West Orange-Stark at Port Neches-Groves Predictions

bandkid

Staff member
Tough game coming up. PN-G will need to rely heavily on a running game that didn't look too good against Silsbee. WO-S has a great secondary. The good news is, WO-S's offense isn't doing so well. The running game, which is the traditional staple of Mustang football, isn't as strong as it usually is and the passing game is shaky.

I think the crowd MUST get involved to help PN-G pull this one out. Make that home-field advantage count.

If all goes well, I'm thinking 17-14 PN-G.

indianforever

100+ Posts
If Png can win this one we will get a lot of respect that's for sure...everyone is saying we aren't very good this year but let's go out there and show them differently :clap:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PN-G teams traditionally start the year slowly so nothing new there. Anyone remember 1999? PN-G 14, Kelly 10.

The Indians succeed with team play as opposed to having an abundance of athletes that can dominate a game. Unless you've got a team loaded with seniors that's to be expected.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
PNG 28 WOS 24

BF will have the kids tackling better this week.. AJ will be better this week due to i believe he had some nerves last week being his first varsity game. The line will block better for our running game.. BF is offensive minded and he will mix it up . First games are always a learning factor from LIVE ball instead of scrimmaging each other and only one scrimmage game against someone else. I have faith that the QB and RB will have more success this week! And the D did a good job last week. and they will make the adjustments for positions and tackling!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I'll make no predictions other than that we will pull out a W. I'm pumped that WO-S is finally back on the schedule. I'm looking forward to a renewal of the rivalry! Love or hate WO-S, games against them were always awesome.

indianforever

100+ Posts
I read on another forum that walker may play qb and AJ was seen practicing as a reciever and this was from an Indian fan...anybody know if this info is accurate?....I'm not trying to start trouble just curious

15PNG

500+ Posts
Here's a thought, and yeah, I'm not the coach............ but what if they rotate and use both QBs? Round Rock Stony Point did that with GREAT success. It confused defenses even more because sometimes you would have two QB's out on the field and they were pulling off trick plays left and right. They had some sort of pitch out/throwback pass that they burned defenses every single time. One of the QB's was flying down the sideline and the other would launch it to him......6 POINTS! Then they would line up to stop that....... and left the entire rest of the offense open. I must say, it was fun to watch and left teams frustrated. They made it to the Semi finals twice that way and once to the quarterfinals. They lost to Euless Trinity each time (that team is a freak of nature) but by just a few points in the last minutes.

bandkid

Staff member
15PNG said:
Here's a thought, and yeah, I'm not the coach............ but what if they rotate and use both QBs? Round Rock Stony Point did that with GREAT success. It confused defenses even more because sometimes you would have two QB's out on the field and they were pulling off trick plays left and right. They had some sort of pitch out/throwback pass that they burned defenses every single time. One of the QB's was flying down the sideline and the other would launch it to him......6 POINTS! Then they would line up to stop that....... and left the entire rest of the offense open. I must say, it was fun to watch and left teams frustrated. They made it to the Semi finals twice that way and once to the quarterfinals. They lost to Euless Trinity each time (that team is a freak of nature) but by just a few points in the last minutes.

That's what I was thinking. Make PN-G a dual QB threat. That builds some serious flexibility into the playbook and increases the potential for success with deceptive play-calling. Definitely some possibilities there.

But if we do see any of that, it won't be in preseason.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Manvel used a 2-QB system and did just fine making it to the state championship game...Coach Faircloth will utilize all the talent PN-G has to offer...we will be just fine...the big QB will get better and do just fine...the soph QB will change the pace and offer another dimension to the PN-G attack. The OL will get better and our running game will be there. Too many naysayers after 1 game...AND WE WON THE 1st GAME.

Go Indians. Peace.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I have faith the Offense will get going, but its the defense that has me worried. With WOS team speed we need to attack them at the point, not sit back and try to contain them in the open field....Thats not going to happen!!! We're not good open field tacklers. We have GOT to get more agressive on defense.
Spoke with a good friend who attended the LCM/WOS game last week and he stated WOS offense didn't look good, but their defense was very aggressive and very fast. Said its the best he's seen from them in many years.

15PNG

500+ Posts
1989NDN said:
Manvel used a 2-QB system and did just fine making it to the state championship game...Coach Faircloth will utilize all the talent PN-G has to offer...we will be just fine...the big QB will get better and do just fine...the soph QB will change the pace and offer another dimension to the PN-G attack. The OL will get better and our running game will be there. Too many naysayers after 1 game...AND WE WON THE 1st GAME.

Go Indians. Peace.

+ 1

HighChief2008

As far as the O-Line goes I believe it's getting used to a different type of QB. I wouldn't put AJ in the same category as Doty and Miller. They both were pocket QBs and what I noticed about AJ is that they have him rolling out more often and if he sees a running lane to take it (like Michael Vick). O-line is full of returning players who just have to adjust to a different style. We will be fine. Coach Faircloth is a GREAT coach and we all know this hopefully. We just need to trust him and take it game by game.

Squaw1

My age is showing, I know, but I'd like to see a few option plays and pitching the ball. Worked great in the 70
s and now no one is using it much so it might be harder to defend.

HighChief2008

Squaw1 said:
My age is showing, I know, but I'd like to see a few option plays and pitching the ball. Worked great in the 70
s and now no one is using it much so it might be harder to defend.

I honestly haven't seen enough from our running backs to agree with this. AJ would be good for it, but I just haven't seen the backs enough to say. I did notice though in Silsbee around the third quarter AJ came up from a hit and was grabbing at his leg. Not sure if it was from the hit or just cramping. If he isn't going to hold up maybe we should tone down his running.

PurpleNDN

indianforever said:
I agree we need everyone screaming...we can do this

Png 24
Wos 21

We need to scream at the right time.... When the other team has the ball....Indian fans are louder than any other... lets show WOS how loud we can be!!!!!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores