Weather Fri night!

Watchful

Weather...what a surprise...it was cool and breezy but saw about 11 teeny-tiny "mist drops" in the 4th quarter.

Of course...with the sad outcome...maybe would have turned out better if there had been a downpour to slow down the Cubs.

Anyway...a very nice night for a classic matchup. PNG fans represented incredibly!

Watchful in Bellville

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Yep, God indeed smiled on us and kept the rain away!

Hey Watchful, how did your friends enjoy the game?

Watchful

NDNmom91 said:

My wife actually subs in Brenham ISD so she and her bud rooted for Cubs...but were blown away by all of the purple - the band - Indian Spirit - the Indianettes, etc.

My friend who just plain loves high school sports was in awe of the whole evening.

Watchful

Oh...perhaps the MOST amazing thing was arriving one hour before kickoff and seeing about 100 people on side - and 4-5 thousand on the other. That impressed my buds!

(Please take this in the right way...One of our friends who came is a huge Aggie nut - which I am not - and after the game - I told her that PNG fans ALMOST make Aggie fans look rational! This is a compliment, not an insult, by the way!!)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard PNG fans compared to A&M's base many times because of their never ending support and numbers.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Watchful said:
NDNmom91 said:

My wife actually subs in Brenham ISD so she and her bud rooted for Cubs...but were blown away by all of the purple - the band - Indian Spirit - the Indianettes, etc.

My friend who just plain loves high school sports was in awe of the whole evening.

Well, if yall ever feel like a little road trip, bring 'em on down to The Reservation next season! Tell them if they though last night was something, they ain't seen nuttin' yet! If yall can't make it to Port Neches, we will be playing our first game in The Alamodome against Gregory Portland, that should be a sight to see as well!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Watchful said:
NDNmom91 said:

Like I mentioned elsewhere, the TX high school playoff scene is lesser with the PN-G Indian Nation out of it. Some might say that is arrogance. But what you described is true and only the 'haters' of the world think otherwise.

Watchful

NDNmom91 said:
Well, if yall ever feel like a little road trip, bring 'em on down to The Reservation next season! Tell them if they though last night was something, they ain't seen nuttin' yet! If yall can't make it to Port Neches, we will be playing our first game in The Alamodome against Gregory Portland, that should be a sight to see as well!

My sports-crazy friend already mentioned doing that next year...going to PNG - eat some crawfish and go to the Reservation!

(He is basketball crazy too - last year we saw the 5A region final game on a Saturday afternoon in Aldine - went out for an early supper - and then headed to Katy for the 4A region final game. Had no teams we were following - just enjoying the HS sports!)

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
That's great...tell him seeing a PNG game is kinda one of those "bucket" list things! Mid County Madness would be the game to see...but we played at home this year so we will prob be at Nederland next year, now if he likes some entertainment, we should play Central at The Reservation and their band is something to see...lol...tell him to bring plenty of dolla bills ;D! Lumberton is another good game, they bring lots of fans as well. Stay in touch, and hope you all can make it down! Oh, and Larry's French Market in Groves is the place to go for crawfish, and they usually have a great band playing on Fri and Sat nights!

Watchful

While I am at it - let me give a "shout out" for the HS I graduated from...those other purple guys...from Newton HS.

Some smash-mouth country-boy football up there...and since they are still in the playoffs, you can keep wearing your purple and give a little cheer for the Eagles. :woohoo:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores