West Orange-Stark at Port Neches-Groves Predictions

Longbow

Maybe I can shed some light on this QB issue. AJ has a condition that causes him to dehydrate very quickly. It is common for him to lose 10-15lbs. in a single practice. As a result, he cramps as we saw in the second half of the Silsbee game. You need a back-up in case. Now we have two very good QB's with different strengths. AJ is much more of a drop-back guy and his passes are more finesse. Walker is much quicker and throws rifle shots, especially on the roll-out style passes. I was able to watch a little bit of practice the other day and Walker was stinging our receivers hands at 30 yards and some of them were wearing gloves. Two totally different styles that greatly compliment each other. Coach Faircloth is "maximizing our talent" by utilizing both of these boys strengths.

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
PNG 26 WOS 24 maybe even some overtime! One thing about it Indians will not laydown!hang on to your seat! Go Indians!!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Longbow said:
Maybe I can shed some light on this QB issue. AJ has a condition that causes him to dehydrate very quickly. It is common for him to lose 10-15lbs. in a single practice. As a result, he cramps as we saw in the second half of the Silsbee game. You need a back-up in case. Now we have two very good QB's with different strengths. AJ is much more of a drop-back guy and his passes are more finesse. Walker is much quicker and throws rifle shots, especially on the roll-out style passes. I was able to watch a little bit of practice the other day and Walker was stinging our receivers hands at 30 yards and some of them were wearing gloves. Two totally different styles that greatly compliment each other. Coach Faircloth is "maximizing our talent" by utilizing both of these boys strengths.

Anyone remember the small QB that Dayton had last season? That kid could run and throw with the best of them. If Walker is anything like that then having both QBs as options is a definite plus. Not only that, but it makes sense to give him some reps in case of injury.

And also to help groom him for the next 2 years. One of the complaints that many had last season was that Miller didn't get enough snaps duting Doty's senior year.

Walk14

Indianfan, I would remind you that 2 of our losses last year were from QB's 5' 7" or shorter (Dayton and Crosby) and I can assure you that Walker's arm is much better than either of those guys and he is 5'9".

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Walk14 said:
Indianfan, I would remind you that 2 of our losses last year were from QB's 5' 7" or shorter (Dayton and Crosby) and I can assure you that Walker's arm is much better than either of those guys and he is 5'9".

As I agree Walker is going to be a good QB, it has yet to be determine what he'd do at the varsity level. Much different talet levels.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I hope Walker will be playing Fri night!! I have heard GREAT things about him! Can't wait to see him and AJ in action together!! I bet coach has a few tricks up his sleeves for the Mustangs!!

Walk14

Sorry for the last post guys. Let's just say that the closer it gets to game day, sibling support gets pretty intense. I think that they all need shock collars.

bark

1,000+ Posts
NDNmom91 said:
I hope Walker will be playing Fri night!! I have heard GREAT things about him! Can't wait to see him and AJ in action together!! I bet coach has a few tricks up his sleeves for the Mustangs!!
I think that 15PNG is right on the money - many teams use 2 Qb's and are very succesful. I believe that Fairclothe will find a way to use both of these talented players to our advantage. It is hard to do but comparisons are not relavent, in that the team around the Qb's being compared are different and how do you compare Qb's from different eras? Ethridge, Long, Doty etc...

pngfan66

500+ Posts
You can stop speed with containment and aggressive tackling. Atleast thats my take on from my playing days in high school and college. Containment is the key.

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
I will say this at the JV game last night, We all sat on the home side and there were a lot of the WOS varisty players in the stands, and I heard them say "I have never seen so many people at a JV game" and I am thinking wait till you come play at the Reservation! Also there were about 6 future Indian cheerleaders that went down at the bottom of the stands were leading in "6 bits" and they were out doing the WOS JV cheerleaders and fans, another player stated "man they even have little cheerleaders come to the JV games" We as fans owe it to those boys to be as loud as we can!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
You can stop speed with containment and aggressive tackling. Atleast thats my take on from my playing days in high school and college. Containment is the key.

That is correct, the best defense against speed it attacking at the point of containment. You don't want speed in the open field, we just don't have the speed. That is why I feel we must be aggresive, but not at the point of being overly aggressive.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores