Things that went wrong during Ozen game

phetonb

This year has been amazing and fun to watch. Our coaches are teaching from the mistakes that are made, and our players respond and improve. Keep that up, and it will be a long playoff run. All the players play with class, and Harmon, never gives up. The extra yards he fights for make a difference, and he gives all the credit to his OL. Those guys are great!! Where does the hole need to be...OK, there it is. Receivers making blocks down field. Doty hitting his targets. WOW. Our Defense is amazing. I can't say enough about all of those players. What effort they play with.

Just don't stop working to IMPROVE. Keep striving to get better, and 2009 will be a season to remember for many years to come. The games the next 7 weeks will only get tougher. We have the team that gets tougher each week, and we shall prevail.

GO INDIANS!!!

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
yankeedawg said:
Cheermom4 said:
From reading this post someone is ALWAYS going to have something to complain about no matter how GOOD the boys play. GEEZ

I agree 100%...With the new stadium, new coaching staff, gifted athletes, renewed spirit, the 9-0 record and good chances of going deep into the playoffs, I think ya'll are truly blessed and have virtually nothing of substance to complain about.

Just 1 Dawg's opinion..

Agree 100%. This season is already on par with any 9 games PN-G has ever played. The defense is pretty incredible with a pass defense that PN-G has not had in possibly decades. And the run defense is not too shabby either. On offense we've got a record setting running back, an offensive line that may be better than any ever to play here, a stable of receivers like nothing PN-G has ever seen, and the pink elephant in the room that no one has mentioned. QB Brennan Doty is the 2009 version of Dustin Long.

And the coaching staff's accomplishments are well described.

I don't think it could get much better than this for PN-G.
Shoot wait till next year, I think he is just getting started!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
NDNfan#1 said:
IndianFan said:
yankeedawg said:
Cheermom4 said:
From reading this post someone is ALWAYS going to have something to complain about no matter how GOOD the boys play. GEEZ

I agree 100%...With the new stadium, new coaching staff, gifted athletes, renewed spirit, the 9-0 record and good chances of going deep into the playoffs, I think ya'll are truly blessed and have virtually nothing of substance to complain about.

Just 1 Dawg's opinion..

Agree 100%. This season is already on par with any 9 games PN-G has ever played. The defense is pretty incredible with a pass defense that PN-G has not had in possibly decades. And the run defense is not too shabby either. On offense we've got a record setting running back, an offensive line that may be better than any ever to play here, a stable of receivers like nothing PN-G has ever seen, and the pink elephant in the room that no one has mentioned. QB Brennan Doty is the 2009 version of Dustin Long.

And the coaching staff's accomplishments are well described.

I don't think it could get much better than this for PN-G.
Shoot wait till next year, I think he is just getting started!

No doubt. He's got a strong, accurate arm that may be as good or better than Long's. Time will tell.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
yankeedawg said:
yankeedawg said:
Cheermom4 said:

Just 1 Dawg's opinion..

I posted that with no disrespect intended...many teams would give their left arm...and leg, to be in the position ya'll are in.

None taken......I cheer on those dogs too and wish them much luck next week.

Indian99

500+ Posts
That's a very bold prediction. Dustin could throw very, very hard. He jammed many fingers throwing to the receivers during practice (2 of my own), and also broke another receivers finger. It was not a pretty sight to see a guy's finger at a 90 degree angle.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Indian99 said:
That's a very bold prediction. Dustin could throw very, very hard. He jammed many fingers throwing to the receivers during practice (2 of my own), and also broke another receivers finger. It was not a pretty sight to see a guy's finger at a 90 degree angle.

Breaking receivers fingers isn't a positive attribute at all. ;D

Doty can zip the ball pretty well himself. Mobile, tall, sees the field well, strong, accurate arm, makes good decisions most of the time... And he throws on the move in either direction as well as I've seen at any level. His numbers aren't as high as Long's were in his junior season, but that's because PNG 2009 is more run oriented with Harmon in the backfield. But his accuracy is 5% better than Long's junior numbers.
He's a very good QB with even more upside.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores