The Head Coach Speculation Thread

19cherokee90

19cherokee90 said:
Man its so hard to talk about this stuff...you know most all of us know or have family friends of somebody somehow involved in some way shape or form. When ya think about it..thats what makes PNG so great...Im with you two post above...I really dont think a whole lot of changes need to be made...HC and OC and maybe move some guys around to coach things they have more experience in and get this thing rolling. I may be biased...but man i sure like Satcher here...he'll bring exactly what people have been screaming for years....we would be watching college systems at the high school level...thats the thing with Satcher...he is ALWAYS staying on top of the latest and greatest. You know if im not mistaken...with Ethridge, Troy, Burnett you pretty much got one scheme day one when they entered and was running atleast a variance of that same scheme when they left. Nothing bad about that,,hey if something works why fix it?? Howvere..Its important to me that we get a coach who will change with the times and stay one step ahead of the rest of the area teams. You may get this with these other names??? Maybe?? Not sure?? I know ya get this with Satch.

When I say a HC needs to be changed....it's because the position is open..Im a Burnett fan and he should have been able to stay till he choose to leave.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
There's another former PN-G player out there that coached receivers for the high octane, spread offense at Marshall University. He's now the offensive coordinator at a nearby high school. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Tim Nunez is a good one. Dwayne Nunez, who also coached at Marshall U., is down the highway at Barbers Hill. Both are offensive minded coaches who know how to score. And both have authored training video to teach the spread offense.

I don't know if Tim Nunez is still coaching. But he's another one of the many PNG exes that have done great things in the high school and college ranks as coaches. (And another reason Doug Ethridge won so much in the 70s.)

Either or both would take a lot of pride in getting the PNG program back where it needs to be. Tim Nunez has the resume and proven experience that is tough to overlook.

There's another one out there that I won't even speculate about. But if he were to apply for the job, I think he'd get it.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan said:
There's another one out there that I won't even speculate about. But if he were to apply for the job, I think he'd get it.

C'mon man, don't leave them hanging. :)

tiger27

Im not sure what this job is going to pay but it better be high if they want an expeirienced coach with a good resume. Dodge would never come. Couldnt even come close to what he was making at Southlake. I agree with a few others: Craig Stump would be an excellent choice.

pngfan1

BWS said:
IndianFan said:
Tim Nunez is a good one. Dwayne Nunez, who also coached at Marshall U., is down the highway at Barbers Hill. Both are offensive minded coaches who know how to score. And both have authored training video to teach the spread offense.

I don't know if Tim Nunez is still coaching. But he's another one of the many PNG exes that have done great things in the high school and college ranks as coaches. (And another reason Doug Ethridge won so much in the 70s.)

Either or both would take a lot of pride in getting the PNG program back where it needs to be. Tim Nunez has the resume and proven experience that is tough to overlook.

I spoke to a very accomplished coach this morning that I have previously posted information about. He is interested. The timing is a little bad because they are dedicating their stadium to him after a major renovation . A coach as accomplished as he is is not going to follow the normal procedure of filling out an application and actively pursuing an interview. Someone involved in the interview process would have to contact him initially. This does not only apply to him, but all coaches of his caliber. PNG cannot simply sit back and pick from the resumes that are submitted. Similar to college recruitment of blue chip athletes...the great ones have to be pursued.

I hope the right person sees this, I know you are talking about Danaher from Calallen. Come on guys this would be major, I hope someone would at least approach him.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
BWS said:
A coach as accomplished as he is is not going to follow the normal procedure of filling out an application and actively pursuing an interview. Someone involved in the interview process would have to contact him initially.

He was making $94,118 in 2005, adjusting for inflation (CPI index) that is $102,370 in todays dollars. I'm just guessing it would take at least 110k to get someone like that. If he can express interest to you he can certainly express interest to PNGISD; if he cannot make a phone call he can stay where he is. - JMO

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
I never said that coaches were dreaming of coming here nor did I say that the coach had to be someone who grew up here or went to school here. I don't have a dog in this hunt.

If a professional is interested in a position then express it. If there is not enough interest to make the phone call then some would reasonably question about the level of interest or, if there is any interest to begin with.

If you want to contact the selection committee on his behalf then by all means do so, but don't expect the committee to treat the statements on a messageboard by anon posters as legitimate leads. I'm not knocking the anon part, that is the nature of the board. If you know this coach personally and would like to see him considered and would like to relay his interest then you may contact Dr. Lani Randall at lrandall@pngisd.org

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Danaher would be a tremendous catch for PNG. He trails only Gordon Wood and G.A. Moore in all-time wins.

pngfan1

IndianFan said:
Danaher would be a tremendous catch for PNG. He trails on Gordon Wood and G.A. Moore is all-time wins.
I agree this guy is a coach in the caliber of Gordon Wood, Art Briles,Todd Dodge..... in fact he leads the last two in record. If this kind of coach is even a remote possibility it would be in our best interest to pursue even if it meant talking to him first. I can understand coaches wanting to be able to say to their current school that PNG contacted me and I listened to the offer. If he were to apply and for some crazy reason get passed by, where would that leave him with his current players?

I would love to think Danaher would even consider leading the Indians. That would be awesome. I have been on other boards and people from other teams are definitely worried about us getting the coach that will build a major program. Could you imagine a coach of Danahers caliber? I would love to hear the rumblings from the rest of 20 4A.

Gumbeaux

pngfan1 said:
IndianFan said:
Danaher would be a tremendous catch for PNG. He trails on Gordon Wood and G.A. Moore is all-time wins.
I agree this guy is a coach in the caliber of Gordon Wood, Art Briles,Todd Dodge..... in fact he leads the last two in record. If this kind of coach is even a remote possibility it would be in our best interest to pursue even if it meant talking to him first. I can understand coaches wanting to be able to say to their current school that PNG contacted me and I listened to the offer. If he were to apply and for some crazy reason get passed by, where would that leave him with his current players?

I would love to think Danaher would even consider leading the Indians. That would be awesome. I have been on other boards and people from other teams are definitely worried about us getting the coach that will build a major program. Could you imagine a coach of Danahers caliber? I would love to hear the rumblings from the rest of 20 4A.

I would totally agree with this statement as bigtime coaches can not just fill out and application and call...Can you imagine how bad they would get drug across the coals in their local community if that got out and they were not selected for the position....These type candidates can have loyal persons call board members or selection committee members to show interest, however they need the "pursuing" so that it never would come back that they went "seeking"...Its the business....Not the same as just an average joe going apply for a job....

I think we all need to put our guess out there...Give everyone two guesses and see who takes the pot!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores