The Greatest Rivaly in Texas Mid County Maddness

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Just a portion of the Bob West article in the P.A. News.

Bob West
Discussion
October 1, 2011
FSS Football Friday struck TV gold with Mid-County Madness

Bob West The Port Arthur News

PORT ARTHUR —

As far as Fox Sports Southwest’s High School Football Friday crew was concerned, Mid-County Madness, with a big assist from Bum and Wade Phillips, delivered the most memorable program in the show’s brief history. “It was everything I told them it would be and more,” said Jim Barton, who now works with the Fox Sports High School Football Friday team and sold them on bringing the weekly statewide show to Port Neches. “They said the PN-G folks were the most hospitable they’ve ever dealt with, right down to Billy Joe Butler bringing them barbecue,” added Barton. “They just ate Bum and Wade up. There was just so much energy and excitement around the entire evening. I promise they were blown away with the atmosphere and how big that game is. I can’t imagine we’ll go anywhere in Texas that can even come close to matching this.” . . . Barton, incidentally, plans to piece together a DVD of everything on the show involving Mid-County Madness — player and coach interviews, the time Bum and Wade were on the set, some terrific Houston Oiler footage that rolled when Bum was being interviewed, game cut-ins and band performances and put it up on the Port Arthur News website. He would not, however, be pinned down on how soon that will be ready. We’ll keep you posted, because it’s something anybody with even the slightest interest in Mid-County Madness is going to want to see. Meanwhile, the Port Arthur News Friday Night Experience telecast of the game should be posted by early afternoon Monday.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Respect your opinion. Keep posting, most of us enjoy the back and forth, so to speak and I know we ALL have PNG at heart and what is best for the kids. I believe Fairclothe is one heck of a coach and human being. I know my family is 100% behind him and are thankful he and his present and past coaches are/were here too.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
bark said:
Respect your opinion. Keep posting, most of us enjoy the back and forth, so to speak and I know we ALL have PNG at heart and what is best for the kids. I believe Fairclothe is one heck of a coach and human being. I know my family is 100% behind him and are thankful he and his present and past coaches are/were here too.

As well as mine!!!!! Behind Faircloth 150%!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
All of my family and friends are behind Coach Faircloth 100% also. Since I joined the Booster Club, I have discovered why certain people hired him and what a great leader and offensive genius he is. I believe, with all my heart, that he wanted to win this ballgame as bad as we did. I'm done crying and being upset---now lets go get Lumberton! I did have a family member from that other town that said they whipped our a_____, but all I said was "lets see what you can do against Livingston." Wish I could watch two games at once this week.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
More like squeeked by. Very few times has Nederland ever 'whipped' PNG. Even in the down years.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores