This team should be 4-1....

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
png tribe said:
I know for a fact that Lunceford was upset that people were leaving. I thought everyone was leaving pretty early. If not for an errant snap, who know's what would have happened. I thought the crowd was pretty dead. I seen several time's where the cheerleader's were trying to get the crowd involved with no luck and she turned to the other cheerleader and said they suck. So PNGGROW isn't insinuating anything. Anyone can behind their team when everything is going good, it's when are going bad that our player's need the fan's most. Player's shouldn't have to beg for people to get up and cheer.
THANK YOU !

I dont usually get into the "point the finger" threads...but Lunceford may have been upset at his own family....I was sitting in the same section and they were some of the first ones to leave...just saying. GO INDIANS...I always stay till the end...Win or Lose...But thats just me. To each his own.

There are fans who were born and raised purple and those who got here just as fast as they could and still bleed the same purple blood as those of us who went to school here all of our lives. Some of the latter group "walk the walk" just as well as anybody. Birthrite doesn't make one an Indian. That comes from deep within your heart, it becomes who you are, and what you stand for. The Honor, Pride, and Tradition that adorns the pressbox is the creed that you live by.

So that there can be no misunderstanding, I support this coaching staff 100+%. We have a different group of young men on the field this year than we did last year. Perhaps that is the difference in the record but these guys are giving it their all every Friday night and they deserve that we give it our all in the stands. As I said in an earlier post, I plan to keep on walking.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG NDN Fan said:
attakapandn said:
Justafan i am with you on this , its always gets me upset when the parents of the band leave the game after halftime! How would they feel if we left the stands before halftime and come back at teh start of the 3rd qtr? i like you have no child football, band, indianettes etc but will support the kids, team, school, casue i enjoy the friday night experence! And now with the weather getting cooler it starting to fell like FOOTBALL time!

Happens all the time, there has always been number of fans that decide to go down to concession stands during halftime to get refreshments. They are more interested in football and not the band, but that is the way they choose to enjoy the experience and, as former band member, never faulted them for doing so. Honestly I never really noticed when I was on the field because my focus was on the performance for myself and my bandmates.

Same for the football players.

bandkid

Staff member
I've remained silent on this issue, but I do feel that I need to say this: Nederland made WAY more noise than we did. I thought our crowd was just a little quiet until I got to the track right before halftime and realized that Nederland's fans were making all the noise they could make and the PN-G side was almost dead silent.

I also want to say that in my experience, the band parents aren't the ones leaving. Granted, I'm not paying them much attention, but I can only think of a few parents who habitually leave. Most are there until the very end.

I'll also say that I remember less fans leaving at the end of games in 2008 than at the end of games this year. Why? I don't know. It seems like everyone would be willing to stay after a season like last year's. It doesn't make any sense to me.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
61ndn said:
There are fans who were born and raised purple and those who got here just as fast as they could and still bleed the same purple blood as those of us who went to school here all of our lives. Some of the latter group "walk the walk" just as well as anybody. Birthrite doesn't make one an Indian. That comes from deep within your heart, it becomes who you are, and what you stand for. The Honor, Pride, and Tradition that adorns the pressbox is the creed that you live by.

So that there can be no misunderstanding, I support this coaching staff 100+%. We have a different group of young men on the field this year than we did last year. Perhaps that is the difference in the record but these guys are giving it their all every Friday night and they deserve that we give it our all in the stands. As I said in an earlier post, I plan to keep on walking.
I agree. I was referring to those who are new who don't want to learn or partake in the "Indian experience", not those who want to bleed purple.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
OK. I have tried to stay away from this, but I guess I will put my 2 cents in. Where we sit and sat at the Nederland game, everyone was into the game. My only problem is people leaving when they deem the game to be "over". As we all learned last season in the Central game, it ain't over til its over. I ALWAYS stay until the last Cherokee is played, that is how I was raised and how I have raised my kids. And yes, that includes years when we got some good spankings and I had to wake up before 4 AM to work days on Saturday. It irks me that people can't inconvenience themselves to stay and support these boys that are playing their hearts out, regardless of their record or talent level. Here is my problem with people continuing to harp on this on this message board....1) It doesn't look good and is not what PNG is about when fans start attacking each other. Our Pride, Honor and Tradition has always united our community, not divided it.2) This website is filled with die hard, purple blooded, hard core PNG fans. So, you are basically preaching to the choir when you come on here and rail against those who don't care enough to ever visit this site and more than likely don't know or care that it exists. So please, I beg of you, let's all please just drop it.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
squaw said:
GROW, I agree with both you and Concerned, but you have to be careful or they'll be accusing you of firing our coaches, etc. ::) I also have said that there is a change in the fans--maybe because a lot of these people are from somewhere else and don't understand that we stand for Cherokee, support our boys 100% and do not leave until the game is completely over and the boys go in. I said last year that a lot of band parents "bail out" after halftime and I thought I was gonna get death threats! ;D You are female; therefore to some you are "stupid". Oh, well, I am not replying to those who post personally offensive things to any other fan, including me. BTW, did anyone have trouble hearing the band?
I think you may have misunderstood my post. I was referring to the fact that we have made some mistakes and need some luck to get us over the hump. Nothing more nothing less. I am perfectly happy with the coaches. I think they do a great job and hope they stay around long enough to take the INDIAN NATION back to the state playoff game.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
OK. I have tried to stay away from this, but I guess I will put my 2 cents in. Where we sit and sat at the Nederland game, everyone was into the game. My only problem is people leaving when they deem the game to be "over". As we all learned last season in the Central game, it ain't over til its over. I ALWAYS stay until the last Cherokee is played, that is how I was raised and how I have raised my kids. And yes, that includes years when we got some good spankings and I had to wake up before 4 AM to work days on Saturday. It irks me that people can't inconvenience themselves to stay and support these boys that are playing their hearts out, regardless of their record or talent level. Here is my problem with people continuing to harp on this on this message board....1) It doesn't look good and is not what PNG is about when fans start attacking each other. Our Pride, Honor and Tradition has always united our community, not divided it.2) This website is filled with die hard, purple blooded, hard core PNG fans. So, you are basically preaching to the choir when you come on here and rail against those who don't care enough to ever visit this site and more than likely don't know or care that it exists. So please, I beg of you, let's all please just drop it.
IMHO, this is the best post you've ever made!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
We should be 5-0...we are 1-4...when you see a player or coach in the community, tell him that win or lose, he is an Indian...love'em, support the team and coaches, and be positive. Tell the players to keep playing hard and fast...good things will happen. We'll get better...if we catch a break or 2, then we'll see how things shake out. Glad to hear that some JV players are being added to the roster...play to win now, and build for the future. Coach Faircloth is building a program...not a 1 season fluke...we will be fine in the long run.

Go Indians. Peace.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
What was with the Booing on our side when the Dogs came out? Thats not for us...We Indians have CLASS...now booing the refs is allowed..lol.

purplefan

It is being reported we will lose a number of fans for the next 3 weeks due to no stand no yell.We also lost a few to leave early without permission.It is unknown how many were dropped due to concession stand trips or potty breaks.The good news is they have 3 weeks to practice but cannot attend games.On a lighter note,fans that were found to stand most of the time for Cherokee and yell,but not loud enough for the monitors,will be allowed to attend the remaining games if their performance continues to improve.I hope all fans that were suspended or on probation,are able to impress the monitors with a new found attitude that will let them return to the stadium and again participate in PNG games.If not, a purple X will be placed on their forehead with a permanent marker by a certified fan monitor and all future fan privileges will be revoked. I hope this is just a rumor.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
Heard defense will be going to a new scheme starting this week! I would hope so. Come on Big Purple.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
purplefan said:
It is being reported we will lose a number of fans for the next 3 weeks due to no stand no yell.We also lost a few to leave early without permission.It is unknown how many were dropped due to concession stand trips or potty breaks.The good news is they have 3 weeks to practice but cannot attend games.On a lighter note,fans that were found to stand most of the time for Cherokee and yell,but not loud enough for the monitors,will be allowed to attend the remaining games if their performance continues to improve.I hope all fans that were suspended or on probation,are able to impress the monitors with a new found attitude that will let them return to the stadium and again participate in PNG games.If not, a purple X will be placed on their forehead with a permanent marker by a certified fan monitor and all future fan privileges will be revoked. I hope this is just a rumor.
Now thats Funny ! Guess those 2 restroom breaks and to grab a water have doomed me for the year ! Dangit ! Oh and I booed at the refs do I atleast get some privilages back ?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
We should be 5-0...we are 1-4...when you see a player or coach in the community, tell him that win or lose, he is an Indian...love'em, support the team and coaches, and be positive. Tell the players to keep playing hard and fast...good things will happen. We'll get better...if we catch a break or 2, then we'll see how things shake out. Glad to hear that some JV players are being added to the roster...play to win now, and build for the future. Coach Faircloth is building a program...not a 1 season fluke...we will be fine in the long run.

Go Indians. Peace.
ditto

purplefan

pngfan66--As long as it was a standing boo, directed at the refs, you will receive fan points in your account.A sitting boo is just like no boo at all and will receive no reward.I wonder how the great indian chief Sitting Bull would feel about this?

pngfan66

500+ Posts
purplefan said:
pngfan66--As long as it was a standing boo, directed at the refs, you will receive fan points in your account.A sitting boo is just like no boo at all and will receive no reward.I wonder how the great indian chief Sitting Bull would feel about this?
Oh good ! I was standing. So at the next home game do I get to watch a entire quarter of play or an entire half ? LOL

I was at the high school today and watched some D, didnt notice any change in the formation for the D. Some folks being tried out at other positions.

purplefan

Oh good ! I was standing. So at the next home game do I get to watch a entire quarter of play or an entire half ? LOL

I was at the high school today and watched some D, didnt notice any change in the formation for the D. Some folks being tried out at other positions.

Pulling for the D to make some early stops and gain some confidence. Maybe that will help them play with a little less pressure on them after the last 2 games. Saw on another post some JV players were brought up but no info.

I feel sure you will be given until halftime to prove you are worthy to be a fan,provided no rules are broken. So hydrate before the game and run to the bathroom on a timeout.

Heard the Band & Indianettes have chosen to perform after the game so all band and indianette parents will see the whole game this week, which will put an end to another ongoing drama.Hopefully the band and indianette parents that choose to arrive at the end of the 4th quarter will make it impossible for the football fans leaving the game early
to exit the stands which will have everyone standing at the end of the game which will bring peace to the valley.LOL

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores