The Greatest Rivaly in Texas Mid County Maddness

bark

1,000+ Posts
OldEagle said:
The Bmt Enterprise already id'd the boys a couple of days ago. Having said that their names never should have been placed in a newspaper.
no courtesy

bark

1,000+ Posts
anyone remember the Bumaruskey play? We practiced it in 74/75/76. It's illegal now. Thought it would be neat to run it while Bum was watching the game.

ndn2006

Saw some purple and white feathers and paper in front of the Nederland Stadium. At least they are being somewhat nice with the things they do to each other these days. I remember hearing stories of painting on the football fields and things of that nature. But it's good to have fun with the rivalry for sure.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
I agree...thoses kids names never should have been made public...same holds true whther it's Ned, PNG, LCM,Vidor etc.... I'm assuming some, if not most involved, were minors...nothing gained by anyone by posting the names. Not a class move by anyone involved in making the names public.

On to MCM...being the great traditional rivaly that it is, I'd throw the all the records, stats and everything else out the window. ALL of the kids playing will leave everything they have on the field. ALL of the kids will play this game like they will no other in the season. This is what makes MCM so great. Look forward to a fantastic night of football and pageantry and hope ALL the kids walk off the fied without injury. Good Luck Indians.

ndn78

100+ Posts
I agree ydawg, even if there considered adult age no need to post names would not want that for any team or family.

Hope it's good show for Bum & Wade, saw Bum at PNG street sign unavailing, still sounded sharp. Good luck to all.

Go PNG!

kevintran

what the heck is up with this coach why go for it on 4 and 1 take the damn field goal tie the game n take it into overtime n stick it to them....another thing what happen to smash mouth football png is known for apparently spread offense isn't goin to work in this district with these good defensive teams I say we go ahead n start looking for a new head coach because this one isn't cuttin it...maybe if he would have called some different plays instead of the 5 plays he has in his book we would have beat Nederland

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
The spread offense is okay, but when you only target 2 players on offense the other team key on them, Coach needs to learn theres other players.

We lost in every fundemental parts of the game. Coaching, offense, defense and special teams.

We had them 3rd and 8 with 1:20 left in the game everyone in the stadium knew they were going to run outside (because we cannot stop runs on the corners), but our coaches and our defense.

indian17

What most of you arm chair QB's don't understand is that alot of the plays have at least 2-3 options for the QB and he is the one making the decisions most of the time. Why don't some of you go to the booster club meetings then you can ask your questions and vent until your blue in the face. I agree with the call to go for it on 4th down, I just think we need to have bertrand run the ball. Tonight the team as a whole did not play like they are capable and even with that they had a chance to win. We killed ourselves on offense with too many penalties. We just need to regroup again like last year and win out. Good thing is this year all the 20-4A teams are not very strong. I was not too impressed wit Nederland tonight except for their defensive line. They were giving us fits all night.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
indian17 said:
What most of you arm chair QB's don't understand is that alot of the plays have at least 2-3 options for the QB and he is the one making the decisions most of the time. Why don't some of you go to the booster club meetings then you can ask your questions and vent until your blue in the face. I agree with the call to go for it on 4th down, I just think we need to have bertrand run the ball. Tonight the team as a whole did not play like they are capable and even with that they had a chance to win. We killed ourselves on offense with too many penalties. We just need to regroup again like last year and win out. Good thing is this year all the 20-4A teams are not very strong. I was not too impressed wit Nederland tonight except for their defensive line. They were giving us fits all night.

I think the big mess up was the 3rd and 2 call. We get in the wildcat. Everyone on the planet knows Bertrand is going to get the ball. If we were to just have Miller in the backfield on that play, it would have kept the D honest.

I'm not so sure about the 4th and 1 either. We called a time out, they stacked the box, and we run a QB sneak behind the backup center (as 74 moved from center to right guard after 75 went down). I would have played it conservative and kicked. BUT, if I were going to burn a timeout right there, I would not have let 25 seconds run off the clock, I would have at least lined up and tried to make the D jump.

On another note, those 2 plays don't "make or break" the game. We killed ourselves with penalties and not throwing the ball away. Our O-line couldn't sustain blocks and Miller held the ball too long on multiple occassions getting sacked. This put us in some 2nd/3rd and long.

75NDNDB

I don't think we should have tried the 4th and 1 QB sneak with Miller FROM THE SHOTGUN! Wow! Penalties continue to plague us. Personal fouls, offsides, holding.....seems we still haven't improved on these fundamental mistakes. We came out flat and Nederland capitalized. Whats worrying is that we will struggle with every district game this year if we cant fix some basic problems. Offensively, Defensively and play calling. I have faith that it can be done with all the talent we have at the rez. This was a big game for us and I'm a bit disappointed at the performance tonight. Drove back from a trip to Colorado in time to make the game. Just expected more...

PNGALWAYS

A quarterback "sneak" from the shotgun kinda defeats the purpose of a quarterback "sneak," as it involves a relatively slow developing play. I would have preferred either a real quarterback sneak or another try with Chase. This play constituted my only real gripe about the play calling, which I thought was mostly pretty good. However, it did cost us the game in my opinion. As far as the rest of the season goes I do not think there is any reason to panic at this point, but we are definitely running out of time to correct our apparent propensity to make costly mistakes.

bark

1,000+ Posts
indian17 said:
indian 17 in reference to "arm chair Qb's" what is your coaching experiance?

Have you ever coached a High School Varsity game?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I agree with the call to go for it and not send it into OT. We had the momentum, and were moving the ball well. Who in the world would have thought that we wouldn't get 1 yard on a play??? I would have gone for it too.

PNGALWAYS

I agree with the decision to go for it, as it involves playing to win. However, I think the play that was called was one of the worst possible given the situation.

indian17

Hey Bark,

No coaching experience, never stated I had any. I have only been a player for PNG years ago.

I was just using the arm chair QB's as a reference and I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but some people tend to criticize play calling (Justafan's post about targeting two players) when they haven't ever played a down of football or even understand our offensive system.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
indian17 said:
Hey Bark,

No coaching experience, never stated I had any. I have only been a player for PNG years ago.

I was just using the arm chair QB's as a reference and I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but some people tend to criticize play calling (Justafan's post about targeting two players) when they haven't ever played a down of football or even understand our offensive system.

You don't have any idea who I am, but trust me I played my share of football and understand the game. I am not blaming the coaching for the loss Friday night, but I do question the play selection on 4th down.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Pics. The atmosphere that is "MID COUNTY MADNESS".

PNG vendors prepare for the crowd. That's our Booster Club outside drink station.
DSCF1428.jpg

The awaiting PN-G fans.
DSCF1431.jpg

The Fox Sports S.W. Booth. They had to be impressed.
DSCF1435.jpg

Fans heading to their seats on both sides.
DSCF1442.jpg

What a view.
DSCF1453.jpg

Awesome Crowd!!!!
DSCF1464.jpg

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Now for a shout out to all the student volunteers, sponsors, food vendors, booster club members who have contributed to this first year of the booster club having the home concession stand.

McAlister's outside Tea Crew.
DSCF1438.jpg

Thanks to all the PN-G fans for having dinner at The Reservation and supporting our kids.
DSCF1460.jpg

The Fast and Furious working student volunteers, sponsors, booster club members.
DSCF1447.jpg

Food venders providing Chickfila, Pizza Inn, BBQ, student taking orders, fans getting food.
DSCF1450.jpg

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Very impressive facilities and people. There is much to be thankful for in Port Neches and Groves, TX.

Thanks for the photos NDNBand69. Please keep them coming.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores