Texas City @ PN-G

100+ Posts
Thanks. Per the PA News article posted up above:
Up next… Port Neches-Groves hits the road next Saturday, Oct. 8, for a 1 p.m. game at Fort Bend Willowridge. Texas City returns home to host state-ranked Fort Bend Marshall for a 7 p.m. game next Friday.

— By Daucy Crizer, Special to the News

Perhaps they were looking at last week's game time.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Appreciate this article. Where can you find the final game stats?

Also, is next week's game at Fort Bend at 1:00? Or in PN at 7:00. I've seen both times and places listed on various sites.
Poor Man Stats here…

The Indians had around 350 yards of offense. That’s with running on about 6 out of 8 cylinders.

Texas City also had about 350 yard of total offense. But here’s the kicker. 240 of that was on 4 plays! Their average per down was probably only 2 yards the rest of the game!
Those long plays can be stopped but a fast team will always present a challenge.
Tighten up a few things and this defense is tough as nails. Same thing in the Marshall game.

Cut out the special team and offensive mistakes and that Texas City score is more like a 49-21 win.

Chief1987

That very well should have been the halftime score. Texas City was not that good. Definitely got to clean up the self inflicted mistakes. It’s a W and I’ll take it.

indians87

Coach Joseph was as mad as I've ever seen him so far, after the last time out on 4th down during the last minute of the game. He was very angry, but I didn't see what got him fired up.

As far as the two middle linebackers, they did a great job stepping up for Nick and Seth.
Coach Joseph was mad because #14 for TC was supposed to be ejected but was out on defense our last two drives. The refs didn’t do anything to remove him.

indians87

Thanks. Per the PA News article posted up above:
Up next… Port Neches-Groves hits the road next Saturday, Oct. 8, for a 1 p.m. game at Fort Bend Willowridge. Texas City returns home to host state-ranked Fort Bend Marshall for a 7 p.m. game next Friday.

— By Daucy Crizer, Special to the News

Perhaps they were looking at last week's game time.
This week is at home against FB Willowridge. Good ole PU News. PNG’s next two games are at home. Don’t know how we pulled off three district games in a row at home but they did.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Coach Joseph was mad because #14 for TC was supposed to be ejected but was out on defense our last two drives. The refs didn’t do anything to remove him.
#14 probably had his a** handed to him all night within the game rules. Maybe he had too many servings of pancake and syrup. Hope Joseph appeals to the UIL and that player is held out of a game.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
#14 probably had his a** handed to him all night within the game rules. Maybe he had too many servings of pancake and syrup. Hope Joseph appeals to the UIL and that player is held out of a game.
Has TC always played a dirty style of football? Watching a replay of the game I was blown away with their conduct???....

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
This week is at home against FB Willowridge. Good ole PU News. PNG’s next two games are at home. Don’t know how we pulled off three district games in a row at home but they did.
I heard the FBW game was initially scheduled to be at FBW but it was moved due to a crowded schedule at their stadiums (one of them closed for renovations).

prepballfan

Staff member
The decision to move the game here was made shortly after season tickets were renewed. I had to go back and purchase those afterwards

prepballfan

Staff member
Can this be done on line? (ie, adding a game to a season ticket)
I am not sure, if it is possible it is the same process for renewing. Just go onto Payk12 and pull up your account and see if its available.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
The FBW game should’ve been automatically added to all season ticket holder accounts already. It showed up in my account shortly after it was changed to a home game.
Can this be done on line? (ie, adding a game to a season ticket)

prepballfan

Staff member
The FBW game should’ve been automatically added to all season ticket holder accounts already. It showed up in my account shortly after it was changed to a home game.
You still have to pay for the game

100+ Posts
Has TC always played a dirty style of football? Watching a replay of the game I was blown away with their conduct???....
Every team we've played this season has had some foul plays, some worse than others. I'm not sure if TC was the worst, they may have been. I don't recall any out-of-control unsportsmanlike issues in the past with them in particular, but last Friday they simply lost control during the final minutes. It took several flags to be thrown before their coach finally called the entire team to the sideline. (Of course, I have no idea what he actually said to his team, but hopefully he told them them to cool it if they had any hopes of getting the ball and scoring again.)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
No doubt football is a game for tough guys. The strong will prevail. But there is no room in the game for activities like the TC player kicking the PNG’s #65 in the head, or the play where 3 TC players ganged up on #48 to rough him up. Or the many plays where Memorial was throwing blind side blocks, standing over players, using the throat slash movement or hits to the head. That is not football. There is zero tolerance for any of that in the NFL or NCAA. Officials need to penalize that kind of play every time and eject the player if extreme. And that goes for PNG players too if they do it.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores