ndn78 - stick with us and keep on posting. I reiterate what 75NDNDB said...we're all one big tribe.

Go Indians. Peace.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
I think reviewing this thread answers the question posted on a previous thread asking where certain individuals have gone and why they don't post anymore.

One of the things that I liked about this website, was the ability to come on here and give an opinion, ask a question or get a different perspective from another avid fan. I'm not sure when the tide turned and now - if you have a different perspective or opinion, then you don't know football or are questioned about your loyalty to PNG, the kids or it's coaches.

Most posts here seem to be from intelligent, well rounded individuals that usually praise the athletes and their accomplishments. Questioning a play call, strategy or simply stating you are disappointed with how the season ended too soon, is not a reason to call someones loyalty into question - but rather an opportunity for you (as an adult) to present a counter argument that will hopefully allow the situation to be seen from a different perspective.

Congratulations to all the students that were involved this year with PNG athletics and extra curricular activities. You all made a lot of people proud to be NDN'S!!

thetestament

ndn78 said:
Well "testament" I guess I had my eye's covered while playing for Ethridge and never been to any college or pro games so you know all about me. Just because I don't see everything thru purple lenses I have to to a bad person right. I don't care if it was my coach, Troy, Malone (Who was a dang good coach and was run out by the cult), Burnett or Faircloth when you make bad choices there is nothing wrong with getting called on it. If I make a bad choice at my job I expect to be called on it. Though my kids have been gone for years I am a Booster Club member, have made every banquet and will this year and support Faircloth and the staff. I have spoken with him several times and will support him as long as he is an Indian and think he is great for the kids but he has made some terrible choices this year as far as schemes. If you don't like my post don't read them. As I said great job by all the players and I hope some of them get a chance to move on because I will continue to support them.

Go PNG!

I completely agree that if bad choices were made then you as a poster have the right to state your opinion. In return, when you as a poster write an idiotic post saying that the kids had "little sideline help" all year long, then I as a poster have the right to defend our coaches by calling you out. Its not like you ever presented any evidence to support your point of view, you just threw something out there and I threw out a defense. If you don't like being called out, then support your statements with valid points. As a booster club member I would think you make some of those meetings where coach explains his game plans and play calling. If so, then pay attention so you can come on here and bring forth a valid opinion. I do not mind if you disagree with coach, but to say he was "little help" is just ridiculous.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
While not questioning BF's play calling at the end, I WAS curious as to why certain plays were called. Those questions were adequately answered tonight at the BC meeting. Those explanations prove even further that this man is seeing (and understanding) FAR more than we can know in the stands. I, for one, am even more thrilled than ever before, that this man and his vision, are on our side. If I were a coach, I sure wouldn't want to have to coach against him. We may not be winning all the games that we want to at the moment, but our chances are better now, than they have been for the past decade.

We are blessed to have him as our coach.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Fans are watching the ball... Faircloth is analyzing, reacting and looking to set up the opponent, making and taking advantage of opportunities. It's like a chess match for him.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
While not questioning BF's play calling at the end, I WAS curious as to why certain plays were called. Those questions were adequately answered tonight at the BC meeting. Those explanations prove even further that this man is seeing (and understanding) FAR more than we can know in the stands. I, for one, am even more thrilled than ever before, that this man and his vision, are on our side. If I were a coach, I sure wouldn't want to have to coach against him. We may not be winning all the games that we want to at the moment, but our chances are better now, than they have been for the past decade.

Amen!!!!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
One of the things that I liked about this website, was the ability to come on here and give an opinion, ask a question or get a different perspective from another avid fan. I'm not sure when the tide turned and now - if you have a different perspective or opinion, then you don't know football or are questioned about your loyalty to PNG, the kids or it's coaches

The tide didn't turn, your opinions are valued and appreciated. That has never changed since the beginning.

Yes, blatant, critical posts often get blasted. Everyone has a unique opinion, sees things through a different filter.
I am as guilty as anyone for going off on some people like 'crittergitter' who absolutely made no sense with his shortsighted criticism. But I hope you can see that ALL opinions have been allowed here. Even the extremely controversial. This is the US of A and you always have the opportunity to defend your passions here. But as always, advice to all is be prepared to back up your opinions and don't take disagreement too personally.

ndn78

100+ Posts
testament I did make my statement sound as if I meant all year long and for that I apologize, your right I should have mentioned the specific games and have spoken with coach about one of them. I do attend the Booster Club Mtgs when I can (I was there tonight) and would never make a negative comment in that venue, not the time or place. You can bet your last dollar when the time is appropriate I will ask coach about his thoughts against Dayton in certain situations.

As I said before I support him and hope he stays for quite a while, I also know he has done special things for players that would not have excelled without him, whether it's Faircloth or whomever I will question them in certain situations. I see no problem with that and think many Will not do it, they choose to be afraid of going against the grain and facing the wrath of others. Can't wait till next year.

Go PNG!

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
thetestament said:
ndn78 said:

Go PNG!

I completely agree that if bad choices were made then you as a poster have the right to state your opinion. In return, when you as a poster write an idiotic post saying that the kids had "little sideline help" all year long, then I as a poster have the right to defend our coaches by calling you out. Its not like you ever presented any evidence to support your point of view, you just threw something out there and I threw out a defense. If you don't like being called out, then support your statements with valid points. As a booster club member I would think you make some of those meetings where coach explains his game plans and play calling. If so, then pay attention so you can come on here and bring forth a valid opinion. I do not mind if you disagree with coach, but to say he was "little help" is just ridiculous.
I agree, testament. I think Faircloth is doing a great job. Do I agree with every call he makes? No, but I trust that he knows what he is doing and has reasons for his decisions. Like IndianFan said, most fans watch the ball and don't realize what all is going on and why the calls are made based on defensive fronts, coverages, personnel, tendencies, etc. So many hours are put in by these coaches breaking down and watching film, gameplanning, implementing the game plan with the kids and there is a rhyme and reason for what they call whether we see it or not. The perfect play can be called, but all it takes is one player to miss a block, slip or mis- read his key and all people see is the ball and think..wow, that was a stupid play. Anyone that will sit down with a varsity coach for a few minutes will realize that these guys know the game at a different level. nd78..you are welcome to your opinion, but when you state it like you did, you can expect some backlash. You may expect to be called out at your job if you make a bad decision, but the person who does that would proably have an in-depth understanding of your job and is qualified to make that judgement. Unless you are or have been a varsity coach recently, I don't think you have the ability to make that kind of blanket assesment.

bark

1,000+ Posts
[Yes, blatant, critical posts often get blasted. Everyone has a unique opinion, sees things through a different filter.
I am as guilty as anyone for going off on some people like 'crittergitter' who absolutely made no sense with his shortsighted criticism. But I hope you can see that ALL opinions have been allowed here. Even the extremely controversial. This is the US of A and you always have the opportunity to defend your passions here. But as always, advice to all is be prepared to back up your opinions and don't take disagreement too personally.
[/quote]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ndn78

100+ Posts
rock44 did you see any of the parts of my post praising what all the coaches have done. I have no problem with backlash or I would never post, did I choose my wording incorrectly, yes and I apologized for that. I do not have to explain my experience with coaching to anyone or passion for PNG, I follow every kid that moves on the the next level spending my time and money to support them. Like I said in the correct environment I talk with the coaches. Like the old saying, opinions are like A H's and I have mine, might not be right but I do have the right to voice them. I support every athletic team at PNG and have for years and will continue. I think this topic is done.....till next year! ;D Hope you and everyone else has a good holiday season!

Go PNG!

shovelhead

100+ Posts
Lots of good posts here. When we, as parents and fans, make comments on the game, there are some who take those comments personally and critically. While there are very few posts criticizing the kids themselves, any comment against the team or coach is taken to heart. I try to keep my posts positive. I dont ever want to see a child hurt by what they percieve as sharp criticism. As Indian fans, we are spoiled to seeing good football year after year. As long as coach Faircloth is at the helm, I believe we will continue to do so. Congrats to the Indians on a wonderful season. Yes, it ended too soon, but we'll be back next year.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
PNG Proud said:

PNG PROUD -- Great post. I think that one disadvantage of supporters from around the state is that we can not attend the the booster club meetings.

It would be great to eventually see a "coaches corner" section added to this website that could allow PN-G coaches (both JV and Varsity) to give their perspectives on past games and point out accomplishments that the team has made from game to game. Just an idea..

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
ndn78 said:
rock44 did you see any of the parts of my post praising what all the coaches have done. I have no problem with backlash or I would never post, did I choose my wording incorrectly, yes and I apologized for that. I do not have to explain my experience with coaching to anyone or passion for PNG, I follow every kid that moves on the the next level spending my time and money to support them. Like I said in the correct environment I talk with the coaches. Like the old saying, opinions are like A H's and I have mine, might not be right but I do have the right to voice them. I support every athletic team at PNG and have for years and will continue. I think this topic is done.....till next year! ;D Hope you and everyone else has a good holiday season!

Go PNG!
I had posted it before you made your last post. Like I said, you have the right to your opinion, it was just that your first post seemed extremely harsh. Once again, I am just as much a Monday morning QB as anyone sometimes. That is part of the fun of football is the "what ifs" and people who really love football all have some "if I were the coach" in them. ESPN and sports talk radio would be pretty boring if we all agreed with all the coaches. One thing for all of us to remember is that Faircloth is a very young head coach and this is only his 3rd year as "THE MAN". He will develop his identity more as he gets more experience. He will only get better at clock management, in game adjustments, situational calls and managing his coaches and team on gameday.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Bottom line, Brandon Faicloth is a hell'uva good coach. And he is going to put people on his staff that he trusts to do the job. I hope he's here for decades to come.

Coaches are used to being second guessed. Aren't we all? ;D Just keep it fair and constructive.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores