Texas City @ PN-G

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Really needed this one for both the standings and confidence. Did not play very well overall on offense but had some flashes. Played well overall on defense but had some lapses. And the mistakes continue to pile up. Could be a really good team if we could just clean (a bunch of) things up.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
We’ve got to stop giving up the big plays on defense. 4 big plays was all of TC offense.

Offensive needs to stop trying to throw 20 yard passes and start throwing more quick 5 yard passes and a couple screens

Specials teams I’ll just leave it there.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
It seems like we don’t throw enough quick “ball control” type passes nowadays. Makes the passing game too one dimensional. And after chatagnier came in and provided a big lift for the running game he suddenly disappeared and was not seen again. Admittedly Nguyen also had some good runs, but why not keep them guessing with a different back? IMO we have the weapons on offense but are not always using them wisely. It makes particularly little sense that our passing game could be so much worse than it was last year.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I know there is still plenty of time to put things together, but it is frustrating to see what appears to he wasted potential.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It seems like we don’t throw enough quick “ball control” type passes nowadays. Makes the passing game too one dimensional. And after chatagnier came in and provided a big lift for the running game he suddenly disappeared and was not seen again. Admittedly Nguyen also had some good runs, but why not keep them guessing with a different back? IMO we have the weapons on offense but are not always using them wisely. It makes particularly little sense that our passing game could be so much worse than it was last year.
#15 fumbled the ball and didn't go back in.

Passing Game:
Crippen is making too many bad throws and is indecisive too often. It seems he has lost some confidence. I wish he would pull the ball down and run when he has open field or at least to buy some time. That's better than just heaving the ball and giving up ints. The offensive line can do a better job of pass protecting too. Coach Faircloth's greatest contribution may have been as the QB coach. Something is missing now.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I know there is still plenty of time to put things together, but it is frustrating to see what appears to he wasted potential.
Last time that situation existed, wasted offensive talent, was the Burnett years. But too early to give up on anything yet. A lot of the mistakes tonight was on the players.

Indian99

500+ Posts
#15 fumbled the ball and didn't go back in.

Passing Game:
Crippen is making too many bad throws and is indecisive too often. It seems he has lost some confidence. I wish he would pull the ball down and run when he has open field or at least to buy some time. That's better than just heaving the ball and giving up ints. The offensive line can do a better job of pass protecting too. Coach Faircloth's greatest contribution may have been as the QB coach. Something is missing now.
Agreed. Went to the game tonight and it was hard to watch the offense at times. Just was very hit and miss all night. They either came out on fire or were complete duds. Very weird game tonight indeed.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Next week we have a good practice game to get things straight before we bring in the Dayton team that just defeated Nederland

100+ Posts
Several injured players on sidelines tonight.
I saw two or three players on crutches, another not suited up, and Reed was there in a wheel chair (and I feel so bad for him). Also one cheerleader on crutches, and perhaps also an Indianette, and at least one twirler wearing a knee brace. Did I miss anyone?
Heck of a game. The kind that'll drive you crazy. But, they won.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This was a Texas City team that practically scored at will for 2 years outscoring the Indians an average of 55-38. This year we gave up 4 plays, and put the brakes on them the rest of the game and cut their scoring in half. Huge improvement by the defense.

The offense is still trying to find it's legs. But when they do play to their potential, it sure looks good. The offense can be fixed. It's up to the players to play better.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores