Week 10: 8-5A District Standings

tony79

100+ Posts
I totally agree with this because I thought the same thing too! That loss seemed to take the wind out of their sails because we were the team in 2024 that they wanted to beat after getting bounced out of the playoffs last year.
With the win over Huntsville MLC is showing more charactet than we predicted. Maybe Huntsville underestimated them a tiny bit as well.

Eazy Money

If PNG beats Montgomery, then Nederland just needs to win one game to win District. If PNG loses to Montgomery, then the District championship will played between Nederland and Montgomery. The Huntsville game doesn’t actually matter as long as they defeat Montgomery.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
If PNG beats Montgomery, then Nederland just needs to win one game to win District. If PNG loses to Montgomery, then the District championship will played between Nederland and Montgomery. The Huntsville game doesn’t actually matter as long as they defeat Montgomery.

Although it will not be an easy task for the dogs to beat either Huntsville or Montgomery, the current situation does mean we are no longer in control of our own destiny with regard to the DC. Nevertheless, we need to be concerned about what we CAN control by running the table in our remaining district games and hoping the dogs stumble against both of those teams (although that does not seem likely). More importantly, we need to do everything possible to improve going forward if we want to go very far in the playoffs. We have the talent and the coaching staff to do that, and hopefully this loss will provide the necessary motivation to achieve it. We have always performed well as an underdog, and we will likely have the chance to do that again in one or more playoff games.
The response directly above is my response to the post from easy money, not a post from easy money. My typing somehow got posted as FROM easy money, and I could never figure how to get it disconnected from that name (lol).

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
With the win over Huntsville MLC is showing more charactet than we predicted. Maybe Huntsville underestimated them a tiny bit as well.
Lake Creek is a good team. They were good enough to win against PNG and Nederland. Or at least almost did.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (7-0)
vs.
Nederland Bulldogs (6-1)

Friday, Oct. 25, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium, Port Neches, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores