Tepee for new Indian Stadium

squaw

1,000+ Posts
My grandmother was born in IT, Oklahoma (Indian Territory--Oklahoma wasn't a state then). It is now Vinita, OK. My great-grandfather ran the first newspaper in the Territory/State. Later he was personal secretary to the first governor of Oklahoma. His name was French Stanton Evans Amos (F.S.E. Amos). I own some very interesting artifacts from that time.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Darn, PNGFan93, and I was just beginning to get attached to you! ;D "Prehistoric"? Do you really think I'm THAT old?? :eek:

NONS81

Once again, or at least I think I have said this before. We were OFFICIALLY adopted by the Cherokee Nation as Ambassadors of Goodwill. The Chief said and has said many times that they would never make us change our name. With that being said, a new Chief may have a different opiinion. I know I agreed with the teepee thing, but we could always run any ideas that we have by them and ask if our ideas are demeaning or offensive before we do them. The painting of the telephone ipolse is something I see nothing wroing with. We have a totem pole on camupus, so i see

squaw

1,000+ Posts
That's a great idea. In fact, maybe we could just state that we wanted to add more things to honor their heritage and maybe they could suggest some things for us to do. It would also be great if a representative of their tribal counsel could be present for our first football game in the new reservation. Like another said, maybe even have authentic Indian dancers.

NDN34

Squaw, my mother was born in Vinita, Ok. She wasn't of indian ancestory, but we do have some indian ancestory from my father's side of the family. Strange coincidence..........

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores