Well, Darn It!

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
oops sorry Proud, actually I thought I was editing the post. Didn't mean to call you out or anything ;)

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
I'm hibernating...and I refuse to wake up until the temps get back into at least the 60's !!

bear-2.jpg

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
yankeedawg said:
I'm hibernating...and I refuse to wake up until the temps get back into at least the 60's !!

bear-2.jpg

You may have a lllloooonnnnnggggggggggg nap there YD!

I am real proud of all the accolades our Indians have gotten both as a team and as individuals. Just been busy with the seasons...deer and Christmas. Now the meat is in the freezer and the decorations put away maybe I can get back on here a little more often. I am sure it is covered somewhere on the board but to save me a lot of time, can someone help me? What is the date of the game at the Alamodome? We went to the Dave Campbell site but didn't see a date. Also any other info you could share, i.e. how many games that day, etc.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I don't know the actual date, other than it's week 0. I guess one could go to the Saturday before Christmas, and back up 16 weeks? Would that be correct? Or is it 17?

NDN06

100+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
I don't know the actual date, other than it's week 0. I guess one could go to the Saturday before Christmas, and back up 16 weeks? Would that be correct? Or is it 17?

I thiinnnnkkkkk.... it's Labor Day weekend (if I counted correctly). I believe that would be Sept. 4.

(not positive though)

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Isn't the week 0 game the last Friday of August ? I guess we won't have our new schedule until after the realignment in February. I have had alot of the players coming in and out of my house with my son and it seems like all they talk about is how sore and tired they have been with the off season workouts. I was laughing hard before the Christmas break because they were complaining about the smell in the field house from all the guys throwing up in the garbage cans during the drills. Guess its a pretty hard work out !

Anyone hear of any transfers in ?

I was sort of thinking that we played week 0 in Reliant Stadium the Friday night of Labor Day weekend but I am so old I wasn't sure. Does some Mom or Grandma still have an old schedule or program from their Indian player's season that would confirm? I appreciate the input. We probably all need to find out so we can start making motel reservations, etc.

NDN06

100+ Posts
according to Wikipedia (the oh-so-reliable source) the Texas Football Classic takes place "usually over Labor Day weekend".

Hopefully this is the case so all of us Indians can play in San Antonio for an extra day!

I decided to put some rusty brain cells to work and see if I could figure this out for myself. The first game of this season was Aug 28 and I believe that was called week 0. The state championship game was Dec 19 which means there were actually 17 games including the one dubbed week 0. Following that line of thought I grabbed my calendar for this year and figured the championship game will be Dec 18 AND I SURE HOPE WE ARE PLAYING IN IT. I then backed up 17 weeks and it looks like week 0 would be August 27/28. But, I too thought the classic was over Labor Day weekend. Does anyone remember where on this board the copy of the contract the district signed is? We could look there or maybe one of the booster club members could find out from the Chief of the Tribe.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
So it appears that the date and time will be determine by Jan 31 so hold off on making your reservations for a while.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores