Week 1 - Port Neches-Groves vs Silsbee

twrpng

100+ Posts
We png should win this game I think RJ is ready to run , I've watched both scrimmage games and can tell he's frustrated about not being able to keep plays alive with his feet. We are young at receiving but I said but we can get better as we go along . We also need the running game # 5 and # 19 play with a chip on their shoulder.

RoschonsBigBro

I didnt see this as a game to worry about before and I dont now. Honestly i feel like we could beat silsbee without throwing a pass with Shug and the rbs running the ball. I dont think of this as much of a contest and i really dont like starting off the season against a team a that png usually beats down regardless of personnel and year. Thats just me. Silsbee might have some talent, for Silsbee standards but Im not concerned
42-21

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Agree. Wouldn't be surprised if this is a 400 yard game on the ground for the Indians. If that offense line can get going, every back will pick up good yardage, and RJ will go for 200+.

From the video I've seen, the Indian defense is the surprise factor at this point of the season. On the positive side.

RoschonsBigBro

Yeah man. With how the rbs look together and Shug out there it will be too much. Recievers off the play action. That's all she wrote. Silsbee won't throw that much and when they do I expect at least 1 int.Their rbs may do damage but this year's d should hold their own

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
2018 Indian Defense swarms to the ball. Speed will kill any team, but this Indian D will be around the ball on every play.

John Nichols is going to be a star on that defensive line. There is no glory to be had on the o line, but d line is a different story.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
A couple of things to remember Jackson sat out against WB which hurt us in the secondary and starting lineman Burt also sat out against WB and WOS. These two will be a huge part of our season.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
This season is going to be fun to watch. We are dynamic under center and in the backfield. We have young WRs but RJ will be able to get them the ball. He will throw his receivers open, it'll be up to them to make it happen on the back end. Defensively, we will be much better. I honestly haven't been this excited for some NDN football in a long time.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Amen.

Go Indians, make this a season for the ages. A season that all PNG fans, and current players and coaches will talk about forever.

Over the past 9 seasons we have seen PNG teams go toe to toe with powerhouse teams that ultimately would have been the best they would face. This can be the season where those gaps are closed. Wishing the 2018 Indian football team the best.

BMTSoulja1

RoschonsBigBro said:
I didnt see this as a game to worry about before and I dont now. Honestly i feel like we could beat silsbee without throwing a pass with Shug and the rbs running the ball. I dont think of this as much of a contest and i really dont like starting off the season against a team a that png usually beats down regardless of personnel and year. Thats just me. Silsbee might have some talent, for Silsbee standards but Im not concerned
42-21
Lol. Really?? Lol

BMTSoulja1

All of this talk and no one has seen Silsbee. I have. I seen silsbee completely dominate the Vidor team two weeks ago... The same Vidor team that dominated WO-S this weekend. The same WO-S team that outlasted you guys if I recall. If you don't think Silsbee don't have anything, obviously y'all haven't been doing your research. Lots back on defense. It won't be easy for Boy Wonder...

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
BMTSoulja1 said:
All of this talk and no one has seen Silsbee. I have. I seen silsbee completely dominate the Vidor team two weeks ago... The same Vidor team that dominated WO-S this weekend. The same WO-S team that outlasted you guys if I recall. If you don't think Silsbee don't have anything, obviously y'all haven't been doing your research. Lots back on defense. It won't be easy for Boy Wonder...
I was at the WOS scrimmage and my opinion is that the game would have been 40-13 PNG had it been the starters playing both halves. Most of the starters especially the skill positions only played one half. And the second TD by WOS was the starters vs the 3rd string defense. Almost all of them played in the JV game earlier in the day. The WOS 22 silver helmets (non JV players) were easily distinguished from white JV helmets. Maybe 40-20 given some great running plays by the Mustang QB (he’s very good) I don’t underestimate Silsbee. So you think Silsbee will be better than WOS this year? They are highly ranked preseason won back to back Basketball championships so they obviously have talent not sure how much they lost.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
WOS might have had a little psychological trauma having to face a black and gold team that runs the wing T. Lol. “All you gotta do is stop the run” sounds familiar from the finals.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
BMTSoulja1 said:

Glorified practices. These are high school kids still learning and working out the kinks. The only thing you can gain from ‘scrimmage research’ is how well a team executes the limited plays they choose to run.

RoschonsBigBro

BMTSoulja1 said:
RoschonsBigBro said:
42-21
Lol. Really?? Lol

42-21. Yeah that easy. Feel free to use it as motivation.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Usedtocould said:
BMTSoulja1 said:
I was at the WOS scrimmage and my opinion is that the game would have been 40-13 PNG had it been the starters playing both halves. Most of the starters especially the skill positions only played one half. And the second TD by WOS was the starters vs the 3rd string defense. Almost all of them played in the JV game earlier in the day. The WOS 22 silver helmets (non JV players) were easily distinguished from white JV helmets. Maybe 40-20 given some great running plays by the Mustang QB (he’s very good) I don’t underestimate Silsbee. So you think Silsbee will be better than WOS this year? They are highly ranked preseason won back to back Basketball championships so they obviously have talent not sure how much they lost.

Silsbee is a dang good ball club. They have athletes all over the field. But I think BF will out-scheme them and with RJ having the ball in his hands every play, PNG will ultimately be too much on the offensive side of the ball.

We have to remember, this PNG team went toe to toe with WB and had PNG been able to run the ball with RJ or even slide the pocket with him, the game would have been a whole lot different from an offensive perspective. These scrimmages protect the QB (as they should), but they also eliminate the biggest, and most valuable asset that the NDNs have in the backfield. If Soulja wants to put all his eggs in the same "scrimmage basket," then more power to him. I for one, take them with a grain of salt.

Also, as an aside, had that scrimmage been a real game, PNG wins easily. There were 2 picks that would likely have gone the other way for 6. However, turnovers are immediately blown dead. Also (see point above), WOS would not have been able to contain RJ. I think that WOS will have a down year for WOS standards.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Few, if any teams will contain RJ. Not only because he is a superstar, but because of the other 10 players on the field with him. (The ‘Boy Wonder’ remarks are out of line and disrespectful of the team, but whatever...)

BMTSoulja1

RoschonsBigBro said:
BMTSoulja1 said:
RoschonsBigBro said:
42-21
Lol. Really?? Lol

There was little research done on that prediction and it a obvious yours just rah rahing for your brother. But its fine. Just feels like MCM week when all that flapping stops when Nederland wins. But hey, don't mind me. I'm just the man behind the curtain...

RoschonsBigBro

BMTSoulja1 said:
RoschonsBigBro said:
BMTSoulja1 said:
RoschonsBigBro said:
42-21
Lol. Really?? Lol

There was little research done on that prediction and it a obvious yours just rah rahing for your brother. But its fine. Just feels like MCM week when all that flapping stops when Nederland wins. But hey, don't mind me. I'm just the man behind the curtain...

Naw, my flapping never stops. I let Nederland know about the 600+ yards and 11 tds he put up on them like Im letting you know that we going to beat Silsbee. Shug and the O line dominate Nederland every game they play them. Roschon don't play defense.
You just Tell them safeties to be ready to hit. I need to decorate my new office and blowing up a pic of some Silsbee kid getting posterized would do well with the ambiance.

BMTSoulja1

RoschonsBigBro said:
BMTSoulja1 said:
RoschonsBigBro said:
BMTSoulja1 said:
RoschonsBigBro said:
42-21
Lol. Really?? Lol

Naw, my flapping never stops. I let Nederland know about the 600+ yards and 11 tds he put up on them like Im letting you know that we going to beat Silsbee. Shug and the O line dominate Nederland every game they play them. Roschon don't play defense. Cant help that.
You just Tell them safeties to be ready to hit. I need to decorate my new office and blowing up a pic of some Silsbee kid getting posterized would do well with the ambiance.
I understand, well, not really. Pass for 600 yards and lose. Typical mentality. Almost like the mentality of many. Beat Nederland, miss the playoffs is a successful season. I get it. Well, I don't get it. Who am I fooling.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores